Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 465992 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #750 on: January 26, 2008, 12:08:48 AM »
I'm totally going to buy NMH tomorrow after band practice. I've been looking forward to that game for months, and I have a target gift card with the exact value of a $49.99 Wii game on it that I'm gonna use to buy it. 8)

Also, today (well, yesterday now, the 25th) is/was my birthday. I'm 17 now. Woo. Got about $400 from friends and family. I had a party that adjourned a little bit ago, was really fun. Now I get to wake up in 7 hours to go to band practice for another 8 hours. There goes another chunk of my life.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 26, 2008, 12:36:42 AM »
I got fired from Borders for cheating their rewards program to keep my percentage up. It never gave money or credit to anyone though so it's not a theft issue at least. They shouldn't fight my application for unemployment then.

It's annoying but I figured they wanted to get rid of me anyway since I was being paid more than everyone else and was going to be getting another raise in April.

Oh well. I have a lot of options now.

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 26, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »
hey s.net

download gogol bordello- super taranta

also hostess muffin packs are fucking delicious

peace

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 26, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »
Hah, that sucks. How exactly did you cheat their rewards system?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 26, 2008, 01:10:30 AM »
The registers have a Borders Rewards look up key. If someone didn't have it, I'd quick hit it and type in a random phone number and just hit enter so it would always be some random person. Apparently I used the phone number 787-8787 too many times lol

Also I clocked in before they fired me but did not clock out (just forgot I guess) so I guess I'm currently clocked in forever!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:12:06 AM by Eggman »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #755 on: January 26, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »
Take the picture, just take random photos and look at them to see if there's any potential.  Scouting for locations is one of the more tedious parts of photography (I dont take photos to find something, I Just visit the same place like 10 times until I find something good).

My problem now is that I don't have my own car; it's shared four ways.  This'll be a lot easier to do when I get back to Ohio, Maryland, or wherever the hell I'm going to wind up.  I'm pretty much stuck here, unfortunately.

Expansive photos are really hard to photograph. From what you described, you were probably trying to photograph the pond using 18mm to try and get everything in, but as you continue to photograph, you start to realize that you really need to focus on one thing at time.

I was at 55mm, trying to focus on a fountain near the end of it, actually.  The parking lot kind of cheapened it, really.  If the other side of the pond is hotel property I'll probably try to walk whenever I get a chance since the fountain is pretty close to that end.  We'll see how it goes.  Regardless, there are plenty of trails that I want to cover when I get back to Struthers, either when I get back (if the weather is fair) or in the spring/summer if I'm there for those seasons.

I got fired from Borders for cheating their rewards program to keep my percentage up.

Damn, that sucks. :(

Any idea where you're going to head next?
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 26, 2008, 02:21:42 AM »
Culinary school probably. I've always wanted to and now I've got a reason to go for it.

For now, it's time to rest. I've got plenty of money so taking some time to re-evaluate things is no problem.

Pretty much everyone I've talked has been really supportive. My mom and dad were actually happy about it because they knew I was getting treated prettily crappily considering the amount of effort I was putting in.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #757 on: January 26, 2008, 02:35:33 AM »
Culinary school probably. I've always wanted to and now I've got a reason to go for it.

Whoa, nice.  Don't forget about us after you become a famous chef, m'kay? ;)

But seriously, that's pretty cool.  Definitely not something I can see myself doing, haha.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #758 on: January 26, 2008, 03:05:51 AM »
Nice to hear it's not the end of the world. :P
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 26, 2008, 03:49:33 AM »
I've got all of my friends from work on facebook and they were all I really cared about so yeah, definitely not the end of the world.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
Fair warning, since I've been through some culinary school. It's a loooot less fun then it initially sounds. I mean, it's still cool being able to cook all kinds of different things, but unless you're really, REALLY sure it's what you want to do, it's a ton of work, especially if your teacher isn't a nice guy.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
Playin skate. and listening to the DK. YEA!
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #762 on: January 27, 2008, 12:40:10 AM »
Practice today wasn't terribly bad. I went to Target afterwards to look for No More Heroes, but they didn't have it yet :(

Also, the marching band banquet was tonight. That was pretty fun. Went to my friend's house afterwards with a few other people, we all watched Pan's Labyrinth. What a crazy movie. It was pretty good though. Then I kicked everyone there's asses at pool :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 27, 2008, 04:07:51 AM »
Jesus Marching band? Marching band finished for me like...at the end of football season? Rofl.

Mine wasn't anything special. We just took first place in the BOA Southwest regionals and won all caption awards along with 1st place in qualifiers. After making a jump from the previous year where they got 7th place (I wasn't at this school at the time...maybe they won because I am now :P).

Anyways...SATs this morning. It was 8-1. 10 sections of ugh. Also considering I didn't have a calculator I didn't do great on the math portion probably. Oh well I have another year to take it. Gotta do ACTs now.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #764 on: January 27, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »
Yeah, band finished at the end of football season for me too. We just wait until late January to have the banquet and remember how cool we were a few months ago.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE