Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588596 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1125 on: March 16, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »
Whats the story with FF13 freezing? I haven't opened mine yet, but when I was looking at guides online, I saw links where apparently it has become an issue?

I have a 360, but apparently it happens to both 360 and PS3 owners alike.

Really excited to play it, but now I'm wary about it haha

No one I know has had it freeze and I haven't had it freeze and I've played for 70 hours (and I have friends with both 360 and PS3 versions). It doesn't have a problem with freezing. It is EXTREMELY isolated. But of course, one guy posted a little video of it happening to him (likely the lens on his PS3 is dying) and now all of the sites are screaming about how OMG FF13 HAS FREEZING ISSUES OMG PIECE OF SHIT GAME and it's just.....ugh.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1126 on: March 16, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »
Yeah, it's one thing if the game legitimately has issues (Bethesda games.....) but it's another thing entirely if it's an isolated event and people start freaking out.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #1127 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:23 PM »
Ah okay well then its good that I have Thursday to Sunday off :D

vladgd

« Reply #1128 on: March 17, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
i picked up perfect dark for xbla, costs 800 points.  i never played it on the n64 for two reasons.  no n64 expansion pack, and i did not like fps games back then(with games as hard as duke nukem can you blame me?).

did not play online yet, although it is available in multiplayer competitive and co-op flavors.  just did the first two single player missions, gold stars for the guns i have avalible, and the equipment training.  i am already starting to think that this game should have costed at least 1200 points, there's a lot of things to do in this package.  

wellp, played for two hours, up later than i would normally be due to said game.  if you like goldeneye/perfect dark on the n64, this is a no brianer.  i mean, online play, better graphics, AND NO MORE SHITTY n64 ANALOG STICK!

and yeah, there is 4 player split screen, im mentioning it, but you figure it's kind of the reason most people will buy this game methinks.  im definitely going to be split screening this bitch up, but for those times where you and your bros can't be at the same house, there's always online.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 17, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »
Not only is it split-screen, it's split-screen local WITH online. So you could actually have your entire team over and play against other people online together.

But yeah, Perfect Dark had a TON of stuff to do. The weapons training is all pretty cool, the game itself is awesome, the challenges for single player are all fun and get really hard (Perfect Agent some stage super fast time ahhhh), and then there's multiplayer and that has its own challenges to play through, AND it has co-op stuff AND counter-op, which almost no other game has.

For $10 it's a ridiculous steal.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 17, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
Yeah, that does look amazing.

Also does anyone else know if modern Earthbound emulations have that problem where the game becomes borderline unplayability hard and near the end it deletes the game? I'm afraid of this happening to me now.

Oh yeah, and Super Metroid just got massively confusing. I've search the entire area like twice (just got ice beams, the spread shot, faster running, and power bombs) but I can't find shit.

K-Mann

« Reply #1131 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »
So FF13 is pretty frickin' awesome. Just passed 6 hours, chapter 4. I liked the idea of "winning" your summons. Kind of neat. I'm still kind of struggling to get the paradigm system down perfect, but I know it will come, I'm getting better. Vanille isn't as annoying as I thought, and Hope actually sounds like a fuckin' teenager... which is the way he should. Don't know why people are complaining. Can't wait to really power them up though. I'm concentrating on maxing out Lightning's Commando role, but I'm kind of experimenting with the others.

I hope to god that CP is unlimited in the game. I know theres a limit to the parties abilities that only come through playing the game, but after when I do the missions, I hope you can actually max out everyones roles in everything. Though that would probably take years.

I've found the game definitely worth buying.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:00:19 AM by K-Mann »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 19, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
You can max out everyone's Crystarium for every job, although people will still have different abilities and base stats so some will be better than others at certain things.

I can now farm 13,200 CP every 30 seconds or so. It takes longer to respawn the fight than it does to win it. And it probably takes over 999,999 to max out the roles that people aren't normally good at.

K-Mann

« Reply #1133 on: March 19, 2010, 01:42:43 AM »
Oh awesome lol.

Game just got better

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 19, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »
Damn Eggman, sounds like your just bending the game to your will at this point.

vladgd

« Reply #1135 on: March 20, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »
messing with the pokewalker to test what's better, having it in your pocket, or using the clip.

results from my walk, out of all 3, two pocket and one clip, all came in the 3700 range.  i thought the clip would register double the movement since well, there is two bounces in each step series rather than just the one if it's in the pocket in one leg.  guess i was wrong and it doesn't really matter. 

K-Mann

« Reply #1136 on: March 20, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
Chapter 5, disc 2. Found a good spot to farm a whole bunch of CP... maxed out Lightning and Hope. Haven't played as Sazh/Vanille since I did the grinding so they will have lots to spend too. And Snow hasn't been playable since he got his fuckin' Eidolon so he's gonna have a shitload to spend.

vladgd

« Reply #1137 on: March 21, 2010, 08:23:09 AM »
i uhh essentially traded my copy of modern warfare 2 for a new copy of ffxiii.  skipping cutscenes...2.5 hours, im vanille and sazh in the junkyard place, past the first set of "two groups of dudes are fightan, try to kill the harder people off first" fights.  i recall it took me three hours of play just to get to the part where i first get cp, so i reckon i should be on disc 3 quite a bit faster than before. 

pokemon cards for random nostalgia.  i never "bought" any of the trainer/rocket cards, all from trading other kids in middle school during lunch time.  well, save for the weezing, that was a birthday gift from a bro. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
So, Earthbound, Crono Cross, or Super Mario RPG? OR is ther another SNES RPG that I'm missing?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1139 on: March 21, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »
You mean Chrono Trigger, right? As for SNES RPGs, I'd add Lufia, and Lufia 2 (most people say 2 is better, but I enjoyed 1 a lot, never beat 2 yet). Not to mention FF3/6. there's also Tales of Phantasia, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Robotrek, Secret of Evermore, Star Ocean, Ys 4, and Magic Knight Rayearth. Of course, some of those are only available on emulators through fan translations....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:05:46 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x