Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465991 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #1230 on: March 11, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
yay lake snow!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1231 on: March 11, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »
Not yay, we get a lot more snow around here than some places because of all the damned lakes and shit.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1232 on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »
well, i kind of live in the only peninsula in the world surrounded by fresh water lakes. 

then again, you aren't talking about those now are you, you are talking about the ASSTONJESUSNIGGERWHATCHRISTGODONTARIOLOOKSLIKESWISSCHEESEBECAUSEOFTHELAKES, i guess it makes sense now.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 11, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
I live in MD.

We're pretty ok, I guess.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1234 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »
Puh.  Sorry I haven't been on more, I've been buzzzzy with work. :x

Four installs last week -- 51.5 hours worked, a lot of those being spent driving.  Whee!  It's not so much that I didn't have any free time, I just didn't spend it on my computer.  FUCK YOU GUYS, HAHAHAHAAH. <3

I hung out with DA DAVE for the past few weekends.  I picked up Rock Band and Army of Two and we've been playing the shit out of them.  My bass pedal is still in one piece.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1235 on: March 12, 2008, 02:12:52 PM »
Lol, if you missed it, my bro and I ended up with a free copy of Rock Band. And a mic to go with it.

Woo. Free shit. We need drums though...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 12, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »
Listening to 80s music and eating chinese

woo
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 12, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 12, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/mom_on_trial;_ylt=ApYeu8vemMD2RxmwbV7SPvIDW7oF

This is about 300 different types of idiotic >: |

I actually feel really bad for that woman, that shit was uncalled for.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1239 on: March 12, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
Woo, so my dad's van broke down today.  The transmission totally pooped out on it.  There's a fun grinding noise when you put it into gear.  We were driving back from shooting some photos when it happened -- we were driving on my street when GRRREEASKDKDOKOAO{WEOOFDSOAKFEOAW.  Luckily, we were able to pull into a parking lot before the thing just refused to go.

The events leading up to that were strange.  My dad spontaneously cleaned out my car today.  He didn't even know why he did it, but he felt that he had to.  Basically, he just cleaned out a few things, removed some of the things I had stuffed in the center console, vacuumed the carpet and stuff, and took the loose change and pens out of it.  When we were walking back to the minivan after taking the photos, I took a picture of the minivan for some inexplicable reason.  It's almost as if it were meant to happen.

Oh well, at least he can drive my Saturn around.  I'm not exactly going to need it (I'm not even going to take it with me to Maryland when I go back -- there's no point since I can use my company car for personal use; it would just wind up taking up another valuable parking spot at our apartment).

On the bright side, he did wind up getting $250 for the van, plus a tow.  That'll be enough to put an exhaust on my car that doesn't make the engine sound ten sizes larger than it is.

That said, I took my Saturn out for the first time since I'd left for Florida in January.  Oh maaaaaaaan, I'm going to miss that car. :(  It's just so much fun to drive.  I love the fact that the pedal is directly connected to the accelerator and that I actually have gears.  It just has a great feel to it.

I like my Five Hundred and all, but it's very obvious that it's built for comfort and work rather than fun.  The accelerator is electronically controlled and it doesn't actually have gears -- it has one of those constantly variable transmissions.  Very smooth ride, very easy starts and stops, but...it's not as fun.

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 12, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »
That sucks that you can't drive a stick anymore. I just got my first car, a 1997 VW GTI, and if it wasn't a stick I would shoot myself. I have so much fun driving that car because its V6  2.8 engine in the body of a VW golf, which is about 3200 lbs.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1241 on: March 13, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »
They Might Be Giants were awesome. They played a bunch of my favorite songs, and it was amazing.

Also I just watched Disturbia, really good movie. It had a lot of similarities with Transformers, and not just the actor who plays the main characters.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1242 on: March 13, 2008, 12:24:05 AM »
They still have standard transmissions available, it just depends on the car.  Automatic transmissions are still an option in most cars.  Also, considering that I drove almost a thousand miles last week, I'm glad my company car is an automatic.

Speaking of smallish cars with serious power, I really want a Saturn Sky with an LS-7.  Hoooooly shit.  A tuning shop in Ohio released a run of Pontiac Solstices and Saturn Skies with LS2s, LS7s, and turbocharged LS7s.  For as light as those cars are, those things would just scream.

I have a lot of fun with my Saturn, even if it's an automatic (it does have a factory-installed toggleable performance chip, after all...heh).  The thing is light enough (under 2000 lbs) that even its little DOHC LL0 motor (1.9L 124hp/122ft-lbf) gets the thing going pretty quick.  It annoys the hell out of me when people look at the spec sheet for my car and just assume that it's a dog.  The fact that my SC2 is at least a thousand pounds lighter than most cars in its class pushes it ahead of a lot of other vehicles.

Also I just watched Disturbia, really good movie. It had a lot of similarities with Transformers, and not just the actor who plays the main characters.

I would have probably enjoyed it more if it weren't so damn predictable. :P

It was a pretty solid movie, though.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 13, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »
Yeah, I saw basically every single plot twist in that movie before it even started, no joke.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 13, 2008, 03:37:48 AM »
I actually feel really bad for that woman, that shit was uncalled for.

Same, I can understand her turning the car off, because she didn't want some idiot running off with a baby.