Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 131315 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
I hate when people decide that some character has to have all sorts of weird characteristics and such. I think that L is the most retarded character I've heard of in a long time, honestly.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
I think that L is the most retarded character I've heard of in a long time, honestly.

He is really. I liked the beginning of the series were little was known about him other than being awkward and lol smarts, but later on he has top of the line high tech government facility and he knows Kung foo.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
I mostly don't like death note because of the "OH MY GOD HOLY CRAP WHAT IF SOMEONE FIGURES OUT WHO I AM OH SWEET JESUS OH GOD OH MAN WHAT'LL HAPPEN OH MY JESUS OH GOD" moments Light has every two seconds inside his head, which makes less happen in an episode than your average episode of DBZ.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »
Not as bad as all of the "EXACTLY AS PLANNED" moments.

On a related note, I just freed up 6 GB of space on my hard drive.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 03:15:15 AM »
The problem is watching Death Note in the first place. It's much better in manga form as you can just read through those ZOMG DRAMATIC MOMENTS in like 10 seconds instead of watching Light laugh with sinister music for 10 minutes.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »
*shrug* Gay? Meh, I've watched things equally gay. For me anime tends to be a bit of a guilty pleasure, because I can't stand most (read: about 99%) of shounen anime. I enjoy stuff like Whisper of the Heart infinitely more than most action based anime...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:24 AM »
Well, I can't stand watching stuff like DBZ and crap, where the whole thing is just about action, and trying to be badass and stuff. I watch stuff that's story driven. Sure, it can have action (Shakugan no Shana, and Darker Than Black both have quite a bit of action throughout them, and I enjoyed both (thought I have yet to completely finish either of them :/)) but that should never be the main point. If you look at the list of anime I posted in the first page, you'll see Magic Knight Rayearth (Magic Girl anime by Clamp), Simoun (very drama/plot driven, voiced entirely by girls), and 5 Centimeters Per Second ~ a chain of short stories about their distance ~ (drama, a story about a guy and girl who fall in love, but can't be with eachother due to distance), I'm watching Ef and Shinigami no Ballad, I've watched part of the Utena series. So yeah. I watch a lot of girly crap, just because I actually enjoy stuff with a plot, and most anime geared towards guys focuses too much on "ZOMG MECHA EXPLOSION MINDFUCK!!!11!1!!@#$##!@"

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 01:24:26 AM »
Shounen shows are by far the most generic series you could watch. I absolutely cannot enjoy them simply because every situation feels completely forced.

Just because something is based on action, that does not mean it doesn't have a plot. I mean, dear god, look at Berserk.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:25 AM »
Good point. But I was talking about the 99% that focuses on action and ignores plot.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2008, 12:42:26 AM »
Okay then, finished with Welcome to NHK. I must say I liked it, the ending was kind of a bummer, but still a great show.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:15 AM »
FUCKING BUMP, but yeah, how is Darker then black?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »
Great. I haven't finished it, but everything I have seen is great. (I'm up at episode 20ish)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
Doublepost for bump.

So, I just finished the last episode of Samural Champloo. Damn, why didn't I watch that show before? I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would definitely recommend it to anyone here.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
Doublepost for bump.

Lies! Poasthoar! :)

Jay kay, Eye luv yew!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2008, 02:02:27 PM »
So, I just finished the last episode of Samural Champloo. Damn, why didn't I watch that show before?

Because you're Canadian? Yeah, it's a rather good show, should be considering it was made by the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop.