Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465819 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #660 on: January 19, 2008, 12:05:31 AM »
Well, I enjoy stepmania and all the other games by seeing if I can do better than my last score. It's not competitive with other people, but with myself. I'm always looking to get better, and I enjoy seeing myself get better.

That's just how I am, and why I can't stand easy stuff. It's well, boring, if a song isn't enough of a challenge for me to have trouble doing well, then it's not fun for me.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 19, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »
I was surprised when my friend bought it. Seems like a hell of a lot of money to be shelling out for a party game. Any game for that matter, shit I'm bummed because I don;t think I can get brawl and NMH as soon as they come out.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 19, 2008, 01:03:12 AM »
Yeah, I think the guitar tracks are easy, but the drum parts definately aren't. Fleshy, unless you play drums for real, good luck. Being a music gamer myself, I figured "yeah, I can deal with 5 notes at a time, whatever." and jumped straight into hard. I failed so fast it wasn't even funny.

But Rock Band definately isn't a fun game to play by yourself. Unless you have three or four people to play with on a regular basis, I wouldn't recommend getting it, but if you do, it's impossibly awesome. I definately agree with Eggman, just because a game is easy doesn't mean it sucks. Look at Audiosurf, I picked up playing Ninja Mono in approximately 30 seconds, and proceeded to start setting high scores on things. Doesn't stop it from being one of the funnest games I've played in recent memory.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 19, 2008, 01:05:49 AM »
Yeah, I think the guitar tracks are easy, but the drum parts definately aren't. Fleshy, unless you play drums for real, good luck. Being a music gamer myself, I figured "yeah, I can deal with 5 notes at a time, whatever." and jumped straight into hard. I failed so fast it wasn't even funny.

But Rock Band definately isn't a fun game to play by yourself. Unless you have three or four people to play with on a regular basis, I wouldn't recommend getting it, but if you do, it's impossibly awesome. I definately agree with Eggman, just because a game is easy doesn't mean it sucks. Look at Audiosurf, I picked up playing Ninja Mono in approximately 30 seconds, and proceeded to start setting high scores on things. Doesn't stop it from being one of the funnest games I've played in recent memory.

Audiosurf, help me get it! I'm retarded and don't know what to do to get it to work!

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #664 on: January 19, 2008, 01:22:23 AM »
Heh, my car's battery died tonight. Me and my girlfriend decided to park in a parking lot for a few hours and just "listen to music". Needless to say, I left the AC on and my zune playing (although it was barely audible) and when I tried to turn my car on at like 10:30, it was shafted. I felt goofy calling her parents to ask them for a jump (in the middle of a dark parking lot), but we gave them the excuse that we were listening to music and it somehow worked.

Regardless, I had a great night. And tomorrow I get to learn how to teach people English at my library. Woo, volunteering!

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 19, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »
I can't decide if that whole scenario is good or bad. :3

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #666 on: January 19, 2008, 02:01:03 AM »
Part of audiosurf is that it's different, it's totally new, and you can use any song on your computer.

While I do play the occasional easy song in stepmania or O2Jam just because they're fun, most of them aren't fun for me because I don't like the song, or it's just too easy, and being easy just doesn't bring me any enjoyment. I mean, when I play o2jam, I play anything between about a 15 or 16 to 33's or so. That's a lot of music, and some of the 16s are pretty easy, but if I play it and it's easy, it's because it's good, and it's actually fun. I don't have as much fun with something like GH because I'm not at the same sort of skill level.

Plus, I find I get bored of games that are so limited with the number of songs available. I love playing stepmania, and O2Jam because both of them have 600+ songs available for me to play.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »
I have 102 songs in Rock Band right now and by year's end, I should have 310 or so.

Argh it's very cold outside. -10 with a windchill of -30.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #668 on: January 19, 2008, 03:21:05 AM »
Nice work on the FF customization. About the only thing I really want is a "save state" thing where I can just take a snapshot of the state it's in and come back to that later, like a bookmark.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4199

Opera does that : )

So does Firefox...

It'll do it without an extension, even, but you can't do it selectively that way.

my zune

Imma have to take a look at it, sire.  I've been looking for a good portable music player and I heard that they made the Zunes pretty nice after the last update was released.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to save things without using FF's default mechanism, if I wanted to do that, I'd just end task it, which usually does the trick.

I'm talking about saving them in their own savestate, like when you're playing an emulator, and you use the savestate feature. You usually have slots in which you can save your state, and load from each one at a different state. That's what I'm talking about.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »
Also, playing Expert guitar while singing is not easy.

See it's weird, because whenever I see a singer of a band playing guitar as well it's fairly impressive, but when I see an instrumentless singer sitting and doing nothing during a musical interlude he looks lazy to me.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
I'm talking about saving them in their own savestate, like when you're playing an emulator, and you use the savestate feature. You usually have slots in which you can save your state, and load from each one at a different state. That's what I'm talking about.

search moar: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2324

:P

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 19, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »
holy goddamn shit it's snowing in georgia

i just went sledding, had some snowball fights (at one point, a goddamn pickup truck pulled up and started pounding on us, it was pretty fucking weird), got my lip busted open in snow football, i can't feel my left index finger, etc.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #673 on: January 19, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
It's hot and humid in Tampa, heh.

I've seen enough snow in my life that I don't really mind, though.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 19, 2008, 07:58:39 PM »
FUUUUUUUCK my glasses broke.

Damn you eyes! I can barely make out what I'm typing.