Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465743 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2008, 09:12:24 AM »
Hell, you can make note charts in Guitar Pro if you want, all the notes are are midi notes at fret 0 on each string.

Oh, and by the way, slide cards are NOT good for your PS2, and can damage it, and should only be used as a temporary thing.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2008, 10:01:16 AM »
Really? Everyone I've heard talk about it says it's godawful.

It's pretty funny (I saw it stoned so I'm not sure my opinion counts). It takes its self seriously the whole time, which makes it funny.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
Being stoned doesn't usually completely skew your thoughts. Movies like this need to take themselves seriously. I mean, Blades of Glory did that, and turned out amazing. It looked lame when I first saw the previews, but it turned out awesome.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #498 on: January 07, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
The people who didn't think it was funny are probably the one's who don't consider table tennis a sport, which is mean :|

Also, I was perfectly sober when I watched it, and I still thought it was great. I really liked Blades of Glory, too. Grandma's Boy is another of my favorites.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 07, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »
Well, I thought Blades of Glory was pretty badass, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 07, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
Sounds like kind of a lot of trouble, but I bet it kicks serious ass once you get it working. Are there any limitations on how long of a song you can do or how many notes are in it? And I assume you can't keysound them, right?

As far as I know, the only limit is that the entire archive needs to be under 4.4 GiB, and it's just under 3 at first IIRC. You can't add or remove songs, you have to replace them. You can't reproduce the effect used in the actual songs, which isn't actually keysounding. The songs are in .vgs format, divided into Guitar, Bass, and Band layers and having certain layers play as long as notes are being hit.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 07, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
Oh, alright. Well, it's still a similar thing. Why can't you replicate it, is it just too complicated, or does it just not work?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 07, 2008, 08:55:02 PM »
Well, if you had separate tracks, you could build your own layered .VGS using the archive editors, but odds are you won't. If you've seen some of the videos on YouTube, you'll see it isn't significant, although it would be ideal.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #503 on: January 07, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »
To any simfile makers: have you ever tried out DDReam Studio? It's like forty-million times better than the SM editor. I just now discovered it, and I can't believe I made simfiles without it D:
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 07, 2008, 10:36:35 PM »
I haven't heard of it.

In other news, it worked. I'm currently playing my Tamayura chart.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:53:21 PM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #505 on: January 07, 2008, 10:41:27 PM »
To any simfile makers: have you ever tried out DDReam Studio? It's like forty-million times better than the SM editor. I just now discovered it, and I can't believe I made simfiles without it D:

I've used it for a bunch of things.  It's good because of how amazingly flexible it is and how easy it is to do gimmicks with it but it's bad because it pushes down BPM changes on every single measure.

It's nice for creating skeleton files.  If I do use it for a chart, I'll use it for one chart (usually the expert, since the waveform view is very helpful) then save it to SM and normalize the BPMs so the file doesn't look so messy.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 07, 2008, 10:56:32 PM »
The people who didn't think it was funny are probably the one's who don't consider table tennis a sport, which is mean :|

I doubt their is a high stakes underground tournament for it, but the game is hard as hell.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #507 on: January 08, 2008, 01:17:16 AM »
Well, if you had separate tracks, you could build your own layered .VGS using the archive editors, but odds are you won't. If you've seen some of the videos on YouTube, you'll see it isn't significant, although it would be ideal.

Yeah.

Ulti: If you had the master instrument tracks from the song (each individual instrument completely separated from the others) you could reproduce the effect, so if you made a recording of a song of your own band, you could in theory do that (if you had a multi-track recording session). However, it's a hell of a lot more difficult than simply taking an MP3 and turning it's volume down when you miss a note.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 08, 2008, 01:49:05 AM »
Ah, bummer. I could see that being done though, and it'd be pretty awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #509 on: January 08, 2008, 02:27:52 AM »
Well, it could only be done with local bands and shit, unless you could manage to talk to the band and get permission to use their master tracks, which is not bloody likely, but still possible.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x