Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465813 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »
After all this time haha
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »
Your name is awesome. I just thought I'd say that.

I was going to say something along those lines as well.

Also, watched Hitch today with the girlfriend. Good movie, but like every movie we watch we didn't really pay much attention to it.

Also also, I think I'm going to play through Shadowrun. I've never actually beaten that game before, and I really want to :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2007, 01:06:51 AM »
Good movie

My faith in humankind has just been lessened. That movie looks like the worst sort of movie ever made. Hell, I will admit that I'm actually interested in watching that new movie, crap, I forget the name. It's playing in select theaters now and it's a chick flick and all that. It had some sorta pretentious name. anyway, that looks like it actually has a story and is decent (and even though it's a chick flick, I'd probably like it), but I cannot stand movies like Hitch. I mean, romantic comedies for the most part tend to combine the worst aspects of both genres. Terrible jokes, and lame love stories. They RARELY ever have anything resembling a good plot, in my opinion. I mean, I watch shoujo anime because it is much more plot drive and has a lot more character development than most shounen, and I'd watch some chick flicks if they were like that. However, romantic comedies are, in my opinion, the biggest failure in move making since the oldschool B movies. At least those were entertaining due to the terrible acting.

EDIT: Fuck. I don't know what he did, or how he did it, but somehow, my brother just broke our old mouse. We switched mice a while back because the one we'd been using with this computer was making double clicks when you only meant to make single clicks, and stuff. Now, my brother switched the one we were using back, because the mouse wheel stopped working. I switched back to test it, and it worked fine, but then something weird happened. It started losing power. It kept flickering on and off really quickly and fucking up, and now it's broken.A perfectly good mouse is now broken, and we're forced to use a shitty mouse that I had considered throwing away because it sucked so much. Fuck, my brother is an idiot. EVERYTHING he touches that's electronic seems to break. I swear to fucking god. I buy a $55 headset, about 6 months later, and it's broken, thanks to him. I get a set of headphones from a friend who had some extras. A week after lending them to him, they're broken. I get a dual monitor setup, a couple months later, one monitor is dead, thanks to him. And now a perfectly fine mouse is broken. FUCK. How is this fucking possible? FUCK.

I swear to god I'm going to ban him from touching anything electronic I own pretty soon.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:17:42 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »
I think you mean Good Luck Chuck Bobbias, don't fucking see it. It was a giant steaming pile of romantic comedy, fucking still pissed I saw it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »
Nope, not that one, I think it was called Atonement, if my memory serves me.

Fake Edit: Yep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atonement_%28film%29 As far as chick flicks go, that sounds good, I'm genuinely interested.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »
That's more of a drama, and it's gotten very good reviews so far.

Also: Romantic comedies are perfectly acceptable if you're watching them with females. Otherwise, no good.

Furthermoar: I really want to see Juno.

annon

« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2007, 08:01:59 PM »
Ok, what the hell. I logged in under Aldrasio and every forum was hidden to me. I logged out, and they were visible. I registered this account, and they're visible.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »
muh bad.

Try again.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2007, 08:28:43 PM »
Neat.

So I just saw I Am Legend. I liked it.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
So I just saw I Am Legend. I liked it.

It was good. I just didn't like the whole religious ending and all.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2007, 03:01:19 AM »
So I think I have officially switched to Opera. I'm sorry but it's just way better so far. It's faster, for one thing. There are little thingers here and there that are different which I enjoy. Also, all of the Firefox extensions I use very frequently, come stock with Opera. I don't like or use the default theme, though. I just have a nice visual style installed, and set the skin to "Windows Native" so it nicely blends in with everything else.

The only real thing so far that I don't like is the fact that it doesn't come with a spell-checker. You have to download and install Aspell and a dictionary for it to work, and even then, it doesn't do the "check-as-you-type" thing. That is a surprising thing to leave out, I think. More people should use that shit :|

So anywayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my new life starts tomorrow. I have to leave now, but I'll explain later. Essentially, I am moving out of my current place into a sweet little trailer outside my dad's house (whom I get along with really well [and his wife (my step-mom) is awesome, too]) so I can save a shitload of money on rent and other things. I've been wanting to move for a REALLY long time because my life is just sort of turning to shit these days, in many, many aspects. So I have decided that I'm going to stop being such a fucking lazy, apathetic, dumbass failure and start doing all the shit I've been severely wanting to do for a long time. I figure, with such a big (and alegedly good) change of scenery, it's the perfect time to re-shape and renovate my life into something meaningful.

I guess I explained a bit more than I thought I would. OH WELL. I should go now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:07:37 AM by Sqthreer! »
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2007, 03:18:11 AM »
Well, good luck, I hope everything turns out good from that. Oh, and you'd better keep posting, or we'll hunt you down and force you to post.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »
My faith in humankind has just been lessened. That movie looks like the worst sort of movie ever made. Hell, I will admit that I'm actually interested in watching that new movie, crap, I forget the name. It's playing in select theaters now and it's a chick flick and all that. It had some sorta pretentious name. anyway, that looks like it actually has a story and is decent (and even though it's a chick flick, I'd probably like it), but I cannot stand movies like Hitch. I mean, romantic comedies for the most part tend to combine the worst aspects of both genres. Terrible jokes, and lame love stories. They RARELY ever have anything resembling a good plot, in my opinion. I mean, I watch shoujo anime because it is much more plot drive and has a lot more character development than most shounen, and I'd watch some chick flicks if they were like that. However, romantic comedies are, in my opinion, the biggest failure in move making since the oldschool B movies. At least those were entertaining due to the terrible acting.

Go watch it before you give it that kind of scathing review please >_>

Also, I'm staying home from most of school today because I feel like ass. I have to go in for 6th period because I need to teach my friend all of my parts for band, so that he can take my place in the concert tonight (because I'm really cool and forgot I had training for work that I can't miss)

Also, qft haha

Also: Romantic comedies are perfectly acceptable if you're watching them with females. Otherwise, no good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:43:15 AM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »
If you haven't noticed, Hitch was used more as an example and an entry point than the exact movie in question. I was talking about romantic comedies in general. Some are better than others, but as far as I'm concerned, they're pretty much all concentrated failure.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2007, 04:25:43 PM »
So I think I have officially switched to Opera.

:3