Author Topic: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)  (Read 217379 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: The Music Discussion Thread (No Flaming!)
« Reply #540 on: March 26, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
I'm kinda the same way. If I remember or hear a song by an artist I'm not particularly into, but I know of a few songs of theirs, I'll just download their discography. I have about 120Gb of music and I haven't even heard half of it :D
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 26, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »
I try to avoid discographies (outside of Children of Bodom, shit's too good) but I'm generally the same way boobies. I just find myself listing to like the same 5 or so bands and I'm getting tiered of it.

That and I have just over 20 gigs of music, thought it'd be more.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 30, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »

double post, because I thoroughly enjoy this song.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »

I like this very much.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #544 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »
you know, listen to stuff long enough and it starts to grow on you.

two years ago?  nah.  now, ill go out of my way to listen to it.  you know, i would rather it be popular bad rap stuff than country/emo.  at least i can laugh at alot of the dumb chopped and screwed stuff.  like, save for when i put in my jamz, it's the same mp3 player, with the same rap songs...yeah...  but one time i brought in this merzbow album when i was opening...seriously had to gimp the volume because you can hear that shit at the front of the store even with the volume on low.  

that kind of makes me scared in a way, i used to like the whiny emo music back in middle/early high school...now i hate it...does that mean i will eventually like it again?  god i hope not.  though my past emo listening high school self would slap me for listening to the song in the youtube video and enjoying it, as i would slap him for listening to shit like papa roach.  

something to think about.  

probably wouldn't like this either, shit would be good night driving music.  

*SO I WAS MUCKING ABOUT FINDING SHIT TO BURN TO A CD TO PLAY AT WORK AND I FOUNDdddddddddddddd

rock the casbahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:44:50 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »
LMAO I remember when Arch posted this on a0.com. Cool song.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
New 65dos single is out, it's called Crash Tactics. I dig it, it sounds like they're keeping with the sound they were pursuing on the Distant and Mechanized... EP.

vladgd

« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »

so i looked up these people because of office space, and well, their name is funny.  geto boys, i mean, that's just silly. 

surprising to me, they have some good shit, and i may need to hunt down an album. 

been listening to a lot of rap recently, kneegrow!

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »
probably wouldn't like this either, shit would be good night driving music.  

Etro Anime is seriously one of the best electronic artists in a long time. As far as I know, they have been the only artist to actually create real lounge'n'bass.

- Danger, used in Digital Devil Saga. Fantastic song.

&feature=related - Portrait was voted best electronic song of 2002 by some major publication. Can't remember which.

- Purest One, just a really good song

Honestly, Liset Alea's voice is mesmerizing and everything they do is fantastic. Sadly, Alea left the group to do solo stuff and I'm not entirely sure Etro Anime ever got their second album out, or if they did it has such a small release as to be nonexistent. I know Alea's own album disappeared and has already been discontinued.

Either way, See the Sound is seriously one of my favorite albums of all time.

I've gotten back into Tub Ring for some reason. I haven't listened to their newest album yet but I'll get around to it.

Oddly enough, it's really hard to find clean youtube videos and not live ones of them but at least someone made a video of them playing my Alexander in Charge file so there's at least that haha

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »
Haha, yeah, tub ring is fun as hell to listen to.

And trust me, if you listen to di.fm/s drum  and bass channel long enough, you do get stuff close to lounge'n'bass. Not quite the same sounds as Etro Anime, but close. There is a bunch of atmospheric drum and bass on there, and some of it does have lyrics, and sounds pretty close. Mind you, that is a pretty rare subgenre of dnb, so it is pretty hard to find much of.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
The new 65daysofstatic and Crystal Castles albums leaked, they're both pretty fucking great. I really like the new 65 album, the guy from The Cure does guest vocals on one of the songs and it's really, really awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
Why have I never heard of crystal castles before? Experimental band from Ontario, and I haven't heard of them? Thats just not right.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 23, 2010, 12:16:42 AM »
I'll have to check that 65 days CD out then. Also I thought Crystal Castles was fairly popular?

but yeah, I've got some Guilty Gear X tracks and I'm so god damn happy now.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 23, 2010, 04:42:23 AM »
I've been listening to a shitton of Touhou remixes lately, but this one in particular stands out:

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 24, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »
text

That's a goddamn shame, they had a lot of good stuff.

Also Ulti, you wouldn't happen to have the name of that new 65 days album would you? So, anyone have an opinion about that new Gorillaz CD?