Author Topic: what is this  (Read 6325 times)

vladgd

what is this
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:54:30 PM »

phisher?  spy?  or just random thing that doesn't mean anything.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: what is this
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
ok, i downloaded the trial scanner, and manually deleted everything it found (18 spyware cookies, one spyware file thing)

i should be in the clear for the moment.  and its unsurprisingly disturbing on how many different cookies there were looking at what i surfed online.  proves even people who take extra precautions to avoid such things can get bit in the ass.  then again, i do look at pron, and thats where im assuming most of it came from (damn you www.askjolene.com with your "type anything recieve anything" search engine)

anyway, help appreciated mr. bobbias.  ill have to get you a pizza one of these days when driving 125 miles doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

wellp, monday is now scan pc day.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 09:59:23 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:38:52 AM »
anyway, help appreciated mr. bobbias.  ill have to get you a pizza one of these days when driving 125 miles doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

125 miles isn't bad at all, really.

lol at the pizza comment XD  Nobody ever offered me a pizza... D:
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:50:59 AM »
Haha, well, I'm definitely up for the pizza. I would have visited one of you guys before if I hadn't still been poor and unable to drive without someone with 4+years driving experience in the car with me, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 02:04:16 AM »
125 miles isn't bad at all, really.

wellp, i drove up to sault ste marie from my current location (alma mi, wikipedia it to see where its at in compairison to sault ste marie) and that was like $80.00 in gas round trip, last year.

for me $80 doesn't come easy, and bobbias lives about 30-50% farther (estimating) which would make the gas at least $120.00.  NOT TO MENTION canada, and i don't have any of that crazy canada money, and i would have problems reading kmh rather than mph.  and another not to mention for good notice, long trips are fucking boring.

give me a teleporting device damnit.

ohh ohh ohh, AND im retarded, and can't locate myself out of a paper bag.  i could only drive to sault ste marie because it was a matter of "get on freeway, stay on freeway till mackinaw bridge, pay toll, get on/off bridge "still on freeway" keep going until sault ste marie exit, take exit, boom, im there.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 02:38:31 AM »
I've gotten to the point where 300 miles isn't far for me.  It's kind of sad, really.

That said, the fact that I can clear 1000 miles in the air in two and a half hours or something like that kind of makes you think.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:09:15 AM »
Weird, I just randomly started getting pop-ups, too. Only I've been using this hard drive for about four days now, and haven't downloaded any prawn onto it yet.

"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

vladgd

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 03:17:32 AM »
well my pop up wasn't really a "pop up" per say, its more of windows telling me something is spying on me, which is good...well not the spying part, but the letting me know i need to remove something part.

also, spectere, driving alone with the fear of possibly getting lost with no cell phone in the middle of nowhere for over 4 hours isn't what i would call pleasant.  on my way home, i was going 85-90mph because i wanted to get home and off the road asap XD

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 03:59:27 AM »
also, spectere, driving alone with the fear of possibly getting lost with no cell phone in the middle of nowhere for over 4 hours isn't what i would call pleasant.  on my way home, i was going 85-90mph because i wanted to get home and off the road asap XD

Heh, my cell phone was completely dead on one of my long-ass hauls, and the fuse was blown on my 12V port so I couldn't even plug it in there so yeah, I know what you mean.  Not to mention one of my runs was at, like, 3am.

I'll take driving at night over fighting through traffic any day.  I don't really trust complete strangers enough to ask them for help if something were to happen anyway.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
Yeah, I like night driving, you don't have to worry about traffic so much, and you don't have to constantly think "ok, is this guy actually going to follow the law, or is he going to pull some jackass move that's illegal like about 80% of other drivers out there..."

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x