Author Topic: The Thread of Excessive Rage  (Read 20233 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Re: The Thread of Excessive Rage
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 09:06:24 PM »
Absolute bullshit, cops go on with.

Long story short, went out to have drinks with some friends, had a DD (Designated driver) and someone wanted me to demo my stereo. (Which I'm more than happy to do, cause I take pride in my car audio)
Showed the system, owner of the pub didn't like it and called the cops. Cops came, and told me to take a breathalyzer. Of course I wont pass it, because I'm at a fucking bar, drinking with friends and I have a DD. They claim it as "Because I was sitting in the front seat of my car (While giving a demo of my stereo), they consider it a DUI. Yet...My car is parked, in a parking lot, without the engine running, while I demo my stereo.
So, went through court bullshit, judge saw how bullshit the charges were and withdrew everything. Dumbest part. I still had to pay the $500 for impound fees, and 800 fucking dollars to reinstate my license. For something I DIDN'T FUCKING DO. Absolute fucking bullshit. The laws and the judicial system are absolutely fucked. I tried for WEEKS to fix everything and prove to them I shouldn't  be penalized for something I didn't do, but alas, I still had to pay $1200 to get my license and driving privileges  back, for a crime I didn't commit. All because the cop wanted to pull a heavy on me and be a piece of shit. Fuck this country and these stupid fucking "laws". Nothing more than a cash grab. Beyond annoying.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
Absolute bullshit, cops go on with.

Long story short, went out to have drinks with some friends, had a DD (Designated driver) and someone wanted me to demo my stereo. (Which I'm more than happy to do, cause I take pride in my car audio)
Showed the system, owner of the pub didn't like it and called the cops. Cops came, and told me to take a breathalyzer. Of course I wont pass it, because I'm at a fucking bar, drinking with friends and I have a DD. They claim it as "Because I was sitting in the front seat of my car (While giving a demo of my stereo), they consider it a DUI. Yet...My car is parked, in a parking lot, without the engine running, while I demo my stereo.
So, went through court bullshit, judge saw how bullshit the charges were and withdrew everything. Dumbest part. I still had to pay the $500 for impound fees, and 800 fucking dollars to reinstate my license. For something I DIDN'T FUCKING DO. Absolute fucking bullshit. The laws and the judicial system are absolutely fucked. I tried for WEEKS to fix everything and prove to them I shouldn't  be penalized for something I didn't do, but alas, I still had to pay $1200 to get my license and driving privileges  back, for a crime I didn't commit. All because the cop wanted to pull a heavy on me and be a piece of shit. Fuck this country and these stupid fucking "laws". Nothing more than a cash grab. Beyond annoying.

That is horrible. What a piece of shit. Our local news here in Altanta broke a story on a cop who pulls similar bullshit that despite being innocent cost citizens time and money. Like when they destroyed this guys home to get a shoplifter and the resident got zero assistance for the damage. It's disgusting.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »
Absolutely fucking ridiculous. How fucking retarded has this world become. Seriously.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »
Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to "tragedy" I've lost this year, a bunch of people I know have lost this year, employees dropping like flies to covid, it's kinda normal now.

I even got it good, but even knowing that, I'm losing sanity by the week. Figure it shouldn't be much to iunno...go out and hang with people, but it just isn't a thing anymore.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 05:15:53 PM »
Little late to the "party" but I've been seeing more about this recent news.

RIP DOOM, 2 of my top 5 rappers are now deceased. Nobody is even close to sounding remotely similar to this guy, he's as original as it comes. Big blow to great rap music. Madvillain is probably the greatest album ever made, and I think I listened to it on loop over and over doing multiple 40+ hour gaming sessions being the first person in my guild to hit level 70 in WoW TBC. So much so that when I think the burning crusade, I can't escape this album, they go hand in hand to me.

