Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 479871 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #810 on: January 31, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »
That would explain it, but Meet the Spartans is still doing damn good. I can't understand why anyone would see that movie.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #811 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »
That would explain it, but Meet the Spartans is still doing damn good. I can't understand why anyone would see that movie.

Yeah, I think I'd rather be hit in the head with a baseball bat than watch that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 31, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
Hahaha, I just installed it on a teeny little partition just to screw around with and do my C++ homework on, because I really hate Visual Studio. BUT CUBE DESKTOP HOLY SHIT AHGDSFSLKDGJLKSDJFLSKGFDGSDFLG

I used the cube desktop for a while, but I ended up turning it off. I still use the "wobbly windows" thing, though.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #813 on: January 31, 2008, 10:55:05 PM »
Hahaha, I just installed it on a teeny little partition just to screw around with and do my C++ homework on, because I really hate Visual Studio.

I love Visual Studio.  I have yet to use an IDE that compares to it in terms of environment flexibility, ease of debugging, and tool/language integration.

You can also use gcc in Windows, y'know.  Look up MSYS/MinGW and Cygwin.

Also, if you've never used Borland C++Builder, you haven't used a bad IDE.  I get chills just thinking about it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 31, 2008, 11:37:12 PM »
Borland more like...Bore Land ahahahaha

oh god I need play more No More Heroes.

I think I've gotten sick of Burnout Paradise. It takes 40 wins to get my Burnout License and I'm missing 2 events and it just takes foreeeeeever to do anything. And stunt runs are impossible unless you get the one exact line across the city and not screw it up at all. And the AI on cars in Marked Man runs is like Smuggler's Run (in other words, retarded jack rabbits).

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 01, 2008, 02:36:33 AM »
I'm sure Visual Studio is awesome, if you actually have sort of an idea what you're doing. I personally have not a freaking clue how to use 95% of the features there, and gcc is entirely sufficient. Plus, I am taking a class in Linux as well, so having Ubuntu installed gives me something to fiddle around with outside of the computer labs.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #816 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:26 AM »
Borland more like...Bore Land ahahahaha

*facepalm*

I'm sure Visual Studio is awesome, if you actually have sort of an idea what you're doing. I personally have not a freaking clue how to use 95% of the features there, and gcc is entirely sufficient.

If you're just doing quick, single-file projects, Visual Studio is absolute overkill.  That would be sort of like using AutoCad to draw a square.

I would probably look into MSYS/MinGW or Cygwin, just in case you need to do some quick work while you're still booted into Windows.  It would also enable you to easily cross-compile, building a Win32 EXE of your program with zero effort.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 01, 2008, 05:22:15 AM »
So yeah, after playing No More Heroes from the midpoint through to the end in one sitting today, I have realized that it'll probably be one of the best games of this entire generation, if not of all time. At least, as long as you don't go all "ARGH I AM HARDCORE GAMER I MUST ANALYZE UR GRAPHICZ AND EVERYTING MUST BE TECHNICALLY PERFEKT."

I don't think I've laughed or had so much fun with a game in a long time. Even more than God Hand.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 02, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »
I now have basically everything I need to record music.  Expect some vnholy blvkk metal from me soon.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #819 on: February 02, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »
I now have basically everything I need to record music.  Expect some vnholy blvkk metal from me soon.

w00t.

*facepalm*
He's learning from me :P

If you're just doing quick, single-file projects, Visual Studio is absolute overkill.  That would be sort of like using AutoCad to draw a square.

I would probably look into MSYS/MinGW or Cygwin, just in case you need to do some quick work while you're still booted into Windows.  It would also enable you to easily cross-compile, building a Win32 EXE of your program with zero effort.
Visual studio is so damn good. I've tried others, and love how you can just start coding right away, and it has so damn many extra tools.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 02, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »
From the little coding I've done (the most complicated project I've ever made in C++ was a Windows Forms program that read txt files sooo), Visual Studio is excellent. It has some quirks though, so you might have to change some stuff around if you're doing examples from a general C++ book or something.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 02, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 03, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »
Okay, so I ended up doing the actual project in a computer lab, where ubuntu wasn't installed, and was forced to use visual studio, and I take back my initial statements of how terrible it is, to some extent. I still think it's horrible overkill for what we're doing in the class, but I really liked the ability to compile and run the program about 300 times just on the fly, and putting in breaks to check stuff was really convenient.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #823 on: February 03, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
Yeah. I've used various versions of Visual Studio over the years and have to say it's probably the best IDE I've ever used. If there is one thing I would say Microsoft did properly, it's that. It's kinda overkill, but honestly, I'd rather use that then have to make do with something like notepad and a command line compiler...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #824 on: February 03, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »
So yeah, after playing No More Heroes from the midpoint through to the end in one sitting today, I have realized that it'll probably be one of the best games of this entire generation, if not of all time. At least, as long as you don't go all "ARGH I AM HARDCORE GAMER I MUST ANALYZE UR GRAPHICZ AND EVERYTING MUST BE TECHNICALLY PERFEKT."

I don't think I've laughed or had so much fun with a game in a long time. Even more than God Hand.

Yeah, I bought that game the other day and I've been having tons of fun with it. I love how you have to use the Wiimote as a phone when you get calls. That game's so great.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE