The Chatterbox > Random Chat

You fucks are getting old

(1/3) > >>

Zephlar:
What's the best and worst thing about being middle aged now?

vladgd:
Well I'll be 33 this month, have several greys in my eyebrows, old enough to be called an old man by a teenager.

Best part, more maturity/mentally sound.

Worst part, everything else. Besides life experience and learning from past fuckups, I see no benefits in aging aside from it being inevitable.

SUX M8

Spectere:
I think the only negative point in my case is the hair loss, but meh. Whatever. I'm honestly less bothered about that than my dad is for some reason. Honestly, it would be nice if it all sort of fell out so that I didn't have to deal with it, but unfortunately that's not how it works. I also notice that the front of my beard is a bit lighter, though I can't tell if it's greying or, uh, blonding (until he started greying my dad's facial hair was always lighter than his hair color, so either is possible really). Either way, I actually like the way it looks.

Mentally, I feel sharper and more focused at 36 than I did in my mid/late-20s, but I suspect that's more due to getting past severe situational depression more than anything else. I've largely gotten over my old self-defeating "meh, I'll never be able to do this" mentality and just started doing stuff. The biggest problem now is finding the time to do all of this stuff.

I could probably be doing better physically, but that's not due to any underlying health issues. I can still pull off fairly intense Beat Saber and Pistol Whip sessions, though I'd really like to clear out some space for a DDR pad to round everything out. I was able to do 12s in ITG as late as 2018 (that being the last time I had easy access to a cab) so I'd say that's pretty good.

So, eh, no real complaints here. I'm sure I'll have some at 46, but for now everything's fine. :P

Zephlar:
Do you guys find you have less friends now? I have developed a bit of misanthropy and typically keep new people at a distance, which is the opposite of how I used to be. Happy with the friendships I have established but don't care for the leg work required to develop something new.

Spectere:
Yeah, either from gradually growing apart from someone or by excising toxic people from my life.

My main difficulty when it comes to finding friends has been finding people who give even a fraction of what they take, but that's not exactly uncommon. My dad deals with the same crap at 66.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version