Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 480079 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »
Yeah : |

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2007, 11:39:01 PM »
Grats on being the first member here to break 1000 posts, Bobbias!

You rock :D

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2007, 11:57:25 PM »
Haha, I think I must have close to 4k posts on s.net total, if you include all the other incarnations of s.net.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2007, 01:18:22 AM »
Haha, yeah, he kinda disappeared like a month or two ago, and nobody really noticed :x

I noticed his absence but I didn't notice his sig comment until it was pointed out...

Ah well. :(
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:45 AM »
dorble roast

I like the fact that the batteries for my laptop and my mom's laptop are mostly compatible.  This is one of those rare moments where my laptop is completely disconnected from everything.  I'm so used to being plugged into the wall that when I shifted positions I literally took care to keep the non-existent power cord from being tugged out or pulled.

By "mostly compatible" I mean that my lappy won't charge her battery.  I doubt that was an intentional design element since her laptop can charge my battery (well, when it was actually still able to hold a charge, that is ;)), just one of those dealies where my laptop doesn't really know what the hell the battery actually is.

Meh, I wish I understood more about the control circuitry on Li-Ion batteries.  I know basically what it all does, I just want to know more about what it actually sends to the computer, aside from charge information; model specific stuff.

Edit: Also, it's kind of amazing how much more power dual-core processors suck down.  Her laptop (Inspiron E1505 with an 1.73GHz Core Duo and an Intel GMA) lasts about 2:30 while my system (Inspiron 9300 with a 1.73GHz Pentium-M and a RADEON X300) lasts more than 4:20 (lol 420).

Speaking of the whole charging situation, to make matters even more facepalm-y, my charger works with hers but her charger doesn't work with mine, due to hers only requiring a 65W AC adapter and mine requiring a 90W one.  I can't win! XD
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:47:45 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2007, 09:35:56 AM »
Wow.. lol, just wow.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »
That's odd, but I've seen similar things happening with cellphone batteries. I've used chargers for different brands and really had no problems, while I've heard horror stories when the same thing is tried. I guess it just depends on the make of your phone (or laptop!) and the battery you're using.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2007, 04:01:50 PM »
You're generally fine as long as you make sure that both devices use the same voltage and pump out enough amps.  For instance, I wouldn't charge my phone (Motorola V3x) on my mom's charger (she has a Moto V3) despite them both using a mini-USB jack simply because her charger doesn't put out the same amperage as mine (I forget the exact figures).  The Moto triples phones (V400/V500/V600), on the other hand, shares the same charger with many of the other V-series phones, such as my old V620 (currently my dad's -- as far as features go, it's a V3 RAZR in a V600 shell with considerably better styling).

The Nokia phones that I've used industry-standard jacks and have all basically had interchangeable chargers.  The old Motorola phone that I had way back when (1999?  2000?) used the same charger as my Nokia 3595 and 6010, if I remember correctly.  I love those kind of phones; you can get a fairly inexpensive AC adapter from Radio Shack that'll do the trick rather than paying out the ass for an official charger should yours ever get lost/stolen/broken.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
Yeah, my phone's a Nokia, and apparently the charger seems to work for basically everything it fits in, which is nice. However it seems like no one else in the universe has a Nokia. Which is strange to me, because for a budget phone, mine really kicks ass. It's in the same price range as the razr, ie free with your plan, but it's much more reliable, and looks better as well. I swear, razrs fail it, but everyone thinks they're awesome because they're all skinny-like. Sure, my phone is thicker, but it's also better in every way.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
RAZRs are impressive for the simple reason that they cram 2.5G technology (now 3G!) in such a ridiculously small case.  They're also pretty damn cheap now.

Also, don't discount the mini-USB port.  You can do some incredible things with Motorola phones just by having access to a data port.  Since it uses such a standard cable, anyone can hack the shit out of any of the released RAZRs.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2007, 08:53:15 PM »
So I've started learning Perl. The only other language I've ever really done anything with was in was VB, and even then it was 5 years ago and I've forgotten everything I learned in that class.

Anyways, Perl is a surprisingly intuitive language. I'm enjoying this.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »
Wow, that's ironic; I started learning Perl recently as well. :o

I'm amazed at how slick and seamlessly it converts between data types.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2007, 09:18:20 PM »
hay guyz

Alright I'll try to make this as legal a post I can.

I need a thing, to make things come to my computer-machine over the internet(s).
I have tried a lot of things. Note: I am looking for a thing that is specifically used for making 'single' things come to my computer-machine, other than using the [insert word for hard rainstorm here]ing large collections of things at once.

help?
Clarity:  AIM is SneakyVH
or just PM me
<3
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »
Wow, that's ironic; I started learning Perl recently as well. :o

I'm amazed at how slick and seamlessly it converts between data types.

I just started today. I haven't done anything external yet.

The reason I chose it is because when I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my computer, I found interpreter/compilers for C++, Java, Perl, and Python in the installation. For whatever reason, I chose to learn Perl first. I've been meaning to teach myself a programming language, but I never really committed myself to it. Now that I have Ubuntu, it's really easy. Way easier than learning on XP.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
I need a thing, to make things come to my computer-machine over the internet(s).
I have tried a lot of things. Note: I am looking for a thing that is specifically used for making 'single' things come to my computer-machine, other than using the [insert word for hard rainstorm here]ing large collections of things at once.

You're allowed to say the name "BitTorrent," y'know... XD

Also, file sharing is legal; what most people do with it isn't.  I'm sure you wouldn't use this program for anything illegal, riiiiiiiiight?? ;)

Anyway, give Soulseek a shot.  It's a great way of getting...perfectly...legal...files, especially music.