Author Topic: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)  (Read 215313 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
Poking around youtube and such...I found this person named Ephixa.  He or she does hardcore, dubstep and trancey things.  Best this the music is either free to download (though you can make a donation which I recommend you do) or it a low price value ranging from $1-$5

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:20 AM »
Looking for recommendations again, but this time for specific albums. Any good Mastodon or Gojira albums I should look into?

Also is Children of Bodom's new album worth anything? My friend said it was cool so I'm trusting him.

Oh, and how could I forget, some music

Fucking amazing Mastodon music video involving puppets

Really catchy Gojira song, really digging it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:55:10 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 17, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
Alright then, really addicted to Gojira. I've listened to their second two albums (I'm assuming) non stop, and I keep forgetting I recently acquired other albums as well.

I just wanted to ask, anyone have any recommendable Cake or the Cardigans albums? I've been reading reddit and I get this feeling like I still need to drastically expand my range of music. Also I'm going to look into Elton Jon and David Bowie, since I feel like anything from them would work well.

Also does anyone here listen to Cloudkicker? A friend of mine showed me them and I'm kind of digging it.

also this song is really good.

&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:17:08 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
Tim Exile, Family Galaxy. IDM or something like it. The lyrics are definitely the weak point of this song and I'd be completely okay with an instrumental. That said, it plays around with the beat patterns of the song and it's incredibly interesting as a result.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
Toe - CUTDVD

They're a Japanese post-rock band with an amazing drummer. The video's a 2-hour long show.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

My sister picked me up this album and it's pretty mellow compared to this track. Really digging it though, plus the guy is goddamn awesome at guitar.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 23, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Some random music videos, really digging this new lamb of god song, and the music video is cool.

Also this song is pretty catchy and depressing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #682 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
Coldcut is awesome. In fact, pretty much anyone on ninjatune is a total boss.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 31, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »
Some more shit, someone just posted this on facebook and I'm really glad I gave it an honest listen.

&feature=related

Her songs are pretty simple, but I'm a HUGE sucker for female singers like her.

Also she did a pretty cool cover of where's my mind.

&feature=related

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #684 on: February 07, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »

My sister picked me up this album and it's pretty mellow compared to this track. Really digging it though, plus the guy is goddamn awesome at guitar.

I've seen Animals as Leaders live once; Tosin Abasi is an incredible guitarist. Check out a song that's just a long solo of his, called Wave of Babies:

Lately (past year or so) i've really gotten into shoegaze. The song that got me into the genre was Slowdive's "Souvlaki Space Station" (1993)... the song is incredible to say the least (mesmerizing, mind-altering etc).

Other great shoegaze artists other than Slowdive I've found are Lush, Moose, Pale Saints, Chapterhouse... and Kitchens of Distinction to an extent. Anyone else listen to Shoegaze? My Bloody Valentine is shoegaze too but I only happen to like one of their songs (You Made Me Realize)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 07, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »
This Town Needs Guns. Straight math rock, awesome instrumentals.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »
I've seen Animals as Leaders live once; Tosin Abasi is an incredible guitarist. Check out a song that's just a long solo of his, called Wave of Babies:

Yeah, he really blows my mind.

Also I swear I've heard of This town needs guns before. Also this slowdrive almost reminds me of Yes for some reason.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how catchy POS is

I never understood how "club" rap became more popular then this. and another Emmy the great song that I really like.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:12:43 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2012, 02:01:31 AM »
Yeah, he really blows my mind.

Also I swear I've heard of This town needs guns before. Also this slowdrive almost reminds me of Yes for some reason.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how catchy POS is

I never understood how "club" rap became more popular then this. and another Emmy the great song that I really like.

Not to be an asshole, but people go to clubs to dance/hook up/have fun, and club rap caters to exactly that, and practically everyone goes to clubs these days. Personally I hate it, and I've only ever gone to appease friends. I mean, when I'm drunk as fuck I don't mind as much, and I kinda like some of the sound systems, but they never play music I like (or at least I've never been to a club when it was playing music I'd like).

Plus, stuff like POS is to intelligent for people. If you can't hear lyrics that make sense to someone drunk/high as fuck that can hardly understand anything more than a 4 letter word, it won't be hugely popular in clubs.... Sad that things have turned to this, but I can't help but think that eventually things will get better... If not, I might have to orchestrate the downfall of whatever is driving the music industry in the 2040's :P
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »
I find it funny how you say "not to be a dick" and then go on to coherently explain yourself properly in a coherent and completely reasonable way. Damn Canadians.

but yeah, I agree. Typically music played in clubs is whatever decently popular song that has a catchy, really basic dance beat. I can stand it, but when people listen to mostly that music. It already gets played far too often.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
God damn it, post shit so I can browse your musical tastes.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I found some pretty awesome stuff.

The piano in this is crazy and it's stupidly catchy.

I also find this catchy, it reminds me of Mindless self indulgences beats but done better

&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:25:39 PM by MortifiedocAlot »