Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 479724 times)

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #720 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
PLAAAAAAAAAY IT

Also: Heath Ledger. Shit sucks.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #722 on: January 22, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »
PLAAAAAAAAAY IT

Also: Heath Ledger. Shit sucks.

My girlfriend was all sad when she found out about that. She apparently really liked him as an actor. I asked her if he was the guy who played Batman, and she was like, "what."

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Blue0ctane

« Reply #723 on: January 23, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
Fuck my school. What kind of public school takes away late passes? No more late passes are given. Teachers cannot give you a late pass if they asked you to stay after class anymore. Oh, and if you are late ONCE, you get detention.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2008, 02:28:32 AM »
So I splashed myself with solder today.  Twice.

Then I proceeded to bridge a capacitor.  With my hand.  I have to say, low amperage, low voltage, DC electric shocks are weird as hell.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2008, 02:36:32 AM »
Any sort of electrical shock is ridiculously strange. I don't approve of that feeling whatsoever.

PS 777get for you, Spec.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #726 on: January 23, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
YAY, 777 GET!

...shit! =(

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 23, 2008, 04:18:20 AM »
doesn't make a bit of difference
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #728 on: January 23, 2008, 04:33:07 AM »
So I splashed myself with solder today.  Twice.

Then I proceeded to bridge a capacitor.  With my hand.  I have to say, low amperage, low voltage, DC electric shocks are weird as hell.

Hmm, never got one of those before. I've gotten HIGH voltage, low amperage DC shocks (Tesla Coil, through the entire Physics class, who were holding hands, and (relatively) low voltage higher amperage AC shocks from a house circuit (THAT was NOT pleasant).

I've also accidentally touched the hot metal part (not the tip, but the shaft of the iron) on a soldering iron, by accident. That hurt like a bitch.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #729 on: January 23, 2008, 05:37:28 AM »
Low amperage, low voltage shocks (I think it was low voltage...not sure what its peak was, but when I measured it, after getting shocked mind you, it it was in the 200s and discharging) are strange in that you don't feel them much at all.  Pretty much all I remember was feeling my arm spasm very slightly (glad it wasn't too bad, since I was holding a hot soldering iron at the time) -- almost like it was vibrating -- then backing away in complete surprise and saying "what the hell just happened?"  It didn't hurt at all for the first few minutes.  After that I started getting just simple cramps in my upper arm and shoulder, and my arm was shaky enough that I had to stop what I was doing (desoldering wires) for a few minutes.  I felt kind of weird for...two hours, maybe?  I feel perfectly fine now, aside from minor cramps.

Getting splashed with solder is nothing like getting burned by the iron, though.  I ended up getting a quick burn with a soldering iron and, from the look of it, it was pretty much a second degree burn from less than a second of exposure.  And I disagree; it doesn't hurt like a bitch...it hurts like fuck.

Solder cools pretty quickly when it's not under the iron.  If you get hit by a tiny droplet you're going to feel a minor sting, but it won't even leave a mark...it'll just make you yip a bit.  I don't know about a larger blob of it.  To be perfectly frank, I don't want a raindrop of molten solder hitting me.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #730 on: January 23, 2008, 06:23:57 AM »
Haha, yes, it does hurt like fuck.

In less than a second of exposure, it was enough to make the skin on my finger tip start to blister. It was a small blister, and disappeared within a couple minutes, but after about 2 seconds you could see that the upper layer of skin had separated and become white, which is the indication of the beginning of a blister (Not the first time I've been blistered by burns)

Tesla coil shocks are much the same as what you described. There was actually less vibration and more of a tingle in my case, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. Of course, it didn't cause any muscle pain or anything.

However, AC house current shocks are a different beast entirely. I could feel my arm pulsing with the current, and my hand was stuck clenching the side of the socket. I was crouched down, so on instinct, I fell backwards and my hand came off the socket, but it scared the crap out of me, because I wasn't expecting it. The first time I did that it was my own fault for not being careful (We were painting, a socket was sticking out of the wall, and I was paining near it, and wanted to move it, but I just happened to grab the screws on either side), but the second time wasn't (We were working in the basement of the place we were fixing up, the power had been off there earlier, and the lights were all off, I was fixing some of the wall socket wiring and stuff, and grabbed one, only to find out someone had turned the fucking power on.)

They are scary shit, because you know exactly what's happening right away. It's not something that ou can kinda go "hmm, what's this?" It's more like "Oh fuck, I'm being electrocuted!"

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 23, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »
You and your silly electronics soldering. I've been hit by splashes of solder coming off of copper pipe that I'm soldering with an acetylene torch. I've also been hit (luckily through the jeans) with silver-phosphorus solder at ~1100 degrees while brazing a pipe. Boy, that felt good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #732 on: January 23, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
What were you doing all that for?

Oh, and my friend ended up with part of the lead on a welding machine in his hand after his grandfather slapped the other side of the truck he was welding. That looked painful as fuck.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:37 PM »
i touched the metal part of my ipod->computer connector and i got this weird tingly feeling in my finger and it sort of hurt after a while but not enough to stop me from trying again to see if it was persistent (it was)

so that's basically the worst i've gotten shocked

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 23, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »
I got shocked by a joke buzzer pen once
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/