Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 480065 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #1155 on: March 04, 2008, 12:19:59 AM »
considering the only rts games i have ever played are

wc3
sc
ra2

yea, i can't say i have played a tiberium game.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »
So I'm jumping on the starcraft bandwagon. The only RTS I've played would be under the red alert series. So here goes nothin.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1157 on: March 04, 2008, 02:32:51 AM »
We should have IP games and such, since I can't get onto battle.net...

Oh, and I'm getting better. I did a double proxy gate in Blue Storm and managed to rush a computer zerg before they had anything other than a Hatchery, lol. I just finished placing a Nexus at the expo (right beside my double proxy) just before the game ended, lol.

Oh, and I managed to get into a late game with me as Toss vs a comp Terran, but I couldn't manage to mount any successful attacks aside from the occasional Reaver Drop, because the computer seemed to be in love with ghosts. How the hell do you counter ghosts with the Toss? I really hate those guys. Lockdown and Cloaking together is a gigantic pain. On the bright side, the computer is a moron when it comes to positioning nuke strikes.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1158 on: March 04, 2008, 04:57:03 AM »
if it makes you feel better, just about NOBODY uses ghosts/battlecruisers/valkrys

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1159 on: March 04, 2008, 05:30:18 AM »
Which were the 3 things most pissing me off in that game, not so much Battlecruisers, since my 3-4 carriers pwned them in firepower, but the ghosts and valkyries were a problem. Valks are pretty decent as AA, but the fact that they're only AA makes them useless in post games, but 1 valk could take out pretty much all the shields on one of my carriers before the carriers killed it :/

The computer does a lot of things most people don't. It likes to move units around in the area it controls in small groups or just single units. Unfortunately, when those are ghosts, and cal lockdown before you can kill it, a group of 12 dragoons can very quickly find itself reduced to half that, before even encountering one of the comp's expos.

I tried a non-rush game on BakemaGoji (or however it's spelled), and got beaten pretty bad by the Terran.  My early game has improved a lot, but my mid-game SUCKS. And my late game.. Well, I almost never get that far.

Man, I wish I'd kept my CD case safe... I hate having to pay more money just because I lost my CD key.

I should also get back into WC3. Maybe I'll be able to get better at that game. Unfortunately, I never got into playing normal games in SC or WC3 before. I always played custom maps/UMS games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #1160 on: March 04, 2008, 06:09:23 AM »
eww rts

Pretty much all I play are RPGs.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1161 on: March 04, 2008, 06:21:13 AM »
eww rpgs.

j/k

I play some RTS, some RPGs, some MMORPGs (I make a distinction, since they do have a rather large difference in gameplay), and very rarely, FPS. Most games like "The Sims" piss me off, and I find it very hard to find an MMORPG that's worth playing for more than about a week. One of the things that almost every MMORPG fails miserably on is the items. The thing that sets WoW and Diablo2 apart from other games in their genre(s) is that item wise, they are extremely flexible, and you can get quite a bit of help form your items. (Though I wish there were more sets in WoW :/)

I've kinda gotten into this weird phase where almost no game can actually feel worth playing for more than about a month. I just find every flaw and problem with the game and get to the point where I just don't get any satisfaction from playing it. Most MMORPGs have practically no social interaction, and no flexibility until your character is pretty much ready for end-game stuff, and are boring as FUCK to grind; most RTS games are very inflexible, and you get stuck doing the exact same thing every time because it's the only way to win; most RPGs don't give you enough control over your character, or don't have enough unique features that set them apart from all the others; and I suck at pretty much every FPS ever made.

/rant

Part of the reason I get pretty much every game PERFECTLY LEGITIMATELY is because I'm cheap, and don't want to pay more than about $10 for something that I'm going to get bored of in a month or so.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 04, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »
If I like SC I'll go buy the battle chest for 20 bucks.  Until then, I think of it as a demo :D
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1163 on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:57 AM »
Lol. Yeah, I may end up buying it again to get back onto Battle.net. But until then, I'll be playing the computer, and maybe playing some of you guys in IP games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 04, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
Bobbias

Play FFXI. There's a shitload of variance in gear and ways to play through the whole game. Barring the first 10 levels or so of course, since there's only so much gear you can equip at those levels.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1165 on: March 04, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »
Money. I would if I didn't have to pay. We recently canceled our subscription to WoW because of money problems. I've wanted to try FFXI for a long time now, but have never had the money to do so.

Well, there's that, and the fact that I'm extremely cheap. when it comes to games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 04, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »
eww rts

Pretty much all I play are RPGs.

I don't see how people could do this. Hell, the only things I never play are Sim games, sports games (sometimes with a friend, like once every 3 years) and mini games. Everything else I pretty much play.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 04, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »
Warcraft 1 is the only RTS I've ever actually played and even back then, I thought it was really boring. Most people who play RTS don't understand a single thing about actual strategy and just follow guides that other people put out. There's almost zero room for any sort of bait and attack or any sort of cool ideas because the maps are so completely defined.

I do have to say though, that Shogun: Total War or whatever it was looked like it was close.

So, EA screwed up yet again with sending me Rock Band stuff. I requested a box to send in my guitar and instead of just sending me one box, they sent me two. So now I don't know if I'm supposed to just send in my guitar and keep the other box or send in the guitar and the empty box with a note saying they screwed up and sent me an extra box.

Aggh I want my 360 back.

vladgd

« Reply #1168 on: March 04, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
I don't see how people could do this. Hell, the only things I never play are Sim games, sports games (sometimes with a friend, like once every 3 years) and mini games. Everything else I pretty much play.

i am in agreeance with this post.  i simply can not fathom sticking to a single genre of game.  i actually would probably quit gaming if i did this.  i like to mix it up for the most part, currently grindan in ff12, after that who knows, maby i will try to actually beat a gta game.  as for games i look forward too, from the thread in gaming, i would say i have a pretty varied list of games that should all kick ass.

sf4
sc2
ng2
bionic commando rearmed

OHH MY

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 04, 2008, 07:08:35 PM »
There was a blood drive at my school today. I think the most freaky part was when it was finished and the nurse taking my blood held up the bag with a pint of my blood in it.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}