Author Topic: Cloverfield, or, Commercial for the toughest camera in the world (spoilers)  (Read 20691 times)

cristian989

• View Profile
Amazing movie, I havent seen a movie this good in a long time :P

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
That movie was great.  Missed what happened to Jason, though, because I had to go spring a leak.  Was the satellite crashing an after-credits scene?  I don't remember that happening.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
The satellite was in the very last scene, at Coney Island. It's on the right of the screen, way in the distance.

Jason died while they were crossing a bridge. I'm pretty sire it was the monster's tail, but I know that something hit the bridge and collapsed a large area, which Jason was in.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Jason died while they were crossing a bridge. I'm pretty sire it was the monster's tail, but I know that something hit the bridge and collapsed a large area, which Jason was in.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure after the monster hit the building then ran down the street and into the water, then swam back under the bridge and hit it in the process. Also now that I think about it this movie has so many improbabilities.

Ulti

• View Profile
Really? I didn't think anything there was so implausable that it damaged my sense of immersion, aside maybe from people acting like idiots. I mean, I didn't even think the camera was unnaturally durable, or had hideously long battery life. I mean, when you think about it, the entire movie takes about 6 hours, and the camera isn't even on the whole time, it's filmed in short bursts. The only times it really suffers severe punishment are when it drops out of the chopper, and lands on wet grass, and after the bombing, which I suppose is fairly odd, but it's perfectly believable that the camera was broken at that point, but the storage media survived.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
I meant that even is something that big lived that deep in the sea (which is possible) wouldn't really be able to survive in our environment without suffocating or being crushed under it's own weight. That and basicly everything about the parasites.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
Well bites from a ton of normal animals on earth can make you swell up like a balloon. And there are a lot or chemicals when mixed together are known to produce really violent reactions. Maybe something in the bite and something in the human body just doesn't sit well together.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Ulti

• View Profile
It's a science-fiction movie, allow them a little creative freedom, rofl. Besides, bitches asplodin' is basically the awesomest part of the movie.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Yeah I really should. Funny I only questioned it when that bitch exploded.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
This sirs is what happens when you put H2O and Sodium together

http://theodoregray.com/PeriodicTable/AlkaliBangs/011_Na_hammer.html

Assuming that it took long enough to collect and hit a large enough body of water in her body, a simple chemical in the creature's saliva that contained sodium could have eventually made her go boom :o

Not *quite* as unbelievable as you may have thought before, eh (not saying it isn't unbelievable lolz).

oh yeah i've known about this reaction since like 7th or 8th grade lolz

Ulti

• View Profile
Yeah, sodium in water is hilarious stuff. However I don't understand where it collect in her, away from moisture. Best to not attempt to explain it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
In her butt.

Ulti

• View Profile
Diarrhea.

(sp? D:)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Sodium is SO much cooler if you stick it in a giant pickle jar with a big rubber stopper. It actually explodes, instead of making a bit of sparks.

(And can put a hole in ceiling tiles :P)

I finally saw that movie last night. Jesus fuck. I felt like I was in shock after leaving it.

Oh, and apparently the satellite falling wasn't what woke the monster, but the deep sea mining that the company that makes Slusho! was doing for a new flavour was what woke it up. Ironically, that is the same company that Rob was vice president of. (according to http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/cloverfield.htm)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
I'm getting 404'd, but that makes sence. Rob was going to Japan where Slusho headquarters was. Kind of dumb that NONE of this was mentioned in the movie.