Author Topic: Cloverfield, or, Commercial for the toughest camera in the world (spoilers)  (Read 20665 times)

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 10:00:27 PM »
ugh, I really didn't like the movie. Other than the fact the movie was shot in first person, I felt it was just another suspenseful movie. One thing that bothered me was the fact that the main characters were retarded sheep. I can't stand the idea that people in that situation wouldn't be moving towards survival. instead they chased down that dudes dying friend. fuk dat shit nigga.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 11:46:41 PM »
Humans are stupid and out of touch.  I don't think most people in a city would even know how to survive -- let alone be able to remain calm -- if there was a planet-changing disaster or whatever.

I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not really defending it (though I probably will see it tomorrow), I'm just saying.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:14:30 AM »
I thought it was pretty awesome. There weren't any gaping plotholes, and aside from people acting fairly irrationally (which is understandable given the situation), it was well put together.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 11:36:38 PM »
I thought it was good. There were some parts I cringed a bit since they were unexpected, like the quarantine tent silhouette scene. Apparently the rest of the theater hated it, more of a cult movie I would guess. I waited to hear the radio transmission at the end but I misread the post and thought it meant the credits would scroll in reverse at the end and play a scene of a transmission...so I wasn't paying attention to it :/.

Eggman was right though, quite a few people did leave due to motion sickness, one couple left with their 3 year old daughters (well what did you expect to be in the movie >_>). I went to the bathroom at the end of the movie and there was vomit on the floor...I wonder if it was from someone who left the movie early.

tommy

• Hey, kiddles, wanna see my bone saw?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »
can we legally change this movie to have been released in 2007 so that it can be my movie of the year for 2k7

because i want to call it movie of the year but it doesn't really matter right now and nothing all that great came out in 2k7 sooooo

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 12:19:11 AM »
I've been watching and reading stuff about this movie since around Novemberish, and I greatly anticipate watching it.  Dunno when I will, though ;D

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:20:31 AM »
Hah, the Tent scene was probably my favorite part, I didn't see that coming at all, it was just like "HOLY SHIT BITCHES EXPLODING".

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »
Seeing how the movie's first weekend has ended, feel free to post spoilers or theories on sequels and the ending.

can we legally change this movie to have been released in 2007 so that it can be my movie of the year for 2k7

because i want to call it movie of the year but it doesn't really matter right now and nothing all that great came out in 2k7 sooooo

KNOCKED UP. SUPERBAD. GRINDHOUSE. 300. ATHF MOVIE. DIE HARD 4. HOT ROD. JUNO. WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY. TRANSFORMERS.

Spiderman 3 was ok, but yeah everything else sucked. Superhero movies are generic these days and the same plot. No matter how badass they make the trailer look, they're ALWAYS  "Loser or popular guy gets some crazy mishap and becomes all supergenes and shit and saves new york from some villian that CONVENIENTLY pops up when a superhero comes around. Then he has that shit to deal with while falling in love with some hot girl that likes him."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:48:20 AM by Milk Chan »

tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »
Seeing how the movie's first weekend has ended, feel free to post spoilers or theories on sequels and the ending.

KNOCKED UP. SUPERBAD.

i didn't see either of those so w/e

Milk Chan

• View Profile
Re: Cloverfield (spoilers inside)
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 12:47:39 AM »
Well I edited that and added more. I had to make sure the others were 2007 and not 2006/2008. 2007 movies were a blur to me.

tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
i guess grindhouse looked good, though most people didn't like death proof, 300 looks kind of meh, athf movie could be good, don't care about die hard 4, haven't seen juno yet, same with walk hard, transformers was nowhere near as good as this, etc., etc.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »
I saw it again today, looking for stuff I didn't see the first time through. It seems like the rest of the people on that theater were doing the same, because I didn't hear anyone yell at the screen at the end. Then again, who else ever goes to a 4:00 matin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:14:40 PM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 12:41:39 AM »
Actually, the splash at the end was the Satellite from the Tagruato company crashing. On the tagruato site, there is an article about a satellite crashing into the atlantic ocean. The Slusho! theory is correct, but the most common seems to be that the satellite had awoke the monster in the ocean.

Ulti

• View Profile
Yeah, what Milk Chan said was right, I've been keeping up with this.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
So I just saw it, and it was pretty good. Didn't really get the whole LOL EXPLODING LADY part.