vladgd

Re: Contra
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »

finally

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »
Man I love this game so much. Too bad it's hilariously disgustingly hard.

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »
it took me the past week of around 50-60 attempts total to complete.  i went from getting killed on the first level, to getting to level 7 on a single continue, to kicking in that final boss.

feels nice to beat a hard nes game.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »
Indeed it does. I had a gameboy port back when I was younger, I whored it to the point where I could finish the game on a single continue, although I probably can't do that anymore.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:26 AM »
I'm going to get Contra 4. That game looks all kinds of kickass.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

vladgd

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
I'm going to get Contra 4. That game looks all kinds of kickass.

ohh hell yes, i hope i get it for christmas.

*edit*

man, i was so close to a 1 continue run.  i had only two deaths total in level 5, up to level 8, where for some reason, i couldn't beat the last boss.  the last boss is fucking easy, and i lose 3 continues on him.  wellp, guess the game didn't want me to kick its ass yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:45:46 AM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 10:33:10 PM »
One of my favorite contras was Hard Corps, for Sega Genesis.

vladgd

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
beat contra 4 on easy mode

time to tackle normal!

and newly unlocked challenge mode!

*edit*

shit boeih, unlocked the nes contra, and beat it.  HOT!

AND made it to level 5 after the second tank on the same continue (note, i used one continue at the start of level 8 on the first playthrough) before calling it quits.

i would say im a middle end contra(nes) player
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:39:54 PM by vladgd »

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 12:13:02 AM »
beat contra 4 on easy mode

time to tackle normal!

and newly unlocked challenge mode!

*edit*

shit boeih, unlocked the nes contra, and beat it.  HOT!

AND made it to level 5 after the second tank on the same continue (note, i used one continue at the start of level 8 on the first playthrough) before calling it quits.

i would say im a middle end contra(nes) player

I can't even beat Easy mode yet, christ. I'm only getting up to the Harbor stage before getting, you know, raped.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

vladgd

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »
in my opinion, the harbor is the second hardest out of the 7 stages you get to play on easy mode.  i mean, the level is piss easy, until you get to the top of the giant missile...then i tend to lose a good bit of lives.

the hardest, would be the city, mainly because i only played through it once.

also, to add.  i can't beat level 2 on normal difficulty XD

*edit*

11/40 challenge mode challenges completed

i will not complete them all, these fuckers are HARD.  but its not going to stop me from trying, only takes two seconds to retry a level after a death.  bad guy blitz 3, why are you harder than 4, and 5?  I WILL BEAT YOU EVENTUALLY!

*edit* defeated bad buy blitz 2, which nets me 12 challenges completed.  which being a number divisible by 4(40 challenges, 10 unlocks, one unlock every 4 challenges), unlocks something, and that something is the character probotector (from the european version of contra 3 and several other contra games)

*edit* SWEET JESUS CANDY MAN LAZER SEMEN FLAKES!  bad guy blitz ownt

13/40

ya see, the reason its hard.  you know, in shattered soldier, and contra 3, the part where you are hanging on a bar, and flying dudes are flying all over picking you up?  that part, they grab you, and you need to kill them before they lift you off the screen and kill you.  well these flyers, they kill you on contact rather than grabbing you without killing you.  and they come in at random, so if you don't shoot them, you will probly die.  also, if you grapple at a wrong time, and a flyer comes in AFTER you do the grapple, you are pretty much fucked and died for something you couldn't forsee. 

suprisingly, it took me 3 attempts today to complete, after the part with the flyers, you get a crush power up, and you can pretty easily blast through all of the random ground enemies to the end.

*edit* some of these challenges are addictingly fun

speed run 3, i beat it BARELY

as in, i was in mid jump on the platform i was suppose to jump on to win with 0 seconds left

here is a video of a guy completing it, damn fun challenge imo

15/40

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 06:06:50 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 06:07:15 AM »
i hate the ds hardware/flashcart games

i treat my contra 4 cart fine, im careful to put it in the ds, and i take care of the game in general. 

guess what, I GOT A CORRUPT FILE.  the game would fuckin freeze when i would do an arcade mode game or switch a character, my challenge mode was erased from the title screen, and guess how i could get the game to work, erase my data, yea, now i can play my game again.  i just don't have challenge mode, contra, super c, and my probotector character.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

now i have to beat the damn game again, and do those hardass challenges AGAIN. 

im not sure if im going to bother this time, its just going to corrupt again.

*edit*

k

i may mention, easy difficulty...is almost laughable.  wow, if i didn't fuck up on my first run of level 4(forgot how to fight the boss, died a bit on the missile, lost a continue), i would have had a great run.  11 lives at the end of level 7 (last level of easy mode)

well, challenge mode is back up, so i guess ill redo that.  fun =/

*edit* beat 10 challenges, its not 16, but i got bad guy blitz 3, and 5 out of the way, so it beats nothing.

*edit* ok, here is where having to redo all of my challenge mode challenges starts to suck.

rematch 2
accuracy 1
time trial 2

the first two are just hard, nothing 20-30 attempts + luck can't do.

the third is just pure hell.  i only beat it last time because i was in midair on my way to the platform as the time ran out, and it counted in my favor.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO, MAKE BETTER FLASH CARTS!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:30:00 AM by vladgd »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
I must obtain this game.