Author Topic: Stepmania Vsynch is broke.  (Read 3891 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Stepmania Vsynch is broke.
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:07:16 PM »
Yep, doesn't matter if it's on or off, it doesn't work. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I'd really love to get it working because without Vsynch it occasionally gives me BS Boos and stuff, it just doesn't work as well without vsynch.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: Stepmania Vsynch is broke.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
Have you tried forcing it on/off with your drivers?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »
Well, I'm running windowed, and it used to work windowed, I'm not sure if it's supposed to, but either way, I want some way to force it to run at 75 FPS, because if I don't force vsynch, the input lags and stuff, and even if I hit on time, i get random CBs and shit. And it gets choppy and stuff, it doesn't run as smoothly as it would if I'd forced vsynch.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »
I am fairly certain VSync doesn't take effect if StepMania is windowed. :-\

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »
I'm also pretty sure it isn't supposed to, nevertheless, it did (I'm completely sure that it was taking effect, intentionally or not, because I watched ), and if there is some way to literally force it at that refresh rate, I would like to, because as I've stated, even though I get a higher framerate without vsynch, it doesn't always refresh on time for the screen. It tends to be choppy and not very smooth. Much like when you watch a video of someone playing that was recorded on fraps. Not quite that bad but enough to seriously bother me. I'm really particular about how my stepmania has to be, if it isn't that way, then I suck. I can't play full screen. It has to be 600x800 windowed, and it can't drop frames or anything.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x