Author Topic: The "Post Your Desktop" Thread  (Read 91877 times)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: The "Post Your Desktop" Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
I'm not a car nut by any means, but I've taken a decent interest in them.  I blame my dad and my uncle.  At least a third of the TV programming they watch has to do with cars.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »

Yeah, I know, i'm awesome.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
Wow, Fedora doesn't suck anymore.  By that I mean that I didn't have to modify half as much as I would if I actually wanted to make Ubuntu useful.  Fedora supports exotic things such as the ability to change your IP address out of the box*, with no modification or Debian-esque h4x-jobs.  What a concept!

God dammit, I can't keep up this sarcasm anymore.  Even fucking Windows 3.1 let you change the fucking IP without giving you any bullshit.  Fuck Ubuntu and its feeble attempt at hand-holding.

In all seriousness, Fedora has come a long way since I last used it (FC9, I think?).  I certainly don't feel dirty using it as a staging environment like I am now.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of what I have going on now (clicky to enlarge, per usual):

*I am not shitting you.  There were several Ubuntu releases that would not retain your network settings unless you went in, uninstalled NetworkManager, and vim'd /etc/network/interfaces.  If I wanted to use Debian, I'd use fucking Debian.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2010, 04:40:49 AM »
Picture attached because I'm too lazy to use photobucket.

I finally installed Fences, and man is it useful.

EDIT: Also, pain's jpeg compressions sucks BALLS.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »

Check out my leet temp gauges. Also I goddamn love that wallpaper, mostly because you can notice the texture of the canvas it's painted on.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2010, 02:57:31 AM »
Fuck yeah Calvin and Hobbes.  Also, fuck yeah to almost all of the games on your desktop.  You have good taste, my friend.  Needs moar Deus Ex.

Anyhoo, here's my laptop.  I think the last screenshot I posted from it was when it was still running XP, so here ya go (clickie to enlarge):

I went all MSPA on its ass.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2010, 05:34:40 AM »
I have it somewhere. Funny how I play less then half of the games on there now.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
Crapton of icons, lol. Fences is an awesome addon though! Really, you can keep so much more on your desktop (or available by scrolling a small scrollbar down a bit), and keep it organized as well. Plus, it doesn't actually add any invisible folders or anything, so all those extra files are still in the desktop folder.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
Crapton of icons, lol. Fences is an awesome addon though! Really, you can keep so much more on your desktop (or available by scrolling a small scrollbar down a bit), and keep it organized as well. Plus, it doesn't actually add any invisible folders or anything, so all those extra files are still in the desktop folder.

Looks handy.  Kind of looks like the desktop folder view feature that KDE4 has.

I'd probably use it if I could actually see my desktop.  I just use the taskbar for everything. :x  Honestly, if the Windows 7 taskbar had an option to put folders directly on it, I'd probably use that in lieu of everything else.  Hmm, perhaps I should write something that does that...

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
I really am liking having two monitors, even if one of them has a backlight that's close to failing.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:49:00 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
The background itself is worth clicking the picture for.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2010, 03:17:58 AM »
My current, uh, desktop (click to enlarge):

I love how I can upload directly to Imgur from an iDevice. :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:21:23 AM by Spectere »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2010, 04:07:43 AM »
casual

CASUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS.

but that is a massively handy way to organize your shit. Most iPhones are just pages and pages of random things.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2010, 10:45:37 AM »
CASUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS.

YEP!

but that is a massively handy way to organize your shit. Most iPhones are just pages and pages of random things.

Yep.  iOS 4 introduced a pretty neat-o folder view.  Before that, you either had to designate certain pages for certain tasks (what I used to do on my work iPhone 3G) or jailbreak it and use something like CategoriesSB (what I currently do on my work iPhone 3G, since I'm still running 3.1.3 on it).  The biggest problem is that, without jailbreaking, you can only stuff 12 icons in each folder.  I can see what Apple was trying to do (offer a way to see everything in a folder given the available screen size, without scrolling) but it's kind of annoying.  The Internet and Puzzle folders on my iPod are full, so if I wanted to put more apps in those categories I'd have to create new folders.

Android had folders since forever, but they sucked then and they suck now (which seems to be the case with a lot of things with Android -- polish is not one of its strong points).  I tried to organize the games that I have on my G1 into folders, but the only two operations that you can do on folders after they're created is drag things into them, drag things out of them, and rename the folders.  You are unable to change the arrangement of icons in folders, and if you're as anal as I am about keeping everything alphabetized, that's a major problem.  To keep a folder alphabetized, I literally have to drag everything out of the folder and then drag everything back into the folder in the order that I want.  With iOS, you just drag the icons around the same way you do on the home screen.  Funny how a concept as basic as rearranging icons has been overlooked in 7 major releases of Android.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Yeah, google seems to be rather lacking in doing nice things for their users... Sure, they bitch about what shade of blue to use, and they are constantly working on improving their search (and yeah, I like the latest version of those pages) but anywhere else they seem to basically have no channel to communicate with the users, and just seem to basically ignore them (I'm looking at you youtube, and your damned ridiculous random video removal with no way to even contact anyone about it...)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x