Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 589268 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1020 on: January 31, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
EA has done a LOT to redeem themselves. Ubisoft and Activision on the other hand...

vladgd

« Reply #1021 on: January 31, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
game re-completed.  9 hours of gameplay done in about 3, not bad i guess.  

doing that let me fight more barrier enemies, so i have pretty much every achievement but the insanity difficulty achievement.  

it was really bugging me because it wasn't until december of 2009 which i got a mass effect 1 file that satasfied me to transfer over to the sequel.  this game is a bit more straight forward with trying to do everything, so i have said file right now.  course i skipped mining resources to get some trivial upgrades, i can always do it later or when some new dlc comes out to motivate me to play the file again.  

now i can pretty much just dick around with other classes, dialog choices, difficulties, try to speedrun, ect without worrying about my me3 transfer file.  

and it's kind of neat with the bonuses you get from completing the game starting a new character.

200,000 credits
50,000 of each resource
25% exp bonus
you can choose a loyalty power from whomever you have gotten loyal (you can do it anyway, later in the game, but this way you can do it at the start of the game)

and these bonuses stack with the bonuses granted from importing a character.

almost forgot, i got a different conversation with mordin since i am no longer with the garrus.  instead of talking about the differences in turian/human anatomy, he talked about how unpleasant it was for people of different species to hit on him, which apparently happens often.  though, he did have some fondness for asari, but didn't know much why.  

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Fornax
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:15:54 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 01, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
Yeah, I just need 5 more barrier enemies and the next place I'm going to is Horizon so there'll be plenty of Collectors with barriers there. I'm not going to bother with Insanity because JESUS CHRIST even with barrier on they take out your shields in two shots and kill you in another two. And enemies take very little damage and have full armor right from the first enemy.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:42 AM »
aaaaaand Megaman Zero 3 is finally done. It too me a while to get into it, but after you get the first power up, like every megaman game made, the game goes forward at a decently smooth pace. shockingly easy once you get some power ups (I used like, one savestate? and I think I only loaded from it once) and I beat the game with one minor heal and ABOUT 3 or 4 full heals left. I only saved them because I thought there was going to be another boss.

Still, I have to admit, fighting a final boss that's about your size and moves around instead of a giant fuck that doesn't move is a lot more fun.

vladgd

« Reply #1024 on: February 05, 2010, 06:39:56 AM »

beat this fucking mission by the skin of my teeth, goddamn.  at least the difficulty of insanity lives up to it's name in this game.  

like when i had to close the third damn door with a pyro around the corner, pop out when it stops flaming, warp, repeat until it's dead because any other course of action would kill me.  ohh but one of the times i went out of cover to warp, went back into cover...character froze in place, had to reload due to the fucking thing glitching.

even with tech armor, im made of glass i tell ya.  a lot of the times the 12 second cooldown isn't even worth recasting instead of a warp or overload or throw (if jacob uses pull prior).  a lot of the time i use my health as a buffer to do more damage, but i blame the bloodpack enemies regenerating health faster than you can shoot at them, thank god for incinerate.  

anywho, i have mordin and garrus.  i plan on doing the minimum possible to complete the game, fuck the ending, i want my achievement!

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:15 PM »
All of you motherfuckers have to acquire STALKER: Call of Pripyat, like, right now. Right now. D:

vladgd

« Reply #1026 on: February 05, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
i would if you could tell me how to get the original STALKER to work on my computer.

that and bioshock while you are at it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 06, 2010, 12:17:07 AM »
Contact steam and bitch them out?

Also this AVP demo is decently fun. Just did this in it.

Didn't get to play as Predator, but Aliens seem to be able to mess things up nicely considering they have no ranged attacks at all. That and marines are HARD to play as online with this lag. The game is also decently scary as a marine considering how lethal and fast aliens are, plus they can climb walls and ceilings at full run speed and all. They seem to devastate anything in medium range with their primary rifle tho, and the shotgun is nuts and fairly plentiful.

vladgd

« Reply #1028 on: February 06, 2010, 03:10:39 AM »
i doubt steam will do anything about it.

anywho, i got jack in dat mass effect 2 insanity.  the difficulty of said "level" was a bit uneven.  

first fight of random soldiers with the occasional robot dog, hardest fight in the level.  you are basically cornered, and it doesn't help with the soldiers assrush you with full shields, took me several tries to get past.

second fight was more random soldiers in a more orange area, and a mech at the end.  due to level layout, and the mech glitching on geometry in a place where i could spam overload/warp/incinerate and he couldn't hit me, easiest fight in the level.

third fight different area, lots and lots and lots of soldier people with a mech at the end.  like the second fight but more difficult, probably took 4 times longer (maby 20 minutes of solid fighting), and the mech was a bit scarey but otherwise had a set path he wouldn't go beyond so it wasn't hard to exploit that.  

boss fight with the shield generators and infinite spawning enemies.  i was really worried about this one, but it wasn't really that bad at all.  shoot down the two generators, work your way to the third which is closest to the boss, then bunker down spamming powers at the boss until he dies.  when he dies, encounter ends, you win.  no melee enemies, and the soldiers keep out of your way, surprisingly easy, but one fuckup could still kill you due to everybody doing high damage.  pretty damn fun to be honest.

three characters down, more to go.  sometimes the difficulty just breaks me down and pisses me off, but ive managed to get this far, i don't see how the rest of the game could be any different.  only big problem i can recall right off the bat is the giant geth mech on the planet you get tali, that could be controller smashing...all the more reason to get it on video!

