Author Topic: audiosurf  (Read 37900 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: audiosurf
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 04:11:01 PM »
Make a new account, that's what I did, and it worked. When I clicked log in, it would give me an error, and stuff, but if you make a new account in the game, it'll work fine.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 02:28:01 AM »
Looks like the private server's down now.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »
found a post on a forum that got it working for me

add the following lines to your hosts file :

127.0.0.1 204.13.11.27
127.0.0.1 audio-surf.com
127.0.0.1 www.audio-surf.com

Then grab this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=toaenged

Download that, run it, then run audiosurf. It'll start up perfectly, once you play your three songs it'll ask you for a registration. Just go ahead and click login now then put in any nonsense and hey presto! Full game unlocked for playing whenever you wish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 02:02:53 AM »
Yep, works. Thanks :D

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 02:32:12 AM »
Can someone upload the program for me?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 03:11:27 AM »
Jesus, How did that thing get leaked, I wonder... (Or did someone write it from scratch?)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 03:41:13 AM »
It's written from scratch, I think. Basically all that's going on with the thing Dinnerroll posted is a means of playing the game locally, there's no leaderboards or anything like the private server that was up after the beta last week.

Also there's another test weekend this week.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 04:23:08 AM »
Yeah, written form scratch, I just noticed the src folder, and the .cs (C# source code)

I should get off my ass and make a leaderboard system. All I need is a packet logger, and a little bit of effort to add in that's necessary. First, I need to install the Visual C# though, I've fallen behind, and never bothered to get the right version, so I can't use the one I have installed (It was like, a beta or something, but I never registered it, and now it requires me to register, but Microsoft has disabled registrations for the version I have.)

Anyway, it shouldn't be that hard.. If I bother to do it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm taking a C++ class, so the first thing I did was open up that source and make sure it wasn't going to delete my hard drive, and just figure out what exactly it does. If you made a leaderboard system, I'd love you forever.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 04:08:55 AM »
Well, the main problem with implementing a leaderboard is that A) you need to implement accounts, logging on and off, and get a database going; B)you need to watch the packets when the game sends the leaderboard data, and figure out how it's formatted; and C) You need to figure out how to send the data back to the game, so it can display the leaderboard correctly.

There's probably quite a bit more programming on the back end that you need to do, stuff like managing the database, optimization of search routines, you have a couple choices about how you use a database (SQL, some other database server, or custom data files, which you then need to figure out how to format the file, and then you have to code the stuff necessary to access it, search for the things, add more scores, etc.)

It's no simple task, now that I think about it, but most of the programming is not all that complicated, aside from maybe making an optimized search routine, or analyzing the packets to figure out what all they mean.

I'd be more willing to try to work on this if I could get someone to help me out. If you were to write some of the code in C++, I could translate it into C#, and use it. I could never manage something like this all by myself, but with some help, I could possibly manage it. I'd also need help from you guys to analyze the packets to figure out how it sends things like what character you used, and such.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
I don't know enough C++ yet to be of any use. I mean, the game's coming out in a month, and as awesome as it would be to have a working private server before then, it's really not necessary. There's another test weekend starting tommorow though, so if you want to start working on it, you should go from whatever version of the program that test uses, IIRC they implemented some new stuff, like jumping blocks in Ninja Mono.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »
Hmm, interesting. Well, lucky thing implementing most of those extra things will have no impact on what info is transferred to the server.

Most of the issues here stem from the database, and how you're going to interface with it. Once you have a decent way to interface with it, logging on and off shouldn't take much code, nor would getting the scores on the leaderboard and displaying them, or placing the user's score into the leaderboard in the appropriate spot. However, it might be difficult to decipher what format the game sends all the information to the server in. It might really be a pain if it sends an MD5 hash or something (more so in identifying the hash in the message).

Search algorithms are simple, however, optimized ones are not. I could probably manage to make a pretty decent one, using some examples on the net and such, but it would take time.

Most of my problem is that I just don't have the drive to put so much effort into something like that, without other people showing interest/willing to help out a bit.

And by the way, most of the coding that would be used is pretty dam simple. Simple enough that someone who has some basic knowledge of the language, and understands some basic OOP concepts could manage it. I'm just lazy, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2008, 01:01:14 AM »
Someone send this to me because I cant seem to get it to work. I'm retarded, I know.

My e-mail is lil__newf@hotmail.com

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2008, 01:04:46 AM »
What can't you get working, the program to connect? You need to leave it open while you're playing, that took me a while to get figured out. Also, my friend had to reinstall Audiosurf before it started working, so try that.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 01:06:37 AM »
Well ok...all I did was download that thing from   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=toaenged
I couldn't find anything else to download from anywhere....
it'd prolly be easier if you could just send me the game all ready to go through msn or aim or something.
If you want, my AIM is xxxnewfxxx and my msn is lil__newf@hotmail.com
Or also, proper links to download the right stuff, cause the link at the start of the thread is dead now, got an error while trying to access it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:09:45 AM by NewF »