Author Topic: The Thread of Excessive Rage  (Read 20227 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: The Thread of Excessive Rage
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:39 PM »
Called the scam and fraud branch of usps, all they said was call my bank to get the charge taken care of. I asked if I should be worried about my card/information and they said "not really".

Didn't really give me much confidence, but, whatever. Bank can't deal with the charge until it goes through, as it's currently pending. It aint like they got my social security number or anything, so whatever.

Went from stressed to annoyed, so it's better than nothing.

*edit*

Woke up to seeing the pending payment did not go through. I think everything is alright now maybe? Either way, something happened in my favor.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:22:26 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 07:56:54 PM »
Being disrespected by a person who does less than 20% the work you do, for not working even more...

My peachy day has been upset.

*edit*

truncated because I am letting this incident get to me more than it should. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, how well you avoid conflict, sometimes it just finds you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:23:31 PM by vladgd »

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 02:24:17 AM »
I'm 99% certain this is merely a temporary setback, but I am absolutely *livid* with my township right now.  They're saying I can't build my house, because there's a rule that says you can't have two houses on the same parcel of land.

The parcel of land I have is connected to my parent's property.  That's all.  Like, if you look at the property assessment website, you can see that not only are they two different pieces of land, THEY ARE LITERALLY ON TWO DIFFERENT STREETS.

I'm reasonably confident that it won't take much for me to clear this up with them, but ugh. 
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2021, 03:15:46 PM »
Yay, bureaucracy. :/

Best of luck getting that sorted out. :(
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 09:57:10 PM »
Damn, that's dumb as hell.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 10:00:58 PM »
Ok, so that's sorted out.  They recognize that we've got two different properties now.

NOW the problem is that our entire area got re-zoned years ago, and our property is now considered Residential-3 zoning, which means single-family homes cannot be built on the property.

I'm seriously going to fucking cry.  All these hopes and plans I had are going down the drain.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2021, 07:21:55 PM »
I got mass effect legendary edition, because as a raging mass effect fan and the only person who didn't hate andromeda, I had to buy it.

Looks great, runs great it's good ole vanilla mass effect 1 in a better engine!...cept it's...not...

Websites list changes, and the important ones are under one little bullshit sized bullet point

-Some abilities have been rebalances

WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SO PEOPLE CAN MAYBE...PICK A DIFFERENT CLASS INSTEAD OF WASTING A BUNCH OF TIME

I play soldier in ME1, shotguns with mods to weapon force to ragdoll everything I see, while using the immunity skill and health regen to tank my way on even the highest difficulty. Built correctly, and going with the commando subclass later in the game, you can have a 95% immunity uptime, and it's super fun.

Now it's duration went from like 10 up to 20+ seconds, to a static 6...6 seconds for all ranks.

I could play the original on pc which I own, but uhh, I originally played on the xbox 360, and I vastly prefer gamepad which is unsupported on the original, and IS on the legendary edition.

Basically this sucks, mass effect 1 is one of those games that I could call my favorite all time game ever, and being forced to play differently is just kinda bullshit. Reminds me of blizzard, or george lucas...

Yo I get changing the game balance, original game was pretty jank, but at least have a classic balance option available. Don't nerf shit in a SINGLE PLAYER RPG, guys, jeez.

*edit*

I am actually upset to the point where I requested a refund, HOPEFULLY it goes through. I own mass effect 1 2 and 3, already on xbox 360 AND pc, I do not need an inferior version of a trilogy I would rather play on older hardware.

*edit*

no refund, played 4 hours which is too much. I remain angry.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:45:11 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2021, 09:59:02 AM »
NOW the problem is that our entire area got re-zoned years ago, and our property is now considered Residential-3 zoning, which means single-family homes cannot be built on the property.

I'm seriously going to fucking cry.  All these hopes and plans I had are going down the drain.

