Author Topic: Good PS2 RPGs  (Read 10740 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Good PS2 RPGs
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 12:52:22 AM »
can anyone explain to me how Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be fun? Because it seems more like the most jumbled, scatterbrained, poorly organized game I've ever seen. Maybe one of the worst games I've ever played. Why is it popular?

DISNEY!

or

SQUARE!

IMO it's one of SQUARE's biggest mistakes as far as game making is concerned. It's refreshing to see someone else who doesn't like it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 02:03:07 AM »
I played the first Kingdom hearts and thought it was pretty meh. All magic seemed to be shooting some sort of element, you only get only use one button to do a "key" combo, and that gummi ship thing was retarded.

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 02:36:18 AM »
not only those two things you mentioned, the game element don't fit together. it's like there were 100 separate teams of designers that had no contact with eachother. also, the AI settings for goofy is fucking annoying. either he ALWAYS uses magic. or he never does.

also ALSO, the music in the beginning town sucks. i hate it so much. aaugh. the texturing in the whole game is crap, too. and the characters are like cardboard. all boring as shit and never say anything interesting.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 03:55:42 AM »
I haven't even played it enough to notice that. I've played it once, and thought the gameplay itself was kinda fun, but not enough to save it from the disney aspect. And the random use of final fantasy characters. I HATE when they do that. If a game has characters from other games, it either should be like those fighter games and such, or it should have a DAMN good way to pull them into the plot.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:12 AM »
I paid $8 and spent 40 hours of my time playing KH2. All to prove that I genuinely despise the series.

I could write an essay on how bad it is. ps it has more cutscenes than the entire xenosaga series

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 04:23:22 AM »
Wow, ouch.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Fractilion

• Amped
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 04:29:59 AM »
popularity of KH is simply an enigma. if you ask me, the fighting didnt even have much going for it. the combat is a total butcherization of Vagrant Story.

I even like to dream when asleep, and to try and recall my dreams: it assures me that I haven't wasted seven or eight hours just lying there.
   -Schrodinger's Cat

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 06:05:07 AM »
I barely got to fight much, lol. I just did the very opening stuff, and I've never played vagrant story. I wish I was more interested in gaming, but I find myself uninterested in just about every game ever made, and wishing a had a huge collection of oldschool RPGs and the systems so I could sit around and play SNES and Genesis all day, instead of all the newfangled systems :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 11:46:16 AM »
;-; I played the fuck out of both KH. I enjoyed them. When playing on hard, the optional battles are rather challenging. I beat KH2 Sephiroth at level 64 for fuck's sake. One hit from him auto-dropped me to 1HP. It took me hours to get a perfect run on him.

I want to try the JP ONRY version of it with all the special bosses. It looks hard as fuck.