Author Topic: Your Lair  (Read 2895 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Your Lair
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:29:17 AM »
Post pictures of your computing/gaming space here!

After using a recliner/TV setup for a while I decided to switch back to a desk, partially because I was getting sick at tired of my TVs not playing well with my PCs and mostly because I wanted an adjustable desk. So…I ended up with this (click for full size):

The desk is a VertDesk v3 with all sorts of fun little addons (programmable switch, monitor arm, cable management box and drag chain) and the anti-fatigue mat is an Imprint Commercial Couture Strata. I also ordered a pair of Acer Predator XB271HU monitors. I had the sound system for a while, but if you're curious it's a Sony STR-DH740 receiver, a pair of Infinity Primus P163 speakers, and (out of frame) an Infinity PS312 subwoofer.

I also have a CalDigit USB-C laptop dock (not pictured) that I use for both my personal and work laptops, as well as a switchable USB hub that I can use to easily shove my keyboard and mouse from my tower to the laptop dock.

All in all, it's been working quite well. Aside from the added general comfort of this setup, 144hz gaming has been downright incredible so far. I was pleasantly surprised that Doom 2016 was able to run at a locked 144hz on 1440p Ultra on my system, so naturally I'm kind of curious to see how Doom Eternal is going to fare (it was able to run at 4K60, maxed out, so I'm hoping for a consistent ~90-100fps at 1440p).

Edit: Tried it out tonight and it's more like 120-140fps on average, on Ultra Nightmare settings. I'll take it!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:49:33 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Your Lair
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:45:04 PM »
That's super clean.

Here's what my battle station looks like at the moment. The table is a complete mess at the moment, but with my motivation issues and my girlfriend being super busy stuff just doesn't get cleaned up as fast as we'd like. No speakers here, just my trusty Grado headphones or the built in speakers on my Predator XB241YU.

This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 08:53:32 PM »
It's a little less clean now that I set up the laptop dock and Rift S, but it's not too terrible. :P

The next thing I need to do is move my headphone setup in here so that I have an option that doesn't rattle half of the house. Currently using a Focal Elex with a JDS Element II amp. Not sure exactly where to put it yet%u2026might have to rearrange things slightly to make it work.

Edit: Oh, one of the other things that I added to my workspace is a large gaming mouse pad. I ended up getting one that's around 0.8m x 0.3m and it's pretty much ideal. It gives me a huge amount of space for my mouse and it's actually done a lot to dampen the amount of noise that my keyboard makes as well. Not bad for, like, $16, and as an added bonus it doesn't have any gaudy logos on it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:14:08 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »

Yes. I like Aqua. And Reaper. Lol.