The man was true to character, as he would send in DOOM bots to play live shows for him, while scummy, it's really honest to the character. Let's also not forget the man before he turned into a supervillain. (kid in the red hoodie is DOOM)

Last time I was affected this much from a "celebrity" death was when Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb/Gamespot fame passed. Im not usually phased by this kind of news, but this one is a real downer for me. One more fuck you from 2020.

Just remember all caps when you spell the man name

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 12:46:01 PM »
Kinda getting tired of people only bothering to message me when they need something.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 02:18:26 PM »
Kinda getting tired of people only bothering to message me when they need something.

Depends on who it is. If it's very close personal friends or family, yeah. If it's anything less than my expectations have already been removed. To be fair you're a really smart son of a bitch with a lot of answers.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
Get home from long shift, turn on pc, windows wants to update, it takes a long time, windows finally updates.

Internet doesn't work. Internet is working, phone is able to use internet, switch, ps4, tv, all can use internet. PC says it is connected, says I have internet, I can ping google and get a response...steam/discord/any internet browser/twitch ALL ACT LIKE I HAVE NO INTERNET.

4 hours of troubleshooting later, no solutions work.

Next day, REINSTALL WINDOWS AGAIN NUKE SSD, hey, internet works on my pc again...make me think of alternatives to using a pc. Fuck windows. Im sure its great if you know what the hell you're doing on a pc, but as some random idiot who just wants to use firefox/discord/steam and not much else, it's annoying.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 09:43:06 PM »
Yeah, Windows is one of the driving forces behind me buying Macs as productivity boxes. There isn't as much of a selection in hardware (I'd love it if they brought back the chonky MacBooks), but I find them generally more pleasant to use than the alternative and still plenty powerful in their own right (they're still UNIX boxes, after all).

Linux is also becoming a great alternative if you want something you can throw on your existing hardware, or don't want to pay the Apple tax. I'm still not crazy about it as a games OS (there's a lot of technical hurdles that make it less than ideal, even for natively supported games), but it generally just gets the hell out of the way and lets me work. Lately I've been preferring Arch Linux with KDE Plasma as my desktop environment of choice, but prior to switching to that I was using Kubuntu on my work PC and Gentoo on my home systems.

Kubuntu is a fantastic choice if you want to try something that's functionally similar to Windows (albeit significantly more flexible) with fantastic developer support behind it.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2021, 04:44:45 PM »
Every time windows be windows, I am one step closer to investing a weekend in seeing whats on the other side of the river in linux land. Even tempted to look into mac...but those machines are expensive and locked down, I enjoy picking my own components for my machine with the ability to upgrade at my leisure. Not to mention I am a pretty light user, literally just firefox, discord, twitch, steam, and a media player, not much else for everyday use. EVEN AT THAT, I went a few years without a pc just using the ps4 for youtube and my phone to browse, and I was more or less fine for anything that didn't require typing the amount of text I have in this post. The less my operating system annoys the shit out of me, the better, but I also enjoy knowing any given thing I want to do will work on my machine.

Just random issues I was not having before I had to wipe my machine that I have to fix now. Why do 1/5 youtube videos I watch have no volume, even though my mixer shows there is audio...well a rare issue that google helped fix. Well now firefox aint showing twitch streams via my fighting game chat website. "firefox can't open this page", well it fucking did before I was forced to reinstall my OS. I would call it a firefox problem, but reinstalling windows to fix one problem, opened this one up. *edit* shit is blocked with opera browser as well, odd.

And in the few hours on my time off being on my pc, I had two fucking windows updates, just stop. I don't know if my pc will be functional after any updates, so it's annoying as is.

So how's this linux stuff work anyway? Do some research on the 20,000 different variants and pick one? Then try using that for my every day use, and when I want to play a game or something, boot up windows somehow and run my games via that?  Kinda thinking about getting one of those new raspberry pi 400's to muck about with linux away from my main desktop pc, so if I don't like something I can just wipe everything and try again without my main machine being affected. Not sure if great idea or not though, but I have been looking for reasons to buy one (they look cool but I don't really "need" one).

