Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465327 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #510 on: January 08, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »
Yeah, but I imagine there's the potential for someone who's ridicuoulsly good at audacity or something to butcher mp3's to the point where it would resemble such a thing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #511 on: January 08, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »
Not going to work well. Best they can do is cut out selected frequencies and split them into separate files, and that won't work well, because then you'll hear most of the guitar go out, bit bits and pieces on the low and high end go down. Some of the bass will probably be contained, unless they select whatever's totally above the bass's range, which means that they'll lose a lot of low end guitar. Same things goes for the bass, they'll be cutting into both the guitar, and VERY HEAVILY into the drums.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 08, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
This is actually exactly why Rock Band features covers for some songs and masters for others. Some bands simply never cut their songs into separate parts with drums and whatnot (Iron Maiden) and so Guitar Hero can use the Master version since it just needs the main guitar, which does have its own track and Rock Band needs a cover because it needs separate tracks for drums, guitar, bass and vocals, which doesn't exist.

Doesn't matter anyway as the covers all sound good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #513 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:21 PM »
There's that, and the fact that they probably couldn't get the rights to all the songs, so that would also affect what songs they had to cover.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 08, 2008, 05:21:34 PM »
Doesn't matter anyway as the covers all sound good.

I hope you mean Rock bands covers and not guitar hero 2s covers. I wanted to die after I heard the cover singer for lamb of god in GH2. Also Bwii is fun, it's basically a light weight RTS/third person shooter and so far the only online game type I don't get my ass kicked in is attack/defend, on the defending side.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #515 on: January 08, 2008, 05:34:52 PM »
I wanted to die after I heard the cover singer for lamb of god in GH2.

That was about the only cover that sucked in the entire game...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 08, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »
Really? I don't listen to Lamb of God or anything, but I didn't think the cover was terrible. The song was fairly fun to play, in any case. I'm pretty sure the Iron Maiden cover on the 360 version is basically the worst thing ever.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »

Hehehe.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #518 on: January 08, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »
late reply:

Oh man, reminds me of my first kiss, lol. That was.. Awkward.

Oh well, left a lot of room for improvement :P

Either way, I felt like I was walking on air for quite some time after, lol.

Yeah, I was the same exact way. I was completely euphoric for like a half hour after my first kiss with my first "real" girlfriend. That was something I'll never ever forget.

Also, sup guys. I've kinda been ridiculously busy since the beginning of the weekend. I've had work every day, band practice yesterday and I've spent every ounce of my free time with my girlfriend (who is now doing better than ever, god I love my life). Tomorrow is band practice after school until 5:15, and work from 6 to 9:30. Woo. I'll have barely enough time to get home, change, drop my girlfriend off and get to work! Yay!

Also also, spec, where in Tampa you at?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:57:57 PM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 09, 2008, 12:38:46 AM »

Lets abduct him, should be fun. After all McDonald's did it. Also I need to remember Bunny Must Die and Cave Story for when I get my new PC.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #520 on: January 09, 2008, 02:20:04 AM »
That was about the only cover that sucked in the entire game...

I couldn't stand the Heart-Shaped Box cover.  Two reasons: (1) they subtly changed some parts of the song, making it sound worse and throwing off Nirvana fans (such as myself) and (2) the singer tries to sound like Kurt Cobain, fails miserably, and winds up simply sounding bad.

I DON'T KNOW ;_;

About ten minutes from Nielsen's Oldsmar campus, at the Mainsail hotel.

Also, I got my work laptop today! :D  It's a Dell Latitude D610 with a Pentium M 1.86GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 60GB hard drive, 15.4" screen (1024x768...eww), and a 64MB RADEON X300 (same as my personal laptop, sadly).  Not a total screamer (mainly because of the RAM) but, really, it's a work machine, so it doesn't matter much.

I found out that Microsoft Exchange is a really fucking sweet server solution when it comes to e-mail and stuff.  If I want to e-mail anyone in the company all I have to do is search for their name on the server's contact list.  Very slick.  After I get out of class I'm going to receive a fancy new Blackberry (and my company car, I guess).  I can't wait.

Only problem with the whole school thing is that my classes start at 5pm and end at 2am.  Not a big deal, but it does kind of limit what I can do in the daytime.  It's been interesting so far, I'd say.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 09, 2008, 03:04:16 AM »
I hope you mean Rock bands covers and not guitar hero 2s covers. I wanted to die after I heard the cover singer for lamb of god in GH2. Also Bwii is fun, it's basically a light weight RTS/third person shooter and so far the only online game type I don't get my ass kicked in is attack/defend, on the defending side.

Yeah, just talking about RB covers here.

I should try to get some videos of me and my friends playing. Maybe over my vacation at the end of the month.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 09, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »
Me and my friends still need to get Rock Band. I told them that if 3 other people are going to be playing, I'm not paying for the whole thing. 3 of my friends have already called drums, bass, and vocals, so they're going to pitch in.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 09, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
I have a computerized test for the TSA [wand and xray people at the airport].  yay.

edit: It was a screener test to see if I was good enough for the job haha.

Anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:17:23 PM by Sneaky »
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 09, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »
So my Excel Saga torrent just finished downloading.

Also someone tried to buy my urine today.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)