Author Topic: The "Post Your Desktop" Thread  (Read 91894 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: The "Post Your Desktop" Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2008, 10:49:33 PM »
'Tis a shoop. There's also an :awesome: face on the top of the cake.

Wait....I don't see....OH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
Just changed my stuff up.  The image on my right monitor makes me lol quite consistently:

(click to enlarge; 3200x1200, ~299KB)
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2008, 03:10:55 AM »
rage = blue shell

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »
rage = blue shell

Exactly.  But hey, at least Bowser's cool.

Also, AIR RAID SIREN.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
Would you be kind enough to upload the left wallpaper? The colors really pop on my monitor, but being saved as jpg makes the quality suck.

:>

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
Well, you could download the one he linked to, crop it, and save as a PNG. That would save it from getting mangled by the shitty jpg output in paint.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »
Well, you could download the one he linked to, crop it, and save as a PNG. That would save it from getting mangled by the shitty jpg output in paint.

No offense bobbias, but obviously. Not only that, but I'd not like to have to not deal with the desktop icons.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »
I'd forgotten about that, but there isn't much damage done to that version... Now, saving a jpg as a jpg again in paint WILL quickly make things look like ass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2008, 01:39:54 AM »
Would you be kind enough to upload the left wallpaper? The colors really pop on my monitor, but being saved as jpg makes the quality suck.

Sure, here you go: http://files.spectere.net/pictures/wallpapers/not_mine/bowsermkw_1920.jpg

It goes amazingly well with any dark theme.  I'd recommend using the Zune theme if you're still running XP.

I threw a bunch of widescreen wallpapers in that folder as well, all 1920x1200 I believe.  This isn't my complete collection but they are some of the better ones.  Feel free to browse through them at your leisure: http://files.spectere.net/index.php?dir=pictures/wallpapers/not_mine/.  I'll probably add to it periodically, so bookmark it if interested.

Well, you could download the one he linked to, crop it, and save as a PNG.

Uh...the image that I uploaded already lost a fuckton of quality simply from me making it download-friendly.  Besides, it's not a huge deal for me to upload an image. <_<

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2008, 02:05:06 AM »

Also, AIR RAID SIREN.

To bad it's not one of the Old Guy from Pheniox Wright...I would have died laughing if you did have on like that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2008, 02:09:09 AM »
Uh...the image that I uploaded already lost a fuckton of quality simply from me making it download-friendly.

I noticed after seeing the original :/ I'm way too used to seeing jpeg artifacts in my images that unless one has been re-encoded with paint once or twice, I barely notice it unless I see the original.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2008, 04:20:19 AM »
To bad it's not one of the Old Guy from Pheniox Wright...I would have died laughing if you did have on like that.

I played through the first Phoenix Wright twice, okay.  I don't want to look at von Karma anymore. :P  Also, him holding the taser is definitely a superior image.

I noticed after seeing the original :/ I'm way too used to seeing jpeg artifacts in my images that unless one has been re-encoded with paint once or twice, I barely notice it unless I see the original.

Ah, yeah, good point.

JPEG artifacts annoy the shit out of me to the point where I wouldn't even use a wallpaper if they were visible at 100% magnification.  I get annoyed by pretty much any visual artifact (hence the reason I prefer PNGs for all of the images I save locally).  Streaming video is generally just "tolerable" for me -- I much prefer to download things at a higher quality whenever possible.  Perfect example: when the Angry Video Game Nerd videos all moved over to GameTrailers I started to get a little giddy simply because I had the option of downloading higher-quality WMVs instead of dealing with YouTube and/or Revver.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2008, 04:38:45 AM »

Too many god damned desktop icons.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
Dude, don't even talk about "too many icons", My left screen is full, and my right screen has space for one more icon.

Streaming video is generally just "tolerable" for me -- I much prefer to download things at a higher quality whenever possible.

I tried downloading some AMVs in 1920x1080 because it was available. Unfortunately, my computer actually couldn't play them fast enough :/ Yes, I'm getting AMVs so big they are bigger than my entire screen, because I'm practically obsessed with video quality. I also like to make custom ffdshow profiles for different videos and such.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
Yes, I'm getting AMVs so big they are bigger than my entire screen, because I'm practically obsessed with video quality.

Eh, the way monitors are going nowadays it never hurts to have the extra resolution.  Considering that even store-bought OEM systems are shipping with 21+" displays nowadays (most seem to at least support 1650x1050 from what I've seen) it's not going to be long before they're mainstream.  Whenever I find wallpapers at 2560x1600 (rare, generally you only see that with photographs) I just leave it as-is and scale it down appropriately.  I collected 1600x1200 wallpapers before I even had a monitor that was capable of using that resolution for the same reason -- because there's no point in downloading the lower resolution image if you have broadband and a decent amount of hard drive space.