The Chatterbox > Gaming

o2jam is back.

(1/4) > >>

NewF:
They got a server up, hosted in Philippines. I've been playing a little bit, but not much. You guys should join up sometime, still fun!

http://o2jam.intgamerz.net/

Spectere:
They're hosting their server on a system running…Windows 7? Uhhh…

Might have to download this later to see how they're distributing the client. I occasionally fire up a private server to play at home (it's the server software that I cracked yeaaaaars ago for Milk-Chan to get rid of the advert spam) and the client version that I'm using required me to use a DirectDraw wrapper in order to run acceptably. Kinda curious what sort of measures they took to get it running on modern versions of Windows.

Zephlar:

--- Quote from: Spectere on January 03, 2020, 07:58:09 AM ---They're hosting their server on a system running…Windows 7? Uhhh…

--- End quote ---

Windows 7 is life.

Spectere:
I mean, sure, at least until the 14th rolls around.

But even in its prime I wouldn't feel safe hosting services on it. Windows Server has a much smaller attack vector out of the box, and it's tuned for service responsiveness rather than desktop responsiveness.

Seeing stuff like that makes me a tiny bit concerned about the security of the service.

NewF:
Well, it’s hosted in the Philippines. That’s all they got, they keep their equipment (hardware and software) as basic as possible hahaha.
But if anyone is down to play, either on that server or, Ian, if you got your server up and running, I’d be down to play. I’m getting back into it a bit and brings back a lot of nostalgia and fun! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version