The Chatterbox > Computing

Got a Laptop

(1/3) > >>

vladgd:
Kinda wanted to post this in the happy thread, but also in the rage thread...so I'll make a topic because I'm kinda new to laptops and whatnot.

I purchased one of these.

For the most part from what I've used setting it up and getting things on it, it's perfectly functional...but out of the box it looks like a hairline fracture horizontally across the center of the monitor. Not an issue using the hdmi and a second display, however, I got a laptop to be mobile, a 50 inch 4k display is NOT mobile, and spending over $1500usd on a new product for it to have it be defect...not pleased. I have god awful luck with displays I swear. My last tv I bought back in november had 25% of the screen as dead pixels, and that isn't the only new monitor I have purchased with that problem.

Apparently it's still under warranty with Lenovo...I mean I JUST got it new...so I registered the product through their thing and sent in a ticket, 1-3 business days and I'll have an email...hopefully. I mean it works, the 144hz display really shows in comparison to the big tv I am currently running it on, so it does look good, and the fracture is so small you can hardly notice it...but it's still defect, and I want it fixed.

Not opening a thread only to complain, when I get it out of my house to my gf's place, I may need some gear to get setup comfortable over there. Laptop stand, new keyboard/mouse whatever laptop stuff. Not impulse buying anything till I know what I'll need over there. I had just payed for a month of WoW to dick around with TBC Classic, but whenever this customer service email shows up I'll probably end up not seeing this machine till that month is expired...great.

Spectere:
Congrats! Looks like a pretty solid little gaming box. It looks like they actually bothered to put a decent cooler on it, which is nice to see in light of all the "gaming ultrabooks" (ugh) that have been coming out in the past few years.

And yeah, definitely keep pushing to get that sucker fixed. It's hard to say how big of an impact that'll have without seeing it in person, but at best it's an annoying cosmetic defect and at worst (like if the fracture is on the panel itself) it's a ticking timebomb.

Bobbias:
I am both envious, and relieved I'm not the one dealing with that issue. On the one hand, you got more gaming PC than I have in my full tower for like half the price (well ok, not exactly, I'm not counting exchange rates in that). But yeah, that crack would have driven me mad.

vladgd:
Like the crack/tear/whatever it is IS very minor, can BARELY see it in games, but I want it gone.

Lenovo did contact me on Friday...not via email, but phone call...while I was at work. I asked them to email/text me or whatever, they said they'd email me immediately after the call...I have not received ANY emails thus far.

So tomorrow morning I will contact them and try and get this thing sent out to replace this screen. It's a nice machine but yknow, very annoyed that it came to me with this blemish. I haven't really been on it that much because if I'm sending it out within the week I don't want to be in the middle of anything...

This is more of a "to be continued" and a way to play around with the laptops keyboard, which for a laptop keyboard, is very acceptable. So yeah, tomorrow customer support and hopefully I can send this sucker out, but given my current experience with them, it'll probably be more complicated than what I expect it'll be. PLEASE CONTACT ME WHEN I AM AT HOME WITH THE MACHINE, AT WORK WHEN IT'S BUSY IS A BAD TIME!

Spectere:
Sheesh, that's giving me flashbacks of when I did computer repair. One of the services that people would legit pay us for is dealing with their PC's hardware support. :/

Have you tried just getting a replacement through Amazon? Their process is fairly streamlined in my experience, and it would probably be a lot faster and easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version