Author Topic: imma eat all the pokemans  (Read 22196 times)

Grey Knight

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pal Codes + Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 05:08:50 PM »
This means you must make a party out of them, spelling PENIS!

I think I grew out of that sort of thing back when I was, uh, a teenager. >:(

MclareN

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
Also, the only decent fire type you'll find in-game aside from your starter and one of the legendaries is Ponyta/Rapidash. I have a Growlithe if you want it, Grey.

another thing, arcanine is a pretty good fire type to use, a lot better than rapidash at least lol

name: Physical Choice
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Extremespeed
move 3: Thunder Fang
move 4: Iron Tail / Overheat
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 ATK/ 252 SPD / 6 HP

(copied from smogon:
Arcanine has always been strong on the attacking side with nice stats on either side, however it has often lacked the moves to back up the statistics, particularly on the physical spectrum. Flare Blitz gives the legendary dog a powerful physical fire move that is sure to put a dent even in those that resist the attack. Extremespeed

Grey Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 12:47:24 PM »
Actually, what I really want right now is a Vulpix...  :(

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 04:09:49 AM »
I EV trained my entire team. The only one I remember off the top is Weavile, who's maxed out in Attack and Speed with the rest in HP.

Also, I have a Hitmonchan, and it turns out they awesomed him out. He knows Mach Punch, Focus Punch, Ice Punch, and Substutite, and his ability is Iron Fist, which increases the power of punching moves.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:11:57 AM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 10:51:09 PM »
I'm replaying my Sapphire. I almost ran from a shiny Zigzagoon just now.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 07:29:58 AM »
NECRO BUMP!

but ive been thinking about playing the game again.  but before i delve into that, i will tell my pokemon story here.

i started out playing pokemon blue on the gbc, i loved it, its my second favorite pokemon game.

as time passed, silver came out, and i got that, it was the best pokemon game i have ever played.  the file before the battery died on the cart (RRRAAAGGEEE!!!!) had some 88ish hours on it, and for me, thats quite a bit of time. 

i got sapphire shortly after it came out, got to the 8th gym leader, and stopped playing.  i eventually lost the cart.  october 2006, i got emerald, beat the 5th gym leader and then didn't have the drive to play anymore.

8am the day d/p came out, i, along with 3 friends all went to the next town's gamestop and got that sucker(i got pearl).  it started out cool, because i was stupidly hyped up for the game, but as time passed, it got dull, and i got to the 5th gym leader, get my ass kicked.  i started to grind up my pokemons, but that was dull, and i quit playing.

does the game pick up at all after this point?  or should i just stop and wait for the possible remake of g/s?

i am a pokemon fan, but after silver, the games haven't really held my attention.  but if the game does start picking up after i make X amount of progress, i may suck it up and work for it.

also, i have to say i am HIGHLY dissapointed in the starters for the 4th generation.  as in, i picked the fire pokemon for the first 3 generations, but for this generation, i pick the grass guy, because that fire monkey is the lamest pokemon i have ever seen.  i would rather start out with a magikarp, and yes, i am serious about that.  to add, THERE IS LIKE 2 FIRE POKEMON YOU CAN FIND IN THE WILD FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME.  I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK, I DON'T WANT TO USE PONYTA!

ohh and since i complain about everything, i want a goddamn belsprout.

but that stuff is irrelevant to my question.  which is, does the game start to pick up, preferably soon? 

also, what is EV training?  ive played these games a lot, but i haven't really got into specifics, terms and the like.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:34:22 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 12:34:33 PM »
Yeah, I didn't really care for the 4th generation games.  They just aren't very well balanced in a lot of ways (I mostly blame special abilities for that).

Not only that, but it bored the hell out of me. I put more hours into Diamond getting to the 4th gym leader than it took me to beat Red for my first time. Ugh.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
The main thing that pissed me off about the 4th generation is that they made Volt Tackle a physical attack, completely ruining its usability since the only Pokemon that can learn it is Pichu through breeding, and the Pikachu line has absolutely terrible physical attack, but the light ball doubles Pikachu's special attack.

Also, I rather enjoyed Sapphire because it was the first game I really got into without exploiting some glitch to do the leveling for me. That said, I want to find my Red cartridge and see how many glitches I can find.

EV training is explained here: http://serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:14:42 PM by Aldrasio »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

vladgd

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
well uhh im easing into it

SLOWLY mind you

but im at the town after the ghost gym leader, fought my rival, yadda yadda.

