Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465387 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #1275 on: March 15, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »
i just thought of something odd

why can i beat contra (hell, i beat it twice, one on emulator, one on my contra 4 cart) but i can't beat smb3

i remember stage 8 kicking my ass back in the day.  then again, last time i played smb3 was AT LEAST 8 years ago, most likley more.

maby i should give er another crack.

Yeah, you're gonna want to do that... SMB3 is WAY easier [and more fun] than contra. Go play it.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

vladgd

« Reply #1276 on: March 15, 2008, 11:53:10 PM »
wellp, soon as i am not lazy ill give that smb3 another shot.

also

ololol stork must hate his life, always #2.

well thats what he gets for playing against the best current terran player.

for some reason, i got enjoyment out of seeing the look on flashes face after he won, then he goes off to hug his mom.  it would be pretty freaking kickass to dominate a tournament of a major spectator sport of the country, twice (i believe its twice, unless he won more), at the age of 15.

also, the new lowes commercial, the music for said commercial reminds me of dragon warrior for some reason.  it sounds freakishly similar to something ive heard in dragon quest monsters.

*edit* hellz yea, found the uncropped image of that thing i was looking for.  booyah.

*edit* odd, cannot find rawm of smb3, and i REALLY don't want to find the nes and smb3 cart.  guess ill just not play it for now.  thinking of playing earthbound when im not lazy, problem is, im lazy.  i know its a good game, ive gotten all the way to summers some 6-7 years ago, but that file is long dead.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:52:48 AM by vladgd »

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:09 AM »
Dudes, I just bought a new computer from dell through my employee purchase program:

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
Windows Vista

vladgd

« Reply #1278 on: March 17, 2008, 01:00:06 AM »
thats damn good son.  i got my pc some 3-4 years ago, and video card aside(256mb geforce 7800), its pretty much a bit less powerful in every way than that rig(especially the processor, amd single core, 2.2ghz), and it was some $1300 back then.

got to love price drops in technology.

also, don't be retarded and order all of your shit, it comes in, you get ready to put it together...only to realise you need to order a bigger power supply because your video card takes more than the old power supply can put out.  I LEARNT THIS THE HARD WAY!

*edit*

i find myself saying "GUHDURN CRUSHANATOR!" with a southernish accent, because i find it funny.  guhdurn futurama for influencing me!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:32:24 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 17, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »
It's my birthday today. I'm 23. Once again, I'll spend my birthday completely alone and because my birthday's on a holiday, no one remembers it and thus, no one ever says hey let's go somewhere and have a birthday dinner and I'd feel like a total dick asking people to take me out to dinner after reminding them what day it is.

Also my 360 is still sitting at Microsoft.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1280 on: March 17, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1281 on: March 17, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »
to note, i cool down my pc by not having the side pannels attached and i always have a small fan blowing diagonally on the videocard/HDD(without it, the HDD can get hot enough to burn my hand, with it, its always a neutral room temp).

ghetto cooling yo

also eggman, try and have a good one.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1282 on: March 17, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
My side is always off. I don't mind high hard drive heat, because believe it or not, a study by Google among their HUGE server cluster showed that higher average HD temps showed an increase in reliability in those hard drives.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 17, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 17, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
My system's pretty much the same as Vlads, minus the graphics card, I've got an 8800GTS, and it was similarly priced. Pretty awesome deal :U

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1285 on: March 17, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »
I'm 23.

It's everywhere :O also yeah what vlad said, just try to enjoy what's left of it, hopefully you ended up doing something pretty cool. You aren't required to spend your birthday with other people, as long as you do stuff you want to do and ultimately it pleases you.

Also, today I worked for the first time in weeks, and it went really well. My new team lead kept telling me how awesome and interesting my introduction was, and I felt special :>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1286 on: March 18, 2008, 12:47:35 AM »
Dudes, I just bought a new computer from dell through my employee purchase program:

Sub total:$759.00

Shit, nice.

Okay, that settles it.  When I save up enough for a new computer I'm just going to get a Dell.  I get EPP discounts as well, plus the cases for their newer towers are HELLA nice.  Lastly, customer support for EPP purchases is nothing short of godlike -- it's the same support level as a corporate customer, aka awesome.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 18, 2008, 01:13:26 AM »
It's everywhere :O also yeah what vlad said, just try to enjoy what's left of it, hopefully you ended up doing something pretty cool. You aren't required to spend your birthday with other people, as long as you do stuff you want to do and ultimately it pleases you.

Also, today I worked for the first time in weeks, and it went really well. My new team lead kept telling me how awesome and interesting my introduction was, and I felt special :>

Nope, I sat around the whole day doing my laundry. I'm still not done. Someone broke 5 out of the 6 washing machines.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 18, 2008, 01:15:28 AM »
That sucks.

My mind is freakin' blown. I just saw the last episode they're aired of Battlestar Galactica (I've been watching it with a couple people in my dorm), and I've never been so dumbfounded by a plot twist in my life. It makes Memento seem predictable ;_______;

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 18, 2008, 03:00:28 AM »
http://www.blastwavecomic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=40

I can't believe I've just found this. Good stuff anyways.