WTF. :/

Any sort of loophole you can take advantage of to get around that?

mass effect legendary edition being brought up in this thread of all places

Goddammit, EA.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2021, 08:38:26 PM »
To iterate, it's not a bad "remaster" but the whole "nerfing skills in an OLD single player game" is kind of...anti fun? No idea what they did to 2, and 3, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. To play devils advocate, when the enemies use the "immunity" skill, it's nerfed for them too. In vanilla ME1, when they pop that thing and their health bar goes white, they are basically unkillable till it goes away...but it's really only an issue on the "insanity" difficulty, in which, it should be hard since it's the hardest difficulty.

Either way I ditched the soldier for infiltrator, playing insanity, so far it's been smooth. Kinda paranoid now though, I played sentinel for my insanity run in mass effect 2, curious if that class got nerfed because I happen to have found success with it on the hardest difficulty in that game.

I need to run over a list of balance changes, which should be in game somewhere(but isn't), because having a character build around one skill working a certain way, for it not to work that way anymore kinda sucks.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 11:39:53 PM »
WTF. :/

Any sort of loophole you can take advantage of to get around that?

We're going to talk with the zoning board and whomever else they recommend we meet up with.  The small bit of bright news is that it turns out that the father of a good friend of mine is on the zoning board, so maybe he'll be able to help us convince them that nobody in their right mind is going to build a condominium on that property, and to just let me put my damn house there.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2021, 09:26:00 PM »
To iterate, it's not a bad "remaster" but the whole "nerfing skills in an OLD single player game" is kind of...anti fun? No idea what they did to 2, and 3, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. To play devils advocate, when the enemies use the "immunity" skill, it's nerfed for them too. In vanilla ME1, when they pop that thing and their health bar goes white, they are basically unkillable till it goes away...but it's really only an issue on the "insanity" difficulty, in which, it should be hard since it's the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, I kinda don't get why they'd mess with people's muscle memory. I get nerfing enemy skills to make the game more fun (because honestly, immunity was just plain annoying at lower difficulties) but it seems weird to do a global nerf like that.

From what I understand they left the balance of ME2/ME3 alone, so I imagine those should be similar, if not the same?

On one hand I'm tempted to pick it up to see muh dextro-bro in HD, but then I remember ME3's ending. Ugh. Maybe I'll just play up to the ending section and make up my own ending.

We're going to talk with the zoning board and whomever else they recommend we meet up with.  The small bit of bright news is that it turns out that the father of a good friend of mine is on the zoning board, so maybe he'll be able to help us convince them that nobody in their right mind is going to build a condominium on that property, and to just let me put my damn house there.

Best of luck to you! If I'm remembering your property correctly, I don't even see how you could comfortably put a family home on that plot (though considering the homes I've seen pop up in my area, that doesn't seem to stop them from trying...).

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
Welp, some progress has been made.  My dad went to the magistrate (he still owns the property) and basically told them in a polite manner "Hey, this zoning here is stupid.  I want to put a house here."

Aaaand everyone on the township boards agreed that the zoning is weird, and they see no good reason (other than the glaringly obvious legal reason) that he shouldn't be able to put a house on his property.  They all agree that we should be given a variance.

So now, some guy on the board is going to help us get this variance, as it's apparently above them.  We now have to make a case explaining why we think no actual business is going to want to come in and develop the land.  Guy thinks it should be pretty easy to do, seeing as there are eighteen single-family homes all in the same R3 plot (also, oddly enough, the apartment building I'm currently living in a good mile up the hill), it's a relatively small parcel of land, and nobody in their right mind is going to want to build anything else there.

So yay, less ragey.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »
I'm guessing it was probably some sort of overly-broad zoning change that shouldn't have affected that street. I mean, why use a scalpel when a chainsaw will do?

Glad to hear that some progress is being made. Stuff like that honestly makes my head spin.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2021, 11:37:39 PM »
I'm thinking either that, or there was some plan to buy all 19 of us out and stick some cheap condos or an apartment building on all our land.

Either way, I'm pretty irritated.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2021, 12:58:31 AM »
The more I read about Windows 11 the more I want game companies to start targeting Linux.