I was always curious how people pick and choose what flavor of linux to use, in my head installing an OS is annoying as is, so to get one, use it, then get another, try that, seems like a lot of time investment.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:21:42 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 10:47:04 PM »
Sometimes it's just best to separate the two. I ended up investing in a Thunderbolt dock, so whenever I want to get shit done I just plug in my MacBook and my Mac becomes a functional desktop system. When I want to play games, I just swap over to my Windows box. Not all Macs are super expensive, with the Mini and Air being fairly affordable options (mini-desktop and ultrabook, respectively), and the new Apple M1 CPU absolutely thrashes most of the Intel options on the market (while the GPU won't compare, the CPU in a $700 Mac Mini is likely to be quite a bit more powerful than what's in your gaming rig, crazily enough).

Audio in Windows is a complete disaster. One thing that I've found that can help is disabling playback devices that you don't intend to use so that it doesn't randomly bounce to something that won't output any audio. On top of that, routing is sort of hit or miss, with some applications refusing to go to a different source until you close and reopen them. The biggest issue I have is that sometimes Windows will refuse to list my VR headset in the audio options, forcing me to go into the old Windows 7 sound control panel just to get the system to realize that the audio device is there. It's absolute lunacy.

Generally speaking, you'll want to stick with the popular distros if you don't have much background knowledge going in, as those tend to be better supported and are easier to install. That generally translates to one of the Ubuntu variants. Ubuntu (with the GNOME desktop) and Kubuntu (with the KDE Plasma desktop) are the two you'll want to focus on, methinks. I find that KDE's interface is a bit easier to slide into when you're coming from Windows, so I'd recommend starting with Kubuntu. I should also point out that the choice of desktop environment does not impact the applications that will be available. If someone recommends a piece of software in Ubuntu, you can easily use it in Kubuntu without any issues. Similarly, if a developer provides a package for Ubuntu, that package will work equally well in its variants.

The Raspberry Pi 400 is a good platform for tinkering, but one potential issue is that the UI is pretty distinct in order to cater to the platform's paltry hardware acceleration. Most desktop distros use something like GNOME or Plasma, and while you can run those on the Pi they tend to be a bit too heavy for it. If you just want to learn Linux itself, however, it's a pretty solid choice, and since it's based on the same system that Ubuntu is based on (Debian) a lot of command line stuff will translate over.

As far as how to pick the distro, you basically have to know enough to understand your needs and look into the distro's feature set and other unique utilities (package managers, mostly). Having a spare box to experiment with helps. Generally speaking, each distro is catered to a specific need. Arch caters to people who want bleeding edge software, Gentoo caters to people who want the ultimate flexibility and don't mind having to compile the source, Red Hat Enterprise is catered toward businesses who don't mind paying for support, while Ubuntu is catered toward the average Joe (not to say that it isn't powerful, but it's not exactly specialized). Honestly, unless you're unsatisfied with a particular aspect of a given distro, there's no reason to move from it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2021, 03:59:37 AM »
You can also add or remove whatever you want once you've picked your distro and have gotten a bit more comfortable with Linux, giving you even less reason to fully change to a different one.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
It's really cute when Windows randomly "forgets" file associations. Pretty sure I had to tell it to open FLACs in MPC-HC at least three times in 2021 alone.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »
Think I may have been scammed.

USPS change of address, because I didn't know I needed to change it at more than the SoS office...but doing it on my phone in a hurry after work may have gotten redirected to a different website. USPS charges $1.05, and I was charged $79.50...

It's sunday so everything is closed, so I'm thinking, call USPS first thing tomorrow to see how bad I fucked up, then my bank, and from those two calls we'll see if I need to call the police.

It's all because of these damn stimulus checks, and they're going to the wrong house over and over, and I just now find out that changing your address at the secretary of state doesn't mean anything do it through USPS too. This is all dumb.

FUN!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2021, 10:28:54 PM »
Jeez. Hope you're able to get that sorted out. :(