Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465987 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »
My 1 TB networked storage system doesn't show up in my network. Why does the best thing I get this year have to fail so miserably? Why can't I get something that actually works properly, for once?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »
OpenMPT

die
* Kuroneko sics his rabid pack of bears on Spectere

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2007, 02:50:40 PM »
die
* Kuroneko sics his rabid pack of bears on Spectere

Meh, whatev.  I still use Impulse Tracker myself. ;)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2007, 03:07:47 PM »
My family is supposed to go up to my sister's place in Brooksville, about an hour north of here. None of us want to drive an hour there and back just to see her for a little while and have dessert with her. It's not worth it D:

lolownt.

I'm going out of town until Friday, c'ya all then :U

Granted I might pop up here on my Grandpa's computer, so I probably won't be gone the whole time.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2007, 04:13:42 PM »
So my grandparents went to buy me a sidekick LX, but they wouldn't let them get any of the discounts that they would give me since it's my account. 

Now I have the money it takes to get one, from them.

But no fucking t mobile stores are open on xmas.

How the FUCK do you NOT have ANY locations open on xmas with all these kids getting cellphones from these stupid parents that don't know how to fucking buy or activate shit, so they get it before xmas, and all the kid gets is a dead piece of fucking plastic and can't do shit with it tomorrow.

I don't even get the piece of plastic, the funds to buy it. I'm fucking raping them tomorrow when they open.  I'm pissed.

Don't worry though, I am grateful and all that good stuff that they actually thought of me to do that.

Fuck t mobile.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 25, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »
My 1 TB networked storage system doesn't show up in my network. Why does the best thing I get this year have to fail so miserably? Why can't I get something that actually works properly, for once?

I'm right there with you. Anything that says plug-n-play or supposedly takes little technical skill always gives me more trouble than tthings that are supposed to be hard. Shit can't just plug-n-play.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #381 on: December 25, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
I'm right there with you. Anything that says plug-n-play or supposedly takes little technical skill always gives me more trouble than tthings that are supposed to be hard. Shit can't just plug-n-play.

Quoted for the utter truth. I've had SO much more trouble with supposed "plug it in and it works" than "well, you have to do all this shit to make it work, and the manual weighs like, 10 lbs."

Seriously, the manual for this shit is about 6 pages, and none of it has ANY info on how to actually configure it, or warns you about any possible problems it might have. It doesn't even talk about needing DHCP or anything, it just says what order to plug it in, and when to install the programs. The manual says absolutely nothing about how to set it up, beside when to plug what in. Nothing about network settings, DHCP, how to set up static IPs for it or anything.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #382 on: December 25, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
But no fucking t mobile stores are open on xmas.

How the FUCK do you NOT have ANY locations open on xmas with all these kids getting cellphones from these stupid parents that don't know how to fucking buy or activate shit, so they get it before xmas, and all the kid gets is a dead piece of fucking plastic and can't do shit with it tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but this type of attitude is seriously ruining holidays.

Would you like to work on Christmas?  I think not.  Deal with it; you'll get your phone tomorrow.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #383 on: December 25, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
Still sucks though.. And for the people who DO want to work on Christmas, they get some pretty sweet bonus on their pay.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 25, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »
Well I didn't mean to make it out like I'm complaining about the whole thing, I should rephrase it as more a conversational debate. As a business owner of a quite common place to get someone a gift, do you think it would be more beneficial in the long run, if your place of business was open for consumers to either exchange or get support/activation for the products these people are getting for gifts? You could take the humanity side, which is stay closed so your employees don't work those hours, or you could be business/money minded and keep it open limited hours so people that really need certain things for their  products can get them without waiting.  The majority of the people in our society want instant gratification, and some businesses like WalMart are evil enough to grant it, on holidays like christmas.

I am totally against a boss MAKING someone work.. but some people really need that extra kick on their check for that holiday pay. 

And I would work on christmas if it was a)after I opened gifts, and b) got holiday pay.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #385 on: December 25, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
I just don't see why stores should have to be open every single day of the year.  Maybe I'm just weird, but I see absolutely no reason to go out during holiday seasons.  I had no desire to go to any stores today.  I spent time with my family and we all had a good time.  The mere thought that many people have to work today against their will (as I've been subjected to on several Thanksgivings, Easters, etc) just pisses me off.

This crap about stores and places being open on holidays does nothing more than cheapen the holiday.  I'm pretty convinced that the only reason holidays still exist nowadays are for corporations to make extra money at set times of the year.  It's ridiculous.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #386 on: December 25, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »
That seems to be a common mantra among us like-minded youth, that holidays nowadays are nothing more than commercial periods of time in which every ad and  instance of media tells you/reminds you to buy something.

Woo long sentence. Hopefully that made some sense. But yeah, materialism blows. I didn't even ask for anything this year, all I honestly wanted was just to spend time with my family and girlfriend. In the end, I got that, but not without my mom interrogating me as to which items I "want" her to buy me for Christmas.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 25, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »
Meh, I actually had to try and think of something I wanted, so I just listed a few videogames. Also I feel  :'( since I didn't have any money, at least I did some choirs around the house.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #388 on: December 25, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »
Well, yeah, I told my mom I wanted three games. That was the only thing I asked for. And I ended up only getting one of the games from her, haha. I coincidentally got another one of the games I asked for from my friend (who also coincidentally bought me the same exact game I bought him- Contra 4- but he bought the last copy GameStop had, and they were forced to give him the Display copy of the box with the game >_>)

Actually, I wonder if the Display copy will be worth more than the actual box someday :x

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how kickass NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is. That game is amazing, although somewhat hard.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 25, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »
Well, yeah, I told my mom I wanted three games. That was the only thing I asked for. And I ended up only getting one of the games from her, haha.

Stop stealing my Christmas, all I asked for was 3 games and 2 CDs and all I got was UR MR GAY and clothes (I needed the clothes, so that was nice, plus candy and money).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how kickass NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is. That game is amazing, although somewhat hard.

Wait? the new one? I heard it was being developed by sonic team and they fucked it up?