Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming  (Read 477304 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Lame Replies Thread, The Second Coming
« Reply #870 on: February 09, 2008, 06:50:30 AM »
I'm not much of a fan of ear buds either, most of the ones I've used don't fit my ears properly. One ear is larger than the other,, so if they fit the larger one, it's painful in my other, and if it fits the smaller one, it barely stays in my other ear. Plus, headphones/earbuds never last in this house. The last couple ones I've had were broken by my brother, too.. I've been keeping decent care of the stuff I gt, but he manages to break them in a week or 2 after he starts using them.

I had a fucking $50 headset that worked well for about 6 weeks, maybe, maybe a bit longer, but after that, my brother managed to fuck it up so that I had to prop the cable up with the mic, and then the mic on it died, and then the whole thing died.

Arg.

Anyway, I hope the sens work out for you.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #871 on: February 09, 2008, 07:38:17 AM »
They've been working out pretty well.  They're about as comfortable as my phone headset (which are some of the most comfortable buds I've used...stereo, too, shame my phone isn't exactly the loudest music player in existence).  I've pretty much had them in for six hours straight -- plugged into my DS, PSP, and laptop -- and listening to a lot of audio with no issues.  The breakaway connector requires a bit more force to sever than I'd like, but I don't typically have a problem with snags (I usually run headphone cords down my shirt when I'm doing anything but sitting in one location).

The breakaway connector is going to be nice when I'm at work/school.  If I ever have to leave my station I can unplug from the breakaway connector and not have to worry about music blaring out of my laptop's speakers (since it cuts off the internals when there is conductance in the port itself, like everything else) and I won't have to take the buds out of my ears, put them in, etc etc.  Another nice thing about the lanyard design that it uses is that I won't have to worry about the buds getting ripped out of my ears if a snag should occur.  The force would go around the back of my neck instead.  Needless to say, that is definitely preferable to getting my ears ripped off.

Durability isn't much of an issue with me because I'm borderline paranoid about my things.  I don't have to worry about anyone breaking it, either; no siblings and all that to worry about.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #872 on: February 09, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
Yeah, well, he's beginning to turn me paranoid, lol. If I can find a place that ships those things to canada, I might buy them, I've been looking for a decent pair of headphones that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, plus, I really like all the features those have. Hopefully they'll fit nicely if I get them.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 09, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
I didn't upload the game, Kenzya gave me the link. Thanks for the tip about drop, I'll probably use that from now on, looks really nice.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 09, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »
Everybody buy these

audio problems solved.  I've had these for over 6 months, and never have I owned a headset with such quality to it. I love these.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #875 on: February 09, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
How good are the upper level sony's? Most sony's I've had were cheap, except 1 pair. That was a $40 set that were designed differently, with a neck band and something to wrap around your ear, with the "bud" facing directly into your ear on an angle, rather than straight in. (can't figure out what they were called or anything, this is all from memory). They sounded pretty good, (essentially like a better version of all the cheap headphones I've had), but they were definitely better than regular headphones, since they didn't have the usual "over the head" design (my head's too small for those things). They were about the best headphones I've had, but they could have had much better quality sound.

I've been thinking of either getting a decent pair of Sens, or possibly some Grado's.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #876 on: February 09, 2008, 11:39:06 PM »
Earbuds are really bad for you ears, so I try not to use them, ever.  I use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G7ML40?smid=AWUTMJ84TDNVA&tag=cnet-ce-20&linkCode=asn

Mine are slightly different, though.  I haven't noticed any sound leakage but I don't turn my volume up to ear-destructive levels, either.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #877 on: February 10, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »
Well, as bad as it is, I still listen to stuff really loud at times. Not so much any more, considering my hearing is so damaged that I can't hear above 12.5 khz or so. My hearing loss is noticeable in normal life at times now. If my mom has the TV down so my dad can sleep, and not hear it, it is barely audible for me. I either have to strain to hear it, or turn on the closed captioning :/

I'm still as sensitive as I was before, able to pick out detailed sounds and such, but I need things a bit louder, that's all.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #878 on: February 10, 2008, 04:16:11 AM »
Earbuds are really bad for you ears, so I try not to use them, ever.

They're no worse than any other headphone, you just have to be more careful not to blast them.

You can just as easily damage your ears with a car stereo system.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #879 on: February 10, 2008, 07:45:18 AM »
On a related note, cars are actually one of the best places to listen to music. Their design makes them sound WAY better than most other places you could listen to music.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 10, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
Assuming you have a good car stereo system, which I don't.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #881 on: February 10, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
Actually, Spectere, earbuds not only are dangerous when loud, but they make a lot of shit grow in your ears (ie bacteria) if you don't properly clean them at frequent intervals, apparently.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 10, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »
Actually, Spectere, earbuds not only are dangerous when loud, but they make a lot of shit grow in your ears (ie bacteria) if you don't properly clean them at frequent intervals, apparently.

Oh wow, I thought it was bad because they are close to your ear drum. Good thing I clean my ears like once a day. Also the only places I listen to music is with headphones on or in my car, so I'm going to turn my stereo down now.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 10, 2008, 02:27:17 PM »
Good thing I upgraded my speakers from stock to some nice Pioneers.  WOO go me.

Bobbias, if you were to consider my sony's 'high end', I think they're quite excellent, the bass never gets muddy or fuzzy, and all sound ranges I've put thru it have been perfectly fine. Highly recommended
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

flesy

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 10, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »
hi kulli