Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465995 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #480 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
TAMPA POST.

It's nice down here. =D

P.S. THE INTERNET SPEED DOWN HERE IS FUCKIN' FAST.  I clocked it at 7mbps down, 6mbps up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:30:23 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #481 on: January 06, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
Jesus, nice connection. My stats are something like 3 mb/s, but in reality, is 2.48 (310 kB/s), and my upload is capped at 0.448 mb/s, (56 kB/s). Kinda sucks, but my home line can't handle any faster. We idle at like, 80% line consumption and our SnR is about 5 db, which is a bit below the technical minimum safe zone of 6 db. We've always had shitty house lines. If the infrastructure around my town supported it, we could get an upgrade to 6 mbits, instead of 3 (for free), but even if the town got it, we'd be stuck with 3. I wish there was a way to drop both of those stats to something a bit more manageable.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #482 on: January 06, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
That's the same speed I get at my parents' house in Ohio -- 3mbps/512kbps DSL (6mbps/768kbps for the Elite package).  The cable company (Time Warner) totally sucks there.  Their cable TV is fine, but their Internet speeds are atrocious.  They advertise themselves as being a bazillion times faster than DSL yet half of the time you don't end up with even close to the rates that you're supposed to get (let's just say I was using my friend's "7mbps" connection and, after speedtest.net'ing it, found that he was only getting roughly 512kbps because the connection was so lousy).

Of course, in Struthers the cable company wound up inheriting another company's mess.  We originally had Adelphia in that area, but when they got pwnz0red Time Warner ended up taking it over.  Sadly, the connection speeds were even worse when Adelphia was in charge -- at least Time Warner's been cleaning it up since they took over.

Interestingly enough, the ISP that I'm using here in Tampa is Time Warner Business.  One thing that I do need to get is a new Ethernet cable (from the front desk or whatever).  The clip broke off of it and it keeps falling out of my Ethernet plug when I move my laptop.  The hotel put a little weighted block on the cable, presumably to prevent it from moving around while you work.  Well, it works.  Unfortunately, it does too good of a job in this case.

I ended up fixing the problem by pushing the weighted part as close as I could get to my computer and wedging it in place with my external hard drive.  I'm going to see if the people up front could give me another cable, though...it's annoying suddenly having the Internet connection cut out.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
So the other day we upgraded from the agonizing pain of SBC Yahoo DSL's lowest dsl connection to Roadrunner Cable.

Damn.

Average download speed for me all my life has been around 38 kb/s. Now I'm going upwards of 400 kb/s. It's like a new world for me. I don't have to watch a video say "buffering" for 10 minutes to watch a 5 minute video without stuttering anymore.

The only downside is that my torrent downloads aren't very fast, around 80 kb/s. It may be due to the fact that the peers aren't uploading as fast as I can download. It may also be that I've been having a hard time forwarding ports on this new modem.

Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #484 on: January 06, 2008, 11:35:41 PM »
So the other day we upgraded from the agonizing pain of SBC Yahoo DSL's lowest dsl connection

Very eww. =(

My parents (more like my dad...my mom doesn't go on the Web much) have SBC.  The faster plans are great.  The slower ones...eh, not bad for what you pay for them, I guess.  I would only take them as a last alternative to dial-up, though.

Good to hear that Time Warner doesn't suck in your area. :)

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »
well around here its all sbc or time warner. although my rich friend, and by rich i mean his parents own an airplane, have a T1 line, probably though his dad's work somehow.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2008, 12:30:59 AM »
That's how it is in Struthers, Roadrunner just happens to suck there. :>

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2008, 04:08:52 AM »
well around here its all sbc or time warner. although my rich friend, and by rich i mean his parents own an airplane, have a T1 line, probably though his dad's work somehow.

I've heard of such things. It's still downright ridiculous though.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2008, 04:12:51 AM »
I just saw the movie Balls of Fury, and it was probably the most hilarious movie I've ever seen.

I thought it might end up being just a really corny POS about ping pong, but it BLEW MY MIND with its comedy.

Even if you don't play the sport, I highly highly recommend it.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2008, 04:17:16 AM »
Really? Everyone I've heard talk about it says it's godawful.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2008, 04:29:01 AM »
Everyone you've heard talk about it are WRONG.

No, not really, they're entitled not to like it I guess.

It was written and directed by the guys who created and starred in Reno 911, another great movie.

I just looked it up on IMDb and I'm in awe at how bad it is being rated and reviewed. This movie seriously has some very convincing and unique comedic value to it. The acting is great, a lot of the jokes are subtle (which I love in movies and TV Shows) and the subject matter is something I'm a fan of myself, although I don't believe that is clouding my judgment at all. I recently saw another movie called Ping Pong, which was also a comedy, but it was Japanese, and even though I love ping pong and a lot of Japanese humor, I didn't think it was all that great.

Also, Dan Fogler, an actor I've never seen before was the main character, and made an amazingly convincing character.

This is possibly the most underrated movie I've ever seen, and it makes me sad. Not many movies make me laugh out loud when I'm perfectly alone.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2008, 05:29:28 AM »
So I just found out that I actually don't need to do anything at all to my PS2 to play burned disks. All I need is my old driver's license mutilated into a slide tool. Hello, GH2 customs.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2008, 05:33:01 AM »
If you get that to work out, tell me, because if I recall correctly there's no less than 7 different applications involved in making custom steps for GH2 : \

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2008, 05:44:26 AM »
I've been working on an archive for months now, and there were really only 3 absolutely necessary programs to decode the archive (1), make charts to my own songs (2), load them back into the archive (1 again), and burn them to a disk (3). Go to ScoreHero and look for Guitar Hero Explorer (a.k.a. ghex) and/or Guitar Wizard (They have their good and bad sides, so I use both), Feedback chart editor, and whatever CD/DVD burning software they recommend.

Now that I think of it, chart editing is really tedious. I guess I just got used to it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:46:11 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2008, 06:56:24 AM »
Sounds like kind of a lot of trouble, but I bet it kicks serious ass once you get it working. Are there any limitations on how long of a song you can do or how many notes are in it? And I assume you can't keysound them, right?