-got bibarel for hm whoring (surf at the moment)
-decided i did not like machamp, put him in the pc
-next mission...find a replacement to machamp (any type, water, electric, ghost, whatever i can find that doesn't suck at this point)
-tempted into leveling up my bronzor, maby replacing allakazam, problem, bronzor is level 15...i may just wait till i hit the elite 4
-i don't like ponyta, but i don't have a choice in this matter, lessn' i find a good fire tm
-i named my rival Cod, it is awesome

and as for EV training, it would take a dedicated tourneyfag to bother with that stuff.  i only care about catchan and casually trainan pokeman, don't much care for the competition.

anyway, the sooner i hit the elite 4, the better.  this game isn't pleasing me for the "get all of the gym badges" part of the game, but as far as i know, all of the games start looking the same when you get past that point, only this game has a lot more to do. 

more status reports to come (i get some sort of enjoyment of reporting how i am/were i am in the vidya)

vladgd

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »
well, i got a luxio, and a haunter, they are just going to chill with the exp share for a while till they are up to snuff.

DDOOOMMMIINNNAATTEEEDDDD the steel gym, the gym leader basically bent over and took about 3 earthquakes, then forked over his badge.

nice change of pace compared to the lasy gym leader. 

but yea, pokemon up to level 70 can obey me, so fork over a high level pokemon son!

anyway, more updates to come...(or instead of being gay and double posting, i should make my own "vlad plays the vidya: THE THREAD" thread so i can type my ramblings there...i may do this soon...but till now, DOBLE PLOASTxxssw!)

also, torterra = rape

i love him, and i will fap furiously to his power!

and i actually am starting to like this game now, i guess this game doesn't start getting good until after you beat the fifth gym leader.  but i mean, im actually enjoying myself going around and playing now, lets hope it keeps this pace up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:03:56 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »
pokemon happiness raising 101

i got a pichu, i want it to evolve into a pikachu

i put it first in my party with the soothe bell equipped

go to the ironworks, get to the spot where the arrow knocks me forward 13 steps, put some weight on the down button, plug in charger...walk away.

this will take a stupidly long time, but at least i don't have to do anything this way.

*edit* i will try to explain the way i have it rigged up

-i have the ds laying on a hardcover book, charger plugged in
-i have two ds cases laying down south of the ds
-a universal remote laying on one of the cases, with the top of it laying on the down part of the d pad on the ds
-ontop of that universal remote is a box with a 3 pronged pocket knife, and on top of that is a gameboy color.  this gave me enough weight to hold the button down
-on the other side is a remote from my dvd player laying down on the other ds case, and the top is laying down on the run button
-ontop of this remote is a near full bottle of throat spray, now my character is always running south into an arrow that throws me north

*edit*

DERP, apparently i could have waited like 3 minutes to encounter a pikachu and catch one.  i just done wasted 5 hours.

facepalm.jpg
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:45:03 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 02:46:06 AM »
pwned. Game mechanics can be a pain, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »
so i made it to the pokemon league.  all of my pokemon are currently level 44, and i encounter pokemon at level 46 here....maby i should do a little bit of grindan for a level or two.

to note, it took a while, but if you like pokemon, give this game enough time and it will eventually suck you in.  it took me about 10 months, and a few hours of forced playing, but im diggin' it now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:31:28 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 01:20:02 AM »
to note, it took a while, but if you like pokemon, give this game enough time and it will eventually suck you in.  it took me about 10 months, and a few hours of forced playing, but im diggin' it now.

I tried.  I still dislike it. =(

There's just too much extra bullshit, and the battle system somehow managed to become significantly less balanced (see: the ability system...WHY THE FUCK SHOULD ANYONE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO INSTANTLY PARALYZE YOU OR NULLIFY ATTACKS?!).  It makes me sad because I want to like it but simply cannot.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »
odd, im actually quite fond of the ability system, it makes things more interesting.  as for balance, i NEVER battle against other players, so its a non issue.

one thing i can complain about it the hm system that has been in the game since it started.  sorry i don't want to lug around 2 pokemon loaded up with waterfall, surf, rock climb, rock smash, and strength just to get past victory road.  it would be easier if hm's didn't take up any of the 4 moves a pokemon can have, and for that, didn't do anything in combat.

that said, i am in victory road, and its a bit annoying, but i will persevere.

maby spectere and i will talk about the pokeymans when (i be damned if nintendo doesn't do this, they love rehashin pokemon[POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION for example]) the remakes for gold and silver come out.  however, i kind of guarantee if they do that, the ability system will be ported over.

and on a differant note, is there a name changer guy in pearl?  if so, where the hell is he.  if not, im getting a differant psychic pokemon.  i know the npc trainer could had came up with a worse name than Kazza, but i mean, leave the goddamn name alone please.

*edit*

k im at the pokemon league, whee.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:55:11 PM by vladgd »