Author Topic: FFVII Remake  (Read 73 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
FFVII Remake
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »
Discuss.

I've already capped at lvl 50 and maxed out all my materias. Working on hard mode and fight challenges. Awesome game, but kinda pisses me off that they're releasing it in episodes. Any idea of when the next episode will be released?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: FFVII Remake
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 05:43:39 PM »
It was alright. I really started to despise the combat at around the half-way mark and I'm really dubious about where they're going to go from here, but I'll definitely take episode 2 for a spin when it comes out. I've been playing through the original again to sort of compare and contrast the two experiences. So far I've generally enjoyed the story of the remake more (before chapter 18, that is) and have largely preferred the gameplay of the original.

I don't think they've made an announcement with regards to the second part. I can't imagine it taking as long as the first, since it seems like they pushed through the development hell they ended up in, and I'm sure that the engine and many of the assets they made for episode 1 will be reusable.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII Remake
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 09:36:44 AM »
Yeah the combat pissed me off for a while too, but after getting used to it and adjusting (Something I REALLY had to do during the Bahamut fight), I'm much MUCH better at controlling it now and it's incredible. I just wish there was more to play in the first part. They stopped the gamer at LITERALLY the best part, where you get into the overworld and start the chocobo stuff. Or, they shoulda stopped the first part at the gold saucer. Would give us a shitload more to do while waiting for the second part.