*edit*

im on the krogan warlord level, the boss part.

infinitley respawning krogan, boss with rocket launcher, mech, essentially no safety, killing boss does not win the encounter

how is this possible?

*edit*

lolnevermind

only 4 krogan spawn, and you can easily cheese the entire encounter.  i even got the latter part of it on video, ill link it in my videowhore thread when i have it uploaded later.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:18:57 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 06, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
Yeah, you just walk into the doorway so it can't close on you, shoot her with something (preferably the Cain) and then just back out the door any time you're in trouble. The krogan stop respawning after you kill her.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 06, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
Yeah, the AVP demo is pretty badass, I think playing as Marines is my favorite, it definitely has a nice horror game feel to it, with the motion sensors ticking whenever anything gets close, etc. Plus, the fact that the map they included with the demo is basically the set of Alien 3, cracked me up.

vladgd

« Reply #1031 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »
for me she only spawned 4, then they stopped, i killed the mech, then i killed her last.  

*edit*

horizon, fight before you have to activate the computer at the end for the final encounter.

2 scions + lots of husks and each husk has armor

NONOnononNONONonNONon...

ok so i beat it first try, but fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.  it's kind of hard dodging the attacks of 2 scions (one attack instantly nullifies your shields) while fending off a horde of husks.  god damn.  im just going to say i got lucky, because i wasn't aware of scion locations when i was killing off husks.  i think mordin getting gibbed distracted them long enough.  afterwards i was pretty much "kiting" them per say while spamming heavy warp.    

the sad part is the abandoned reaper ship and the end of the collector ship is pretty much nothing but SCIONS PLUS HUSKS OOLOOLOLLOOoll

i don't look forward to that, hopefully ill have pull field on jacob by then, or using samara instead.  

but uhh, sentinal me, jacob for pull and fire ammo, mordin because incinerate is probably the best fucking ability in the game.  warp may be a bit more versitile but the burn damage from incinerate seems to do more damage on the health meter than warp...and i hate miranda so fuck her.  

blablabla, minor progress...still not done with horizon, i just needed a break after that.

*edit*

i might just fucking quit right now.  one praetorian at the end of horizon.  just that fucking monster, really goddamn hard.  yeah, it took about 5 tries (it's laser can kill you after about 2 or 3 seconds of sustained fire) but i did it.  the problem, that's one praetorian, a wide open battlefield, and no other enemies.  on the collector ship, you fight one praetorian and a literal endless swarm of husks.  

if we had an emote of a smiley pointing a gun at himself, it would totally be appropriate right now.

*edit*

got samara, died once due to the gunship, learned from my mistake, bam bam, overall the easiest level thus far. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:44:15 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 07, 2010, 01:03:45 AM »
For a second I thought you were talking about Killing Floor.

Also I just beat Serious Sam.

Fucking final boss through me off and I fought him for a good 40 minutes, but yeah, definitely an amazing game and a personal favorite.

Also something about BlazBlue just throws me off. I can't seem to find a character I'm comfortable with.

vladgd

« Reply #1033 on: February 08, 2010, 03:45:32 AM »
i think im fuckin done with the insanity bullshit, uhh, i guess ill new game plus it or something because fuck this.

mirandas loyalty mission, end fight, fuck that.

the entirety of the get tali mission, fuck that, the geth are goddamn relentless.  

it's not as much the difficulty (well it is) as it is me wanting to polish this fucker asap to get my achievement.  BUT I GUESS I WONT BE GETTING IT NOW HURP DURP

i don't even want to immagine the praetorian collector husk fight, im just going to assume people fucking cheat to get the achievement.  or just getting lucky with the ai not wanting to assrush you like they seem to do randomly to me.  you know, in this game, on insanity, when the enemies run at you, there's literally no fucking way to win.  you can't survive 5 seconds of fire, let alone in a situation where you can't run and hide.  

like the geth.  they don't use cover, they walk up to you and kill you.  i guess it's smart, but i mean, im not going to beat this fucker on insanity.  

*edit*

yeah, im just frustrated.  ill lay off the insanity for a while.  if i uhh decide to try again, ill lower it to normal for that file, beat it, and new game plus it.  

for now ill play an adept imported from the mass effect 1 file i started and beat a few days ago.  vetran difficulty.  figure i beat it on normal, and i got what...60ish% through the game on insanity, this should be a nice change of pace.  

you know, i think what i need is a break from this game.  i have over 60 hours soaked into this sonbitch thus far, and banging my head against it to get one achievement is wearing me out.  

ff13 doesn't come out for a month, uhh...netflix is fine and dandy but a game to play...

maby mw2, sf2hdr, IIDX to tide me over for a while.

*edit*

tali get, the battle with the collossus was...easier than it was on normal?  yeah, wut?  it wasn't easy, but it was fun and challenging without being a kick in the dick.  i used miranda and garrus both with aoe overload, made my life easier. 

missions left until i beat the game on insanity

get thane
collector ship
derelict reaper
SOOISYDE MISHON
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:01:55 PM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 10, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »
Jet Moto. Anyone here remember that game?

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}