Author Topic: The Thread of Extreme Happiness  (Read 26680 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: The Thread of Extreme Happiness
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »
And I'm done my job. Well, my last official day is the 27th, but I took this week off with my last week of holidays. Now I just gotta figure out money. I'm relatively debt free (car loan, but that's it), haven't taken any OSAP, and should be able to apply for various grants and whatnot. And at some point I'm supposed to get 10k in inheritance from my grandmother, but I have absolutely no clue when that's gonna show up. So I'm not fucked, but I still don't have a complete solution. Still, I'm happy to be out of that hellhole.

Congrats, and best of luck!

So yeah, I'm spending more than I initially intended to, but the world justified me getting the house I really wanted. 

Oh wow, that's a bit of a rollercoaster ride, haha. Sucks that you have to pay a bit more than you were expecting, but at least you didn't get hung out to dry for once (and you get an upgrade as well!). Considering what happened to the housing market over the past year, it sounds like you ended up making out in the long run.

And hey, in my experience it's better to have too much space than not enough. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2021, 01:00:43 AM »
Never in my life did I ever think I wouldn't hyperventilate at the thought of "only paying another $20k."
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2021, 05:23:43 AM »
Long term loans definitely have their perks! :o

I'm working on planning out my next financial year myself, actually. Going to be taking on a house payment fairly soon, and I'm trying to work out exactly what I'm going to do when my car lease runs its course.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2021, 02:52:23 PM »
Well, I can't rightfully say I'm extremely happy, but I have quit my job, and am about to start going back to college for computer programming. Still havent worked out money, but I couldn't stand working in that shithole any longer.

It's a good thing I took my last week off. The 27th was my last day, but I took that week off since I had (finally) gotten my extra week for being there 5 years (only took me 6 years thanks to starting out at a bad time of the year.) Originally I wasn't sure what I was gonna do with it, but a co-worker gave me a heads up that he had a day off and they were probably gonna ask me to fill in for him (in my own home department at that.) I was pissed, because it should be the supervisor's job to let me know. Technically that's a shift change, because my start and end times differ from when I was stuck working in the press room. So when I confronted the SV about why I was only getting a heads up from my co-worker (they obviously knew he'd be off for a while), the SV just gave me a "well, I didn't see it anywhere in my emails", and fucked off. After that I decided I needed to move my last day ahead and took the final week off. Well on the 20th, I found out that they were laying a bunch of people off, and most of those who were kept on (which would have included me) were being sent to the other plant to rack parts for plating. I had vowed that if they tried to send me there I'd walk out. So by taking that week off I saved myself the trouble of telling them to go fuck themselves and that I wouldn't be racking their fucking parts ever again.

So, I'm happy to be out of there, but I'm still kinda anxious about the whole situation, since like I said, I haven't completely figured out finances yet. I'm likely gonna end up taking OSAP student loans.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2021, 02:08:28 PM »
I has a house. :o

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2021, 11:29:18 PM »
Can we have a party in it?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
I do have a fairly usable living room, so...yes!

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2021, 11:13:46 PM »
Yahoo!  :D