The Chatterbox > Random Chat

The Thread of Extreme Happiness

(1/17) > >>

Spectere:
So I realize that I made somewhat of a tactical blunder when I locked the existing happy/anger threads. I figured that it would encourage more long-form discussion through the creation of new threads, but by in large all it's done is remove a means of minor celebration or venting. While there are some things that have worldwide relevance (hello there, COVID-19) and are more than deserving of their own thread, things like my FedEx escapades really don't need more than a couple of posts to get the point across.

Here, I wish to present you lovely folks with a thread to post your happy thoughts, just like what we had before except…okay, there's nothing different about this one whatsoever. Enjoy!

vladgd:

You guys know me by now, I don't think I need to say anything. You know what I'll be playing next year.

Spec edit: Resized embeds.

Spectere:
Man, having a laptop dock is ridiculously convenient. I'm kind of at the point now where I'm strongly considering nuking the Gentoo install on my desktop computer and just using my MacBook as a "serious business" environment instead, since that would give me an extra 1TB for games. It's not like I can't run a Linux VM on my MBP if need to.

macOS deserves praise for how well it handles multimonitor setups as well. In both Windows 10 and KDE Plasma, unplugging monitors and plugging them back in leads to the window manager freaking out and just scattering things everywhere. macOS tries to put windows back where they were before. So, like, the Firefox window I'm using to type normally lives on my right monitor, and is vertically maximized. When I unplugged my laptop it ended up getting dumped onto my main desktop, as expected, in a size that suits that display's resolution. When I plugged it back into the dock, macOS put that Firefox window on the right monitor in the same size and position that it was in before I undocked the system. The same is true with every other window on my system, even hidden ones. I wish more desktop environments handled displays that well.

My work laptop also supports USB-C/Thunderbolt docks, so I can use it for that as well, with the usual asterisks and footnotes that go along with many Dell products, like having to plug one of my monitors directly into the laptop, because hey, why not? I guess that's what $4000 buys you in PC land (thankfully it wasn't $4k of my money…).

Spectere:
A couple of my friends got married on Saturday. \o/

vladgd:

Local convenience store had these, picked em up to try em not expecting too much heat wise.

Not disappointed, 3-4 chips in, had to stop. Quite impressive amount of heat these things put off, comparable to a ghost pepper hot sauce. Recommended from me, will be buying more next time I am at that shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version