Author Topic: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond  (Read 112523 times)

vladgd

Re: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
even if you remove dan, that's still 5 of the same character.  (yeah they have their differences, but they are all the same)

also i guess i read they nerfed vega even more or something.  i guess he had a 2xqcf ultra and they made it back into a charge move or something.  basically i am hearing that dan is literally better than vega, which, sadly, i see more dan played in tournaments than i do vega.  though, sanford kelly is really damn good, im not sure if him picking dan counts as much.  plus i mean dan's lk air knee thing is pretty good.

ohh and what is this nerfing of gen buisness?  CAPCOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
I like the fact that they're bringing back characters from the older games. And you and I know, and also everyone else, knows that Dan was intended to be a joke character with the whole thing that was going on between SF and KoF.

Actually I'm pretty sure that's why SF3 didn't do so good. I mean, it's a great game, but most of the cast is new. Shame that everyone wants the old cast, even people who weren't really into SF2 (my friend like NEVER plays fighters and he liked the idea that SF4 was going to be more like 2...).

vladgd

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/puzzle-quest-2-reveal-trailer/17-2177/

if mass effect 2 came out last year, this would probably be the rpg i know i will have the most fun with this year.  though, second place isn't too bad.  

i remember driving 45 minutes twice to get the first damn game, and it was worth it.

*edit*

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

looks pretty good.  current gen co-op dungeon crawler?  count me in.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:57:13 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2010, 10:47:23 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-red-steel-2/17-2224/

This looks shockingly good, considering it's Red Steel.

Also I hear Dan is mid tier in SSF4, so I'm definitively looking into him in that game.

vladgd

« Reply #274 on: April 06, 2010, 09:35:53 AM »
between bison getting good buffs including easier to do his c lk links, chunners getting good buffs, and dee jay looking damn solid.  i don't fucking know who i want to use, but i have three people i genuinely want to use unlike the zero that the vanilla game had.  this doesn't even take inconsideration maby i will fall in love with an oldie i never gave a chance, or even a newcommer im not hype for.  (me maining something like ibuki, vega, or dhalsim, all is possible)

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME :<

video is dee jay doing AA slide into ultra 2. 

HOT SECHS

vladgd

« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2010, 04:46:42 AM »
reading about FFXIV on /v/

-ENF = Enforcer (Truncheon, two-handed shield)
-slider for hips and chest

I AM GOING TO MAKE A BIG HIPPED CATGIRL USING A TWO HANDED MOTHERFUCKING SHIELD

i really hope the two-handed shield wasn't some translation error

*edittititSINCENOBODYPOSTESHERE(()*

http://www.destructoid.com/bionic-commando-rearmed-team-forms-might-delight-171227.phtml

LOTS OF SEMEN CAME OUT OF MY PENIS BY READING THIS
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:59:10 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:52 AM »
T-T-T-TRIPLE POST

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=243421

how did i miss this? 

the semen coming out of my penis from the edit of the previous post has to be somehow related to this post as my penis is in great pain due to the super soaker fountain of liquid man juice ejecting out of it. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
&feature=related

This game looks god damned awesome. I'm still on the fence about the whole "you swing slow as FUCK" combat, but it does seem to add to the thought of when and where you swing on a monster. I just hope there's enough big monster fighting to keep me hooked.

Also Bad Company 2 seems a bit goofy for me.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2010, 01:18:42 AM »
Half Life 2:Episode 3 aka Half Life 3.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2010, 04:38:19 AM »
I'm a pretty big fan of Transformers but I've always been let down by games for the series.

Until now I think.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-overview-transformers-war/65224

Campaign for both Autobot and Decepticon, co-op for campaign, massive attention paid to history and the sort of things that fans want, online multiplayer using classes based more on being useful to the team than a lone wolf and it just looks fantastic in general. Can't wait for it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
My god that looks awesome. Except for the fact that it looks like they took unreal tournament, and skinned it with transformers :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »
http://www.destructoid.com/capsized-is-a-thing-that-i-want-very-much-174505.phtml

that, might and magic clash of heroes for xbla (its on ds now, but i want the crisp hd artwork), puzzle quest 2.

FUCK YEAH

then we have starcraft 2, civ 5, fallout new vegas...

there's some games this year that im quite excited to play. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »

This excites me.

vladgd

« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
i bought that game yesterday bruh

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-t-e-r-a/700828

still 200% positive this is another generic korean grindan, but it has an interesting twist to the combat.  looks kind of cool, may give er a shot for a month...depending on it's release date corresponding with the release date of other mmo titles i am interested in (tor, ffxvi, cata)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:38:28 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
not even sure where to put this, but since it's an upcoming game, with already announced upcomming dlc.  here it is.  blazblue cs will have five new characters(though one of them is dlc, one of them IS nu from the previous game, and im not sure if the other one is YET ANOTHER nu clone or a new character), the typical "game balance, changing certain things about the engine bla bla bla" stuff a fighting update should have, and then this dlc character.  that damn squirrel girl if you played any of the story bits of the game.

"hey charlie, remember that school girl who was kind of a squirrel?"

"yeah bob, what were you thinking"

"well, we don't have enough time to put it on the disc, so i was thinking of making it dlc.  but we can't just have her in that schoolgirl outfit, what should her battle gear look like"

"we work for a japanese company making an anime centered game, STRIP THOSE CLOTHES OFF AND GET ER READY FOR SHIP, they'll sell like hotcakes!"

considering the other characters in the game, i think she fits in fine.  funny the people on /v/ screaming OMG FURRAYYY, ignoring the fact that tao is in the game.