Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 483306 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »
I also know of a program like that, in Java (see all of the FF6 tokens in my avatar?  I made them for this program).  I've never used openrpg.  We could give it a shot, if nobody doesn't mind.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2007, 08:09:46 PM »
I have a friend who's like that in Magic. He uses a blue deck, which, according to ED, "is the basis of annoying "Control" decks which are inevitably found in the hands of some nerd who will invoke some rule of the game you didn't know existed in order to counter your every action."

Yeah, blue decks are VERY spell based. I love watching control decks or counter decks, it's so funny to watch someone get completely screwed when their opponent has about 2 1/1s out and nothing else.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »
Well, I just made a mostly blue deck that's completely non creature based, it's hideous. Treadwine Prophets + Protective Bubble + Merrow Harbringer = hilarity.

Prophets are "when dealing combat damage to an opponent, you may sacrifice a merfolk. If you do, take an additional turn after this one." Protective Bubble is an aura, creature is unblockable and has shroud. Merrow Harbringer is when it comes into play, search your deck for a merfolk, reveal it, and put it on top of your library. Attack with prophets, sac creature, play harbringer, get another harbringer, rinse repeat. It helps that the Prophets are 4/4's as well. It's hideous. The only real disadvantage is that the Prophets are 4UU (I think?), so it's not the quickest off the bat.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2007, 11:56:52 PM »
Haha, nice. What's Shroud? I haven't been keeping up with all those damned new abilities and such they keep coming out with. There are way too many of those now in my opinion. I'm used to the oldschool version 1 and version 1.5 rules. I had practically memorized the old rulebook that came with old starters. I began playing sometime just before they came up with Ice Age, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2007, 02:04:02 AM »
Honestly, I've always enjoyed RIFTS much more than anything D&D has. Character types and situations are just way more varied.

RIFTS is nice...if you've got 12 eons to play. It has comprehensive rules for making anything conceivable, but it takes a billion years to get it all done. The main book is also the size of a small country.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2007, 04:11:54 AM »
Shroud's creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities. It's just one of the verbage changes they're recently added to make card wording more concise (like Deathtouch and Lifelink, which are destroy creature _ deals combat damage to and you gain life equal to combat damage _ deals, respectively).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »
RIFTS is nice...if you've got 12 eons to play. It has comprehensive rules for making anything conceivable, but it takes a billion years to get it all done. The main book is also the size of a small country.

Sounds like Prism. It's an adaptable system designed to let you play in completely custom settings. It allows you to create custom items, spells, and all sorts of stuff.

http://www.rpglibrary.org/systems/prism/toc.html It's somewhere around 140 pages, printed out in full, if I remember correctly, and that's only the base system.

Shroud's creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities. It's just one of the verbage changes they're recently added to make card wording more concise (like Deathtouch and Lifelink, which are destroy creature _ deals combat damage to and you gain life equal to combat damage _ deals, respectively).

Ahh, I've been out of touch for a while. Hell, by the time they were introducing Slivers, I was barely paying any attention to the game, and that was after I renewed my interest, and lost it again.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2007, 01:51:35 PM »
Heh, oldfag. Slivers are ancient, I didn't start even playing until 7th edition.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2007, 02:03:36 PM »
Lmao, as I said, I was playing Magic before they came out with Ice Age. Yes, I am an Oldfag when it comes to Magic.

EDIT: Well, I didn't mean when they FIRST introduced Slivers, but I was referring to the newer editions when they re-introduced slivers and they become a big deal for a while.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:22:24 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
My Chem teacher in high school has a full set of everything up to and including Ice Age. She quit after that because she didn't want to waste her time.

Yes, she has a FULL Alpha AND Beta set, among other things. All in mint.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »
Jesus tapdancing Christ on a bun.

That muct be worth a FORTUNE. Hell, some individual cards in alpha and beta are worth a ton, a full set is practically priceless.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2007, 03:05:22 PM »
That's hideous. I'm going to steal it ;_;

Also: I quit before the second generation of slivers came out, so nyah. :3

Third: There's less to DM-ing than I thought after all. I might download openrpg and start fiddling around with building a campaign.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2007, 05:10:59 PM »
Haha oh man, I hadn't seen any videos or anything of that yet, that makes me wish I had a Wii D:

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »
Haha oh man, I hadn't seen any videos or anything of that yet, that makes me wish I had a Wii D:

Yeah, I hadn't seen any videos yet either. I read the, like, 6-page article on it in Nintendo Power the other day, it looks so sick. I can't wait until it comes out (Febtober)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE