Author Topic: [ambiguously disguised topic title]  (Read 48716 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: The War of the Bits
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2008, 04:51:08 AM »
okay i got done editing all of the weapons into walkie talkies oh wait no i mean

Finally, to the Point!

Sorry that the text in panel 6 is hard to read, but I was rushing by that point and couldn't be bothered to do anything other than darken the text color.  It's incredibly late over here, and I'm tired.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2008, 02:32:47 AM »
A bit B^U, but it did explain everything, also yes, fanfics are scary.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
lol not exactly sure what "B^U" is but yeah

comic will be later today, because i had to do crap yesterday and i still have some more crap to go do today

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »
B^U, as in Buckly, as in CAD, as in a ton of words.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2008, 03:04:16 PM »
oh so like tl;dr lol

I can get pretty wordy sometimes, but I try not to do it too much...

Workin' on comix nau :d

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
I like wordy comics sometimes.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »
So yeah.  I had absolutely zero time to comment on this comic or write an annotation.  Writing the annotation now.

First, you may notice that the comic is 2x3 panels.  From now on, this is normal.  There will be 2x2 and 2x3 comics, depending on which one the situation calls for, or maybe even 2x1 or 2x4 comics.  2x4 and 2x5 probably won't happen very often except at the beginings of chapters/phases.  Ends of those will have special 2x3 comics.

Second, you may notice a lack of sound effects.  I had no time to do those either.  Sound effects are a part of the comic experience, and I am going to start putting in the sound effects full-time with comic 43.

Also, the seemingly random line that the Mouser Mech says after initializing is an obscure reference.  Disregard it if it confuses you.

I've begun editing comics 1-15.  My goal is to make the dialogue less cheesy, more explanitory, and FUNNY...a little.  I won't stop after the second or third comic because of laziness like I did with LRA, because I'm not completely reconstructing the comic; I'm just changing the dialogue and maybe modifying very small details.  It'll be good.  Also, walkie talkies instead of guns and swords and spears.

edit: First three done.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:24:02 PM by Kuroshikun »

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
So, yeah, yesterday was pretty busy for me.  So you get a comic today.

Mouser's Proposal

lol, big panels.  I should probably fill the black 1x240 pixel bars on the sides with transparent.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2008, 12:28:53 AM »
First Punch Against Mouser

It's Tuesday... in EDT and eastern hemisphere!  So comic.

I may be getting rid of the titles because they don't really enhance the comic at all.  They're even pretty lame, sometimes.  If they detract too much from the comic, should I replace it with a thing saying "wotb no. X"?  In fact, I may add that anyway, so it would read, "WotB No. X: name".  But that may make lengthy names wrap, so I'd have to increase the div width.  Notice I said div and not table.  Spectere, shame on you for originally using tables ;-D

Also, I may add a vision impared thing like David Morgan-Mar does.  It would float to the right of the comic, and if I could work the CSS around, make the comic display hard to the left instead of in the middle when activated.  I doubt I have the fan base to make this a necessity, though.  I'd have to make a field and write out each comic's script for the SQL table, likely.  Which would be lame if I decided to do this any time except before I've got like five hundred comics sitting around with no script field set up, with scripts.

Third, I may add a thing to the left or right of the comic that lets you easily select a Phase, Chapter, or even bossfight.  Kind of like a QUICK Quick Nav.  I may just stick it right under the normal nav, though (which you may or may not have noticed takes up less vertical room now).  Not useful now, but maybe useful when I've got a fuckload of comics.

I could make these latter two a $_GET or $_POST option (sidebar?=off, sidebar?=qn, or sidebar?=vi, that kind of thing.  $_POST or a cookie is more likely, though since I've been having trouble getting multiple $_GET things to work with the drop down select menu.  Spectere help plox maybe?  I don't really want to use $_POST or a cookie :-().

Any of these may require that I increase the div width to probably 960, which unfortunately makes 800x600 users have to scroll horizontally (and yes, 800x600 users still do exist.  Usually, ha, vision impared or old people).  However, I probably don't have any actual readers that use that resolution.  Does anybody use that, here?

Opinions on any of these modifications?  I'd really like some input.

edit: o btw 4 through 6 remakes were uploaded and done yesterday.  Comic 42 is now MOUSER ASSAULT MECH REMIX ONE because name collision may lead to reader confusion amirite
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:32:37 AM by Kuroshikun »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
I like the titles. I honestly don't think it's necessary to do the whole vision impaired thing, and I HIGHLY doubt you have any 800x600 users. The only people I've ever seen use that are my grandparents, who are absolutely fucking blind (not literally, but honestly, when you require 800x600 to see anything, your eyes are REALLY FUCKING BAD) :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2008, 02:41:35 PM »
but honestly, when you require 800x600 to see anything, your eyes are REALLY FUCKING BAD

...or you have a 2" monitor.  Think of the people with subminiature displays, you hag!
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2008, 02:47:20 PM »
Oh, bend over. >:-P

edit: now for serious.  I haven't completely gotten rid of the thought of having something float to the side of the comic (kind of like Spectere's original news design, perhaps (that made the page screw up sometimes because the comic was supposed to be 80% of the table width but he was trying to make it fill 100% because news was disabled!!!!!!! (and he's fat and uses tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))). 

I increased the div width to 960, and added Wotb No. X to the side of the title.  I'll probably format it a little differently, though, and go back to 768, because there's no reason to have that much unused space to the sides of the comics.

I will make a banner for the top of the page probably soon, and later try to expand that php code in my signature to display all four images of the signature instead of just the top-right one, so that way, it's under 300 characters rite.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:53:31 PM by Kuroshikun »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »
...or you have a 2" monitor.  Think of the people with subminiature displays, you hag!

If you have a 2" monitor, you shouldn't be browsing pages with it :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
If you have a 2" monitor, you shouldn't be browsing pages with it :/

Hey, my cell phone's display is only 2.1" diagonal (240x320) and I've browsed the web with it... :P

(kind of like Spectere's original news design, perhaps (that made the page screw up sometimes because the comic was supposed to be 80% of the table width but he was trying to make it fill 100% because news was disabled!!!!!!! (and he's fat and uses tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))).

Oh you're just mad that I wouldn't drag my sack across your face yesterday. >:(
"This is a machine for making cows."