Author Topic: audiosurf  (Read 37910 times)

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
Re: audiosurf
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 04:53:32 PM »
hm, i got beta is over, but then it let me in next time, except the scoreboards were broken

also, ninja mono can be easier depending on the song

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
Anyone try any Drum and Bass, especially Concord Dawn tracks? If I could make a video out of that without my system blowing up, I would, that is by far the hardest stuff I've ever played.

Christ, there's already someone posting "give me $10 and I'll tell you how to play offline, all you need is notepad and donate $10 to me."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 07:04:20 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
Man how did I not see this thread until now >: |

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »
Yeah, It sucks that the beta is already over, since it's written in python, it seems it could be edited and "hacked" into offline play. (as suggested by that scammer dude)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
I'd rather support the developers.  If a game is enjoyable (as Audiosurf is) I'm more than willing to pay for it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »
I missed it. So what is the game play like?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
I would pay too, but not too much, because there really isn't a lot to the game.. It's simple, like most arcade style games were back in the day. It's like a modern arcade game. It's fun and addictive, and all that, but it just doesn't have the depth of something like, even Stepmania. Stepmania allows each author to tailor their simfile to how they feel it should be played, rather than generate a course according to some computer's interpretation of the music. Ever play a simfile generated by Dancing Monkeys? They blow chunks.

I am also opposed to crippling demos. I dunno if you read my giant rant on the site, but I was talking about if they created a demo, I hope that they keep most of the gameplay intact. I absolutely HATE demos that either cripple the game, or limit you to a small trial period. I like the idea of using the basic game, without any of the fancy things, like online scoreboards, and maybe some of the more advanced characters (and unreleased ones), and other nice things that  really add to it. I am more inclined to pay for things that make me think I'm getting bonuses above and beyond the regular gameplay, not that I'm simply paying to use the whole thing. It's the mentality.

If things are too crippled, I just go out and get a crack, because I'm either not going to pay for the functionality that it adds, or I simply can't afford it.

Yeah, I'm a bit pragmatic about my views on all this, but I'm a good example of the mentality of a number of people on the internet. I'm the guy who goes and downloads TONS of music, but I'm also the guy who buys the CDs when he can afford to, simply because its better that way.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »
I am also opposed to crippling demos. I dunno if you read my giant rant on the site, but I was talking about if they created a demo, I hope that they keep most of the gameplay intact. I absolutely HATE demos that either cripple the game, or limit you to a small trial period.

*sigh*

It's not a demo, it's a beta.  They released it to test the game and their servers.  Their servers failed due to the load so they had to cut the beta period down.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
I was referring to later, they were talking about releasing a beta again, or possibly a demo/beta demo for the game, and we were discussing demos and such. Sorry if I didn't make any of that clear.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
i'm calling it

audiosurf beta 2008 goty

i mean we don't have much else yet

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 02:13:55 AM »
This just in: redirecting your hosts files for this to 127.0.0.1 lets you play locally.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
Redirecting what site? (I assume www.audio-surf.com?)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »
72.167.39.116 www.audio-surf.com - That'll do the trick. I got that IP from someone, apparently it works.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »
w00t, it works.

Oh, and apparently the word of the year for 2007 is w00t :P (or was that 2008? I'm not sure whether the word is for the end of the year, or the beginning of it, lol)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »
72.167.39.116 www.audio-surf.com - That'll do the trick. I got that IP from someone, apparently it works.
er, you still have to log in. which you can't, seeing as how you just redirected the login site.