Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 484000 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #615 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
Well, Godhand is the only one I've played, so don't feel so out of the loop D:

God Hand was definitely better. Just remember to play the game and not to stop for a month or so and try to jump back on.

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
Welcome to zee club

we need a treehouse

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 17, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
 ___
[___]
  ||
  / \ 

plus
  __||__
 /         \
/_______\
|           |
|   _      |
|_|_|___|

yea
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 17, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »
So uh

apparently I broke Firefox bookmarks. My bookmark file is still there in the Mozilla folder, and it still shows all of my bookmarks, but I guess I have too many or something since it suddenly stopped showing anything that's not in a folder. Admittedly I do have an absolutely retarded bookmark list, but I don't know why it suddenly stopped working when I added a few more. (Stupidly large being 767kb bookmark file, which is just links and plain text.)

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 17, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »
I made a ytmnd lol:

http://twodsgold.ytmnd.com/

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 17, 2008, 10:54:10 PM »
Yeah double post but a clip from hostel:

Near the end the escape scene (no voices though music edited over it blah). 2:31 is fucking great. Watch it all if you want but I fucking love that scene it's hilarious.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 17, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »
(no voices though music edited over it blah). 2:31 is fucking great. Watch it all if you want but I fucking love that scene it's hilarious.

It makes it so much better, oh god.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #622 on: January 17, 2008, 11:55:55 PM »
The funniest thing EVER happened at work today. I was on a call with an elderly lady, and I read her the media question (we have to make sure nobody in their household is employed in the media industry, so they won't crazily bias the survey). After I asked her, she told me she worked for a local radio station, which meant I couldn't continue on with the call. I went to the screen with the text you're supposed to read in the event that happens, but instead of reading it, I tried to make up something better to say. This is what I said. And god knows why I said it.

"We are sorry to inform you that since someone in your household is in the media industry, we must destroy this call." And then I just kind of thought about what the hell I just said, while she paused a few seconds and then hung up.

Needless to say, the people on either side of me heard that and gave me a funny look, and then started laughing. I literally couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes, it was awesome.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 18, 2008, 01:02:43 AM »
A girl at my school works for s telemarketer place. (i guess you can work at those places at 16) She says people say crazy stuff all the time. Like some really fat dude in the cubicle got all excited and said something like "do you like it when i rub my nipples?" really loud. it turns out he wasn't really on the phone with a customer and it was a joke, but it was funny as hell, especially since the girl did the motion he did and rubbed her own nipples.

yeah she's a cool chick

Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #624 on: January 18, 2008, 03:15:09 AM »
So I finally decided to start doing some additional Firefox customization (i.e. killing the menu bar, putting the menu functions I actually need -- add-ons screen and options menu mainly -- into a small icon, dumping my bookmark toolbar icons on my navigation bar, etc).  Wow, what a difference.

I'm also messing with this split window extension.  Pretty handy.

"We are sorry to inform you that since someone in your household is in the media industry, we must destroy this call."

Oh wow. XD  Nice.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #625 on: January 18, 2008, 04:00:23 AM »
I'm also messing with this split window extension.  Pretty handy.

Oh wow. XD  Nice.

Ehh? What's this all about?

So uh

apparently I broke Firefox bookmarks. My bookmark file is still there in the Mozilla folder, and it still shows all of my bookmarks, but I guess I have too many or something since it suddenly stopped showing anything that's not in a folder. Admittedly I do have an absolutely retarded bookmark list, but I don't know why it suddenly stopped working when I added a few more. (Stupidly large being 767kb bookmark file, which is just links and plain text.)

I've heard of firefox breaking bookmarks before. In fact, Ive experienced it a long time ago, I think you should go check out bugzilla and see if there's a fix for it, or learn a bit more about it. My Bookmarks file is 74k right now, lol. How on earth did you get 767k of bookmarks? Did you bookmark every page you've ever been on?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #626 on: January 18, 2008, 04:08:28 AM »
Ehh? What's this all about?

I don't remember exactly what it's called, but if you search for "split browsing" on addons.mozilla.com you should be able to find it.  It's kinda cool.

I've heard of firefox breaking bookmarks before. In fact, Ive experienced it a long time ago

The only time I had a problem was when I bookmarked an HTML file on a network share (to be more specific, I linked my laptop to the bookmarks.htm file on my desktop system).  For reasons unknown to me, it attempted to read that file every time the browser opened (for a favicon, maybe?) and if my system were off (RARE) or I were on a different network (common, since I was going to college at the time) it would literally take Firefox two minutes to start up because it waited until it timed out.

Very weird behavior.

How on earth did you get 767k of bookmarks? Did you bookmark every page you've ever been on?

The one on my laptop has a 188KB bookmark file and I don't have too much stuff in here.  My desktop system has...400KB of bookmarks?  Something around there, anyway.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #627 on: January 18, 2008, 04:19:05 AM »
I checked out the split browsing.. That's awesome, I could probably use FF across both monitors at once now. That guy also has a whole crapload of addons he made. I like his XHTML Ruby support addon, that's something that doesn't get enough attention (Furiugana (to the japanese, anyway), to anyone who doesn't know what Ruby is.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #628 on: January 18, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »
Yeah, I haven't checked out his other add-ons yet.  I'm just going to run with what I have so far to see how it works for me.

It's really weird, I never noticed how much room a standard set of toolbars and menus take up.  Here's what I have it down to right now:

It went from lawd know how many pixels to a mere 82, including the title bar.  Even on a screen with 1200 vertical pixels that made a noticeable difference, and by that I mean that I don't really even notice the bars up there anymore.

I'm currently using the Kempelton theme, which seems to go pretty nicely with the XP Media Center/Energy Blue look.

Also, nice user group, Bobbias. ;)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #629 on: January 18, 2008, 05:14:44 AM »
Haha, nice. I didn't even notice.

It's kinda funny because in most forums, I can's get anywhere NEAR the top posters, yet here, I post like, 9+ posts a day, average (and that includes days where I don't post many, or at all...)

W00t, I also get a custom user color XD awesome.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x