Author Topic: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)  (Read 215294 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
65daysofstatic has got to be the best band I've found since I last posted here. I have a massive boner for post-rock these days :(

I'm really starting to like them. I need more upbeat, faster music that isn't metal because I'm getting somewhat tired of listening to it. Also I was told to check out He is Legend, but I'm not really into punk.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »
Green Day's new album, GET
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
&feature=related

good, save for funk master flex being annoying in the beginning 

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:43 AM »
It's like all I've been listening to for the past six months. I swear to god the Distant and Mechanized Glow of Eastern European Dance Parties EP is like the greatest thing ever.

Actually, all of their EP's are really good. If you can find it, I highly, highly recommend tracking down the Unreleased/Unreleasable compilations, they're great.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Man, 65daysofstatic really does kick ass. I heard Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here in a stepmania pack. I played it immediately, partly because the sample music was cool, and partly because of all the mention of them on here. They're like taking the subdued sensibilities of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, mixing it with Dillinger Escape Plan, and adding a bit of Venetian Snares.

I downloaded their discography, including RMXSCEE, Unreleased Unreleasables, and B-sides and Rarities, as well as Live at Maida Vale and their singles and EPs... I'd say it's a pretty comprehensive discography.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2009, 02:02:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure One Time for All Time is one of the greatest albums ever. If a zombie apocalypse ever happens IRL, that album will be its soundtrack. Radio Protector is such a good song it's not even funny.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
I think you mean you LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRED their album Boobies.

Also I'm really liking this Arsis CD. Overthrown and My Oath to Madness are fucking awesome songs.

Also also wuts a good 65daysofstatic album?

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2009, 08:44:04 PM »
One Time for All Time is their best, but their other two are good as well. You really can't go wrong downloading any of their stuff.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »
I think you mean you LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRED their album Boobies.

Also I'm really liking this Arsis CD. Overthrown and My Oath to Madness are fucking awesome songs.

Also also wuts a good 65daysofstatic album?

Damn, good point.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2009, 02:53:40 AM »
im attempting to do the impossible, figure out a top 5 songs list. i got 4.

Gigi D'Agostino- l'amour toujours

tiesto- forever today

ultrabeat- feel it with me

ultrabeat- feel it with me (Breeze & Styles Remix)  superior mix that i originally heard WAY back when in that there WoW, back when bwl was cool.  it was a nefarian kill video from a dominate guild (nightmares asylum) on my server, and this song was playing.  took me about two years to hunt down the mp3, but fuck, it's fantastic.

sonique/tomcraft- another world

no order, save for forever today.  reason being it's the best sounding arrangement of sounds my ears have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, by far.  if my ears could climax, the earth would be flooded with ear semen.

i know i like other genres and whatnot, but fuck, the elite stuff to me, seems to be all trancey.

*edit*

not in the list, but fuck, the song + video = GOOD

&feature=related

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:10:19 PM by vladgd »

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2009, 04:02:52 AM »
To all concerned people:

The new Dream Theater album, Black Clouds and Silver Linings, leaked earlier today (yesterday).

Just listened to it and it's beyond godly. Go listen now- completely legitimately obtain a copy =)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

K-Mann

« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »
Lately I've been getting into a ton of m1dy. He's really handy to have around if you feel unhappy. It just makes you laugh it off. Or anger it off. But anger is better than unhappy. And then if your angry, you listen to something like 'Basscadet' or 'Slip' by Autechre, and you're back into a good mood.

Also, I bought 'Major Tom' by Shiny Toy Guns off iTunes the other day and really enjoy it. Its a nice cover.

Also, Orange Dust, Pendulum, she music, Angina P., most of the 'Voices of the Lifestream' album, 65daysofstatic, Flashbulbs 'Soundtrack to a Vacant Life', L.E.D.'s Denjin K album (both discs because they are both amazing) and a ton others.

I really like electronic music.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 29, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »
To all concerned people:

The new Dream Theater album, Black Clouds and Silver Linings, leaked earlier today (yesterday).

Just listened to it and it's beyond godly. Go listen now- completely legitimately obtain a copy =)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »
So I started listening to Mos Def, and I downloaded Black star. I must say, thieves in the night is one of the best rap songs I've heard.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »
I'm looking for some classical music and opera to listen to.  I have Carmen by Georges Bizet and Der Ring Des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner.  I REALLY like Dmitri Shostakovich and Samuel Hazo, but have been having an ass of a time trying to find any torrents.  It has to be really EPIC and POWERFUL for me to enjoy, for the most part, otherwise it's boring.