Author Topic: New GFX card.  (Read 5523 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: New GFX card.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:53:54 AM »
In terms of price, I have no idea, but dude, nice. I've only got a 1070.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »
The 2070 is a solid card! You're looking at slightly better performance than a 1080 Ti on average and you still get those shiny RTX features.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect, I can still reliably hold 60fps on most titles at 4K, ultra settings on my 1080 Ti.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »
Yeah, my 1070 is enough to shit all over most games at 1440p, and that thing is considerably more powerful.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Yeah I've been enjoying it a lot. Also went out and bought an Oculus Rift S, so been having crazy fun with Beat Saber. 3 hours played, first 3 song packs completed on Expert. Gonna tackle the bonus songs today then hopefully start moving my way to Expert+

*Edit*
Also, I have the Acer Predator BMPIRZ, so I always try to keep my FPS above 144. With every game so far at max gfx it's been no problem. Fuckin' love it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:22:01 PM by NewF »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »
I've got the Acer Predator BMIPRZ XB241YU, 24 inch 144hz (OC'd to 165) myself. With a 1070 I get like ~90 FPS in borderlands 2 with shit maxed at 4k then downsampled to 1440p lol. Not that that game is exactly hard to run, but I was surprised I could do that with this thing. I haven't played anything that actually seems to tax my card so far, but that's also because I really don't play games all that often any more -.- So given all that, yeah, you're gonna be able to basically do whatever you want with that thing and not have to worry about "can I run this at max?".

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 10:46:17 AM »
Yeah I've been enjoying it a lot. Also went out and bought an Oculus Rift S, so been having crazy fun with Beat Saber.

Get Robo Recall. It's incredible. Sadly, it isn't free with the Rift S (it was with the CV1 + Touch bundle), but I think it's still well worth the price tag. I keep going back to it despite 100%ing it twice.

Also, Lone Echo is an awesome experience after you've gotten your VR legs.

Edit: Also, I highly recommend investing in a VR Cover if you haven't already. It lets you put a nice, easily washable piece of cloth over the somewhat abrasive foam. It makes it far more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time, and in my experience almost completely eliminates "Oculus Face."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:50:54 AM by Spectere »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 01:11:04 PM »
Get Robo Recall. It's incredible. Sadly, it isn't free with the Rift S (it was with the CV1 + Touch bundle), but I think it's still well worth the price tag. I keep going back to it despite 100%ing it twice.

Also, Lone Echo is an awesome experience after you've gotten your VR legs.

Edit: Also, I highly recommend investing in a VR Cover if you haven't already. It lets you put a nice, easily washable piece of cloth over the somewhat abrasive foam. It makes it far more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time, and in my experience almost completely eliminates "Oculus Face."

I'll definitely look into those games.
And yes, I should 100% get one of those covers, because I sweat like a madman after playing Beat Saber for a long period of time and I don't wanna ruin the foam with stinky sweat. Thanks for lookin' out bud!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 09:36:15 AM »
Haha yeah, I know the feeling. It also makes cleaning so much easier. I ended up ordering two so that I could wash one and leave it air dry and still use my headset.

I haven't needed to wash the one for my Rift S yet, but when I was using the VR Cover on my good ol' CV1 I didn't even bother machine washing it. I'd just alternate between hand-washing it with antibacterial soap and soaking it for a bit until I'm satisfied, then dry it off by patting it down with a towel and either blowdrying it or letting it air dry on a towel bar.