Author Topic: mass effect  (Read 14144 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: mass effect
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »
Oh I misread you, I thought that meant you'd cleared the game 2_ times, which was baffling to me. That's a much more reasonable timespan.

vladgd

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 04:08:45 AM »
i did clear the game two times....

and i swear, i like this game a lot.  yasee, i have kotor 2 installed on this pc, and its a damn good game.  kotor is the reason i got mass effect, and what do i do?  i fucking start a third game, renegade engineer for the appropriate achievements, and im still getting enjoyment out of playing. 

i DON'T play non diablo 2 lod games three times through, especially soon after beating it the first/second time.

i can definatley say i got more than $60.00 worth of gameplay out of this dvd.

and i really should stop kissing this games ass, i look like an obsessed fanboy. just wait till im 1000/1000 achievements, or employed, whichever comes first.

as a side comment, i wish there was a black male voice actor for shepard.  playing as a black man with a white voice is a bit weird.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 04:28:42 AM »
and i really should stop kissing this games ass, i look like an obsessed fanboy. just wait till im 1000/1000 achievements, or employed, whichever comes first.

There's nothing wrong with with liking a game. :)

It's like me and Forza 2.  The only reason I'm not 1000/1000 on that is because I don't have the 1,000,000 online credits achievement.  To get that would require me to play online with people and, honestly, I don't trust people enough to run fair races on that (I just have a feeling it's going to be Bumper Derby 2008 if I tried to play online with it).
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 08:52:07 PM »
slight bump

working on the engineer, got all of the engineer ability achievements.  just need the renegade achievement, and kaiden/wrex achievements and i can delete that file.

i must mention, the ally achievements SUCK.  you have to do every little quest you can find with the same two people for most of the game, and if you miss a few quests or get screwed over on turning in some quests.  as far as i know, you have to start a new file and do it all over again.  i mean, i didn't get the asari/quarian ally achievements my first playthrough, and i even got the goddamn completionists achievement.  so, im probly going to do as best as i can to get the kaiden/wrex achievements, if i can't....ill just do it on the soldier using the achievements guide to do every quest in the proper order.

so yea, starting to ease up on the mass effect, but just because of the ally achievements.  things will pick up when those are all said and done with, i just want all of the garbage achievements done with so i can start hardcore difficulty, where things should start to pick up.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile

vladgd

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/14/conservative-blogger-claims-mass-effect-offers-customizable-sodomy/

BRB buying Mass Effect.

thats the media for you, movies can have explicit content and be fine, but if a game does that to 1/500th the magnitude, they get chewed out.

also, don't play engineer, aside from neural shock and ai hacking they are weaksauce.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 10:38:22 PM »
That article makes me so sad... Sometimes I wish I could drive down to the states just to punch some of those utterly retarded lawyers in the face.
That clips shows less than playboy TV, and god knows Playboy is miles away from Hustler in terms of "graphic sexual intercourse".
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 03:05:01 AM »
got the renegade achievement on the engineer, then deleted him

started a hardcore game on my 59 soldier, beat the game from start to finish in around 4 hours and 10 minutes.  got the hardcore complete, and level 60 achievement (eggman, it wasn't as hard as you made it sound, i RUSHED through my third game and got 60 in the middle of vermire)

next game is a normal adept game with garrus and ashley for adept, and ally achievements.  this will take me a while to complete.

the run after that will be my 60 soldier on normal for kaiden/wrex ally achievements (could have did it on the engineer, but im not a fan of that class. it isn't bad, but i don't like it) as well as the sniper rifle achievement, and medic achievement(use 150 medi gels...FUN!)

and the "final" run will be the 60 soldier (new game+ ftw) on insanity difficulty.  i can't see it being too hard, as immunity is stupidly awesome.

this should net me the rest of them for 1000/1000

i will keep posted in this thread, and after i finish this off, i will make a new thread, on a new game!

vladgd

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 07:58:10 PM »
double posting because i can

one achievement left, the insanity difficulty achievement

i must say, people on that difficulty can take the damage.

like the turian assassin when you first see tali for example.  he lived through over 20 seconds of constant point blank shotgun fire from wrex and i (maxed out shotgun skill) and multiple carnage (shotgun special ability, think rocket launcher) shots.  i may not end up enjoying this.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
So I borrowed this from my friend last night and started playing it.

Holy shit.

This game is awesome. I haven't experienced any of the glitching problems the reviews complained about. It's been all gravy. I can't wait to get deeper into it.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

vladgd

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »
there "are" game breaking glitches that force you to reload to a previous save.  but they aren't "too" common, as in, i ran into most of them through my 5th playthrough. 

-important enemies glitching through walls, and you can't kill them
-loading on the normandy and moving right away when it starts to load, then autosave, this can glitch you in a rail keeping you immobile.  but you can simply load the autosave and its fine.
-on feros, where you clear out the tower, for some reason i killed everything there, and it didn't "count" so i was stuck locked in the tower with no way to get out.
-random character sticking

but, i beat the game 3 times, working on a 4th.  beat 4/5 of the game at least 5 times for achievements, so i mean, the minor bugs and stuff don't really deter any enjoyment, for me anyway.

also, organic enemies on insanity difficulty suck(HAI I KAST IMMUNITY OASMFDAOMFSOM [even though with my character, immunity is never not on as the duration is longer than the cooldown with my class/spec]), but geth are still easy.

*edit*

the thorian lair in feros TOOK FREAKING FOREVER

thorian creepers have so much health its retarded.  i mean, it was easy, but it took like 40 minutes of nonstop shooting.  a word of advice, make sure you have a full grenade sack of anti thorian grenades, and throw them in big groups of creepers, it should just kill the group instantly.

*edit*

insanity novera isn't hard

i thought the benezia fight would be a problem, but if you have liara....not hard at all.

OFF TO VERMIRE!

*edit*

what the hell

vermire was cake

i mean, EDEN PRIME WAS HARDER THAN NOVERA, FEROS, AND VERMIRE COMBINED.  AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

weird.  anyway, illos calls me, will edit when that biznatch is done.

*edit*

k

around near the end of the game (bout 10 minutes from the end) i made it glitch somehow to remove tali from my party, leaving just me, and liara to fight the last wave of dudes/boss. 

wasted the boss, took a while, but really, not hard, liara didn't even die.

1000/1000 achievement points

and you know, i could still stand to keep playing this game.  i declare mass effect my favorite game out of everything that i have played, diablo 2 is now second.  i have never enjoyed playing a game this much, as much to play through it on every difficulty and beating it over 4 times IN A ROW. 

i am officially done with mass effect.  now i shall start playing another game.  and as for my 360, it will go back to being unplayed, until gta4 comes out.

/golfclap

vladgd out
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:29:39 AM by vladgd »

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:29 AM »
i salute you sir
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
sweet, congrats man.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »
The game's supposed to have some dlc by the end of the year so chances are, you'll have another 250 gamer points to achieve.