The Chatterbox > Random Chat

I sometimes stream osu!mania.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Spectere:
Yep, looks like that covers everything. Looks like a pretty solid piece of software overall.

The main reason I went with a hardware mixer is simply because the Windows audio stack is a bit of a dumpster fire (though it's still waaaayyy better than what I usually have to deal with in Linux…woof). I'm sure they probably accounted for a lot of corner cases, but trying to mix, audio from one of Windows's many APIs (pretty sure they're up to four now) can be a bit tricky at times. I hope it works out well for you!

And yeah, I haven't dropped a condenser mic, but from what I understand you're basically screwed if the capsule takes damage. You should be fine as long as you keep it in the desk mount, though.

IIRC, overheads are typically small diaphragm condensers. I'm pretty sure if someone broke them there'd be no need to hide the body—it'd be justifiable homicide. :P

I wouldn't go with the Grados for monitoring simply because they're open back. I can even pick up audio leakage from my ATH-M40fs cans, which are closed back, if I have the volume a bit too loud and I'm using my C-3. It's crazy how sensitive those things are.

Bobbias:
Hmm, I think that's one of those things I'll have to check out myself. If the leakage is low enough I might be able to just noise gate it away.

Just ordered the webcam, a bendy mounting arm for it, and the mic kit off ebay. The webcam came out to like 35cad off ebay for a refurbished one. As long as it works, that's fine with me. The mic kit was like $51 instead of $60, not a big save there, but free shipping on that one, so it was still a bit cheaper. The arm, I should have looked around first. The shipping on the one I ordered on ebay was retarded and made it more expensive than amazon, so I'm asking to cancel it.

Spectere:
Ugh, I hate dealing with shipping on eBay. At least they added the option to sort by price + shipping at some point. Still really easy to miss it, though.

And yeah, leakage is hard to judge until you actually manage to get your hands on the kit and start playing around with it. It definitely helps that you already have a nice set of cans that you can play around with.

Another possible option would be going with IEMs with foam pads. Those won't leak anything (okay, maybe they will if you crank the volume well past unsafe levels, but don't do that, lol), though it takes some time to get used to wearing them.

Bobbias:
Hmm, no idea what happened, but I just got BSOD'd while streaming with a heap corruption error. :/ Tried looking at the dump but can't get anything remotely useful out of it.

Spectere:
My guess would be a driver issue (or buggy anti-virus software). Those are pretty much the only things that would be able to corrupt the kernel's heap. Even normal tasks run as Administrator can't directly affect kernel space.

I'd start with your video drivers, especially if you're using GPU-assisted encoding. Make sure they're either at the latest version or, if they are at the latest, downgrade to the next version down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version