Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465091 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #1005 on: February 22, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »
Haha, my computer's like that. I leave it on for weeks at a time.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
Oh yeah, and I finally grabbed onto a falcon in SoTC. Made my day.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1007 on: February 22, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
I just noticed it shows up as \\BOBBAS.. no idea why, lol.

Code: [Select]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

E:\Documents and Settings\Bobbias2.BOBBAS>uptime /s
Uptime Report for: \\BOBBAS

Current OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Uniprocessor Free.
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

System Events as of 2/22/2008 3:51:11 PM:

Date:      Time:        Event:               Comment:
---------- -----------  -------------------  -----------------------------------

Current System Uptime: 1 day(s), 7 hour(s), 33 minute(s), 34 second(s)

Notes:
There is insufficient data in the event log to calculate
system availability. Please see UPTIME /help for more detail.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1008 on: February 22, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
Haha, my computer's like that. I leave it on for weeks at a time.

Yeah, mine too. And no, I didn't get VIP tickets. We just got practically the best seats in the house. There's ten of us, and we're arranged like so:

o o o o o o
_ o o o o _

... in the front two rows, and dead center. That's better than all of us being in the same row, or obviously in two different, weird places. My friend's dad is a badass. June 1st is going to be the best day of my life. 45 bucks is NOT a lot to see my favorite band in person, not anywhere near a lot. I'd pay like 200 or 300 to see them, christ.

Oh also, don't know if I told you, but TMBG is coming here, March 11. About to buy tickets for me and my best friend, paying for his ticket as an early birthday present. That should kick major ass as well.

Edit: Also, tried Rock Band for the first time today. Tried singing first, we did a song I didn't know (don't remember its name) and then one I did know, Black Hole Sun, and I actually did pretty well. Singing is really, really fun... a lot more fun than the drums (which I blew at) and the guitar and bass, which seem stupidly easy in this game compared to GH3.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:36:58 PM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
I *love* doing drums in Rock Band.  I only played it once at Best Buy (sans foot pedal, naturally) and I enjoyed myself immensely.  I think I'm going to pick it up for 360 after I get back home; maybe I can convince my dad to play it with me. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1010 on: February 23, 2008, 12:33:59 AM »
Haha, you'd need to get a video of that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 23, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »
The guitar in Rock Band IS quite a bit easier than GH3 (well, Green Grass aside really and probably the upcoming thrash songs) but the charts actually make sense, unlike GH3's garbage. I swear, they totally gave up on even following the music in GH3. Chords where there shouldn't be chords, triples for no reason, following parts of songs they shouldn't, etc.

Rock Band's drums are very addictive but just watch out on the bass pedal. Try to play heel down and barely lift your foot and for the love of god, do not press too sharply. You WILL shatter that thing in half like I did. I actually just got a new bass pedal from them, which is odd because I was just supposed to get an empty box and then ship my old one back to them before they sent me a new one...so maybe they'll send me another one and I'll have two? That'd be nice. Of course, since my 360 red ringed, that doesn't really help me.

Singing in Rock Band is awesome because if you aren't horribly afraid of it, you're totally star of the party.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1012 on: February 23, 2008, 01:38:33 AM »
I'm lazy, so I'd likely be sitting down for the drums anyway.  I'm a light-footed player on DDR so I can't see myself being too aggressive with Rock Band.  I know I'd be able to get at least my youngest nephew to play.  If I could get my dad in, even better.  I kinda doubt I'd be able to find a singer, but oh well.

The RRoD situation sucks.  Are you still covered under Microsoft's warranty?

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1013 on: February 23, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
My friend got RRoD'd the day before Halo 3 came out. How balls is that?

Also, Spec, we still on for Gameworks tomorrow? Srsly this time, no work or other goofy plans >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 23, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »
I had the most insane, surreal nightmare last night. There was a mini-apocalypse, and I took some kind of drug or something, and I was with a friend of mine at another friend of mine's house, trying to collect supplies and stuff, and somehow, I became trapped inside a giant bowl of tomato and cheddar soup. Like, I became part soup or something, and my soup mixed with the bowl's soup, and our soups were woven together and I couldn't get out. Somehow I split into 3, it was me, a female me, and another male me, and they were both evil. They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 23, 2008, 02:09:01 PM »
haha thats crazy man.

I had a dream one time where me and my mom were in this big tower like saruman's from LOTR and we had to run down this spiral staircase fighting all this weird shit and every once in a while there would be a fuck-long hallway, way longer than the diameter of the tower with a bunch of doors and eventually we made it out and then i woke up. Weird part is, I've had the same dream twice, about 10 years apart ???

I also had a dream when I was really little that I was being kidnapped, but i was dreaming in a sepia color scheme so it was all brown like one of those old movies, and i was in the back of this car laying down so i couldn't see shit it was crazy as balls.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Kulli

« Reply #1016 on: February 23, 2008, 04:23:59 PM »

I've been thinking about selling all my console games since I don't play them. They do nothing but take up space, because all I do is play WoW. It seems like horrible foresight, but it's been like this for months, possibly a year, now.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
I'm lazy, so I'd likely be sitting down for the drums anyway.  I'm a light-footed player on DDR so I can't see myself being too aggressive with Rock Band.  I know I'd be able to get at least my youngest nephew to play.  If I could get my dad in, even better.  I kinda doubt I'd be able to find a singer, but oh well.

The RRoD situation sucks.  Are you still covered under Microsoft's warranty?

Yep! Getting it replaced is actually really easy and a lot like how Rock Band replacements are done. You just go to the xbox support page, enter the system's serial number, see if it's under warranty and if it is, click on what's wrong (it has RRoD) and request a box to ship it to them. I have no idea how long it'll take but I expect a month.

I do sit for Rock Band drums but some of those songs are very bass heavy and sometimes you lose yourself and don't remember to press lightly and then whoops. They aren't THAT fragile but it'll probably happen at some point.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 23, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
Quick question, where exactly should I put the power button wires into my motherboard/computer? I can't seem to find shit for them to insert into. I have an nForce680i LT SLI motherboard and an Antec case (it says P180/P180B/P182/P182SE on the cover of the manual), HALP.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:45:07 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1019 on: February 23, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »
Yep! Getting it replaced is actually really easy and a lot like how Rock Band replacements are done. You just go to the xbox support page, enter the system's serial number, see if it's under warranty and if it is, click on what's wrong (it has RRoD) and request a box to ship it to them. I have no idea how long it'll take but I expect a month.

Ah, okay.  That's good.

I hope mine waits until I get back to Maryland, that way I can at least use my friend's system, haha.  Of course, I'd rather it not happen at all, but that's about as likely as having a V4 PS2 with a working drive.

I do sit for Rock Band drums but some of those songs are very bass heavy and sometimes you lose yourself and don't remember to press lightly and then whoops. They aren't THAT fragile but it'll probably happen at some point.

Ah, understandable.  At least Harmonix is good about replacing the gear; if they weren't I wouldn't even consider buying it.