Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 477221 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #1185 on: March 05, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty lame. The gunz community is a cesspool of fail and AIDS.

I'm gonna reformat my C: drive, wipe it clean and start anew. Aside from backing up all of my files and such on my F: drive, what steps exactly do I need to go about taking?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:11:43 PM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 05, 2008, 11:41:07 PM »
Formatting your drive? There should just be a utility for it. Are you going to use Ghost to back everything up, or just save individual data files?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1187 on: March 05, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »
there are quite a few different programs you can use for formatting, but the easiest way, if you're going to re-install windows, is stick in the windows CD and start installing, and when it says that there's already windows on that drive, tell it to format. (quick, since full formats are generally unnecessary, and take forever)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2008, 03:13:58 AM »
I swear my same group of friends has the same warped taste in games. They looked at me playing god hand and instantly said god of war was better, me having beaten all three said god hand was better, then one said "lol no". Also they keep telling me to buy Mario party.

vladgd

« Reply #1189 on: March 06, 2008, 03:29:24 AM »
mario party is a good way to make me break a controller.

gee, i love games that require little skill and the ability to get lucky and switch stars with someone with 7 stars when i have 0 on the last turn winning the entire game based on that part of a turn alone...

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 06, 2008, 05:17:55 AM »
Dude that stuff is hilarious. Mario Party is basically how you separate overly competitive people from gamers who just want some fun. The OC guy will flip out over everything.

Speaking of Mario, I went back to Galaxy since I never got all 120 stars. GodDAMN it is amazing. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1191 on: March 06, 2008, 07:47:15 AM »
I don't like the mario party games... It's not that I'm too competitive to play them, it's just that I don't like playing them, period.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 06, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
Dude that stuff is hilarious. Mario Party is basically how you separate overly competitive people from gamers who just want some fun. The OC guy will flip out over everything.

I played it once or twice and thought it was boring. I'm hardly competitive but still, the game is so slow paced and none of the minigaems are that fun.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 06, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »
I would beg to differ on a lot of them being fun. Which game did you play? It does really depend on which MP game you're playing.

Honestly, a lot of gamers just resign themselves beforehand like, "Oh I don't normally like minigames and stuff." and then they play it as *gasp* BIG SURPRISE, they say they don't like it.

If the game's slow-paced, turn the turn number down or tell the other people to hurry up with their moves. It's not like these things aren't controllable.

The other type of person that exists is the "jaded." They're more or less incapable of having fun with something they've deigned below them or they've already decided that something is garbage, even before going into it. It's painful. It's why games like Zack & Wiki or Okami or even God Hand don't get sales. Z&W has a weird title, a cute character set and it's on the Wii. But damn if it isn't a fantastic game that no one bought because they thought they were above what was presented to them.

Aggggh now I'm off on a giant tangent. I'm just easy to annoy with stuff like that.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 06, 2008, 05:02:17 PM »
It's snowing here. This never happens. :D

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 06, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
The other type of person that exists is the "jaded." They're more or less incapable of having fun with something they've deigned below them or they've already decided that something is garbage, even before going into it. It's painful. It's why games like Zack & Wiki or Okami or even God Hand don't get sales. Z&W has a weird title, a cute character set and it's on the Wii. But damn if it isn't a fantastic game that no one bought because they thought they were above what was presented to them.

Aggggh now I'm off on a giant tangent. I'm just easy to annoy with stuff like that.

Heh, I might consider myself "jaded" but I'm far from a "IT MUST BE GRIM DARK GEARS OF WAR IS AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMME" type of person, I really can't stand people like that really. I still want to pick up ZW, despite it being short.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1196 on: March 06, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
Formatting your drive? There should just be a utility for it. Are you going to use Ghost to back everything up, or just save individual data files?

I'm gonna save some individual data files. Most of the stuff on my C: drive I don't care about anymore, or never did.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 06, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
Board games are how you really separate the competitive assholes in your group.

[/danieltosh]

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1198 on: March 06, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »
I guess I fall mostly into the "jaded" group. Except that I play oldschol arcade game and such. I think my problem is with modern games that try to emulate older games and bring them into the new platform and stuff. I don't like the idea of taking a game and doing something else with it (3D megaman anyone?). I'm not a fan of minigames in some games, but I still play stuff that could easily be taken as a minigame in things (Python/Snake/Worm/Whatever, Pong, Kickle Cubicle is fun as hell, so is the old Bubble Bobble [not Bust a Move]) There's something about them that just bothers me. I've played 3 (and probably an earlier one as well), and we own one of them (probably 4, 5, or 6, We're too lazy to check which one it is) and I don't like it either. I actually, sorta liked 3. I wish they would have not made so damn many of them.

Either way, I'm gonna stop ranting now.

On an unrelated sidenote, my jaw hurts like fuck. I just had 3 teeth removed today. I had a mild sedative to calm me down, some cream that was supposed to freeze my hand, but they put it someplace other than where they actually pit the IV in, and an IV of something to put me to sleep for them to do the work. My gums are fine, despite having had 3 adult teeth removed, and stitches put in. However, my jaw is fucking sore. Plus, when I woke up a second time, and tried to walk around, I got dizzy and light headed and nauseas (which never happens normally when I get light headed/dizzy). It happened twice, and hasn't since. This sucks, because I couldn't eat or drink anything since 5 AM, so I'm hungry, but I'm still a bit nauseas, and I can't eat very much :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1199 on: March 06, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »
Haha, oops, I totally forgot about my eye appointment on Tuesday. My bad :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE