Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588740 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1185 on: April 02, 2010, 06:51:13 AM »
ffxiii
i need more strength before i attempt the thing again.  i can get him to about 8-10% but i could probably easily kill him if i had better weapons for millie and sazh.  

sf4
tried playing online, i just can't understand the game.  it's like, people just holding back on the joystick destroy me, and i get random ultraed all the time.  plus people keep using people i never ever see ever, fought my third rose out of like 1000 games, fought my 6th vega like ever, the fuck man?  probably just not touch the game until ssfiv since sfiv is going to be obsolete, and there will be a ton more people online.  i intend on using chun unless any of the changes/new characters sway me otherwise.  though, if i do use chun, i will need a glove for my right hand.  doing c fierce into rh legs to forward legs = HURT ASS FINGER GODDAMN.  basically you slide your finger from fierce, to roundhouse, to forward, to short, to forward, to roundhouse, then hit forward 5 times quickly.  

this guys videos are pretty good and informative for chun.  he also stated he plans on using other characters for ssfiv, so more than just chun.  still, going from training mode, to fighting random mini pros who taunt you every chance they get whilst double perfecting you, not fun.  kick my ass, sure, you play the game often, you are good, just don't scare the newer players off, you will have less people to play with.  but i mean, i am learning tricks, but i just don't know the fundamentals for this game.  i guess i am trying to use dee jay more often, but i fucking hate zoning, so i just try to crossup all day, which gets me killed often, still at least he can be offensive unlike guile.  

sf2
so i played this because sf4 was getting frustrating...yeah, if i had an arcade cab of one game, it would be super turbo.  only really get angry at it when i fight laggy people who can't read ping, and good akuma players.  i like getting away with walk forward 360's, makes me feel tingly inside.  currently working on trying to do some painful shenanigans for zangief, mainly, hop into super, if spaced properly, pretty doable. green hand into super, WAY harder to space properly than the hop, that and doing the 720 in a quarter of a second is a bit harder after doing a fireball motion than just holding forward and hitting roundhouse for my hop.  

*edit*

thinking about my sf4 play, i kind of like throwing out random pokes, but i can't really follow up with it...maby i should reconsider gen.  if i can get the hit confirm mk down, free hands.  

i should put a bit more time into checking gen out.  yeah he has two stances, but really mantis is for mk hands bullshit, and the weird dp kick thing, and crane is to oga the fuck out of pressure.  

E*Dref

tekken 6 is like damn cheap, might try it out
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:56:37 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 03, 2010, 03:59:12 AM »
Well, Prototype is DONE. Damn enjoyable game, I was a little pissed at the whole "HAY LET'S TAKE AWAY YOUR POWERS MID GAME" thing, but they did give you two new powers after the whole ordeal and you basically use them through the rest of the game. Plus the main game missions were generally varied and fun, I just there was more combat focused ones, but this game does the whole chaotic battlefield better then any other game I've played.

Outside of that, there was the fact that most powers seemed completely useless and the story felt REALLY tacked on (Spoiler: was your contact near the end of the game the same guy who turns into the ultimate hunter? How in the hell did he even contact Alex at first? That and they don't even reference his sister again once he saves her.) it just all seems horrible placed and the fact that they kept telling the player that his consciousness was merging with the people he consumed seemed like it was just talking down to me (then again, the average "gamer" is a moron...).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and chasing Tennat in that tank was crazy. Single handedly ripping through squads of tanks while screaming "NOTHING CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME, NOT MEN, NOT WEAPONS, NOT ARMOR" is definitely one of the more badass parts of the game. Also the final boss was enjoyable, even if he was a bit easy (outside of that fucking ranged attack that's basically a 1 hit kill).

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually now that I read the TV tropes page for this it seems I missed a bit of the story. Still, it seems like his sister was just a devise used to push the story forward and as soon as she was "safe" they don't ever refer back to her or the guy treating her.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:47:06 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1187 on: April 03, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
man i would totally get ggpo to play third strike and alpha 3 online...but i ain't about to risk the safety of my computer trying to hunt down the proper roms for the thing. 

otherwise, i really kind of want to experience 3s/a3.  ill wait till either capcom remakes em, or i make an arcade cab and then travel to a place where people would play with me. 

the ggpo people should get with the companies of said games to make the roms readily available for standard downloadable game pricing (thinking anywhere from $5.00 to $15.00 depending on game).  i mean, no real need to remake them, just have the rom readily available for those who want to do things nice and legal. 

s.net ggpo matches, totally be down for that.  i mean, everybody has a pc, not everybody has an xbox.  though, playing a fightan with a keyboard, olol, i may have an unfair advantage with stick. 

but like i have third strike on the ps2, but i have no ps2 stick...and there's no online play...and i know nobody interested in playing fighting games...life sucks. 

typical ramble post, but seriously, c forward xx super the game does look pretty fun even if people only use like 5 characters(ken, yun, urien, akuma, motoko?). 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
I'll PM you some links that I'll download and check out first. Really, it's not hard at all to find good roms.

I just need to wait until my internet picks up again...

vladgd

« Reply #1189 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »
yeah dude, stuff works.  my stick works just fine on the games even.  now i can play third strike, a game i got for ps2, on my pc with my TE stick.

ballin'

my GGPO name is vladgd (duh) so...i should get a thread going or something, i really want to play shit with people.  third strike...chun is supposed to be like the sagat of that game right?  ill experiment, but sf4 left me enjoying chun.  

'preciate the assistance sir, i am too google paranoid to get anything done.  retarded enough to take some time in getting everything working. still don't know about the online stuff, but i was able to join the chat server logon thing fine with people challenging me, but at that time i didn't know what was what and the games didn't work.

now that they do, i kind of want to mess around with the AI for a bit to learn some ABC's.  i mean, i don't want to jump at random people when i just find out something like chun li's fireball is now a motion move, the fuck mang.  

*edit*

i think i am enjoying vampire savior 2 more than alpha 3. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:01:44 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 04, 2010, 03:49:51 AM »
FUCK YES WE NEED TO PLAY VAMPIRE SAVIOR 2. Love that game. Darkstalkers as a whole is a wildly underrated series, definitely one of my favorites.

Also how hard is it to get GGPO working? Last time I checked it forced you to forward a port and I've had NOTHING but trouble doing that.

Also also yeah, Chun Li is the Sagat of 3S, but I haven't noticed TOO many people complaining about her. If you want I can show you the ropes to VS2 and 3S, but I also basically suck at them.

vladgd

« Reply #1191 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »
yeah it says on the GGPO site to forward some ports, so i did that before even installing the thing.  apparently i did it properly, because having seen your post, i went to check the online play of GGPO.

got challenged by some random chap for third strike, we played some 10 games.  i got dominated, but he was a nice bro and helped me out a bit with my character (Q), pretty fun.  we both found it funny that i can do the 720 in st 9 times out of 10 but i have problems doing a simple qcfx2 super in third strike.  

i can't say anything about lag unless i play ST, because i am not used to how third strike plays, though from my ps2 experience, i don't think i encountered any lag.  and if i want to play ST, ill play hdremix, since it's what i started on, and i can use my 42 inch hdtv with the xbox voice chat.  kind of wish GGPO had built in voice chat (dude, it's 2010), but i reckon i could always get a vent server if i played often.  

the tldr, games work, the internet play works, my madcatz te stick works with it(as does my hori fighting stick ex2 iirc), good way to play games online which didn't originally have online play.  i mean, otherwise i would need to get two damn ps2 arcade sticks (or some adapter or something which means input lag) AND find local people interested in playing, just to get my third strike on.  

*edit*

a3 bison is a weird motherfucker.  it's almost like playing guile because he has a goddamn FIREBALL.  so i am going to assume alpha bison is why mvc2 bison has a fireball. 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:47:16 AM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 04, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
K, so I'm playing SoulSilver. I'm trying to catch Zapdos. Zapdos is down in the red and is paralyzed. I've been throwing Ultra Balls at it for like 15 minutes. I decide to throw a Love Ball at it just to see the opening animation when he broke out, since I don't know what the Love Ball's animation is like.

Zapdos didn't break out. I caught him.

I'm still really confused.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:48:32 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1193 on: April 04, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »
Quote from: bulbapedia
Pok
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 04, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »
Zapdos has no gender, so the Love Ball was exactly as effective as a regular Poke Ball. Because of how catch rate works, the Poke Ball works 1/16 as often as the Ultra Ball works. I'd thrown about 60 Ultra Balls before I threw the single Love Ball, so I got really, really lucky.

As a new rule, I'm going to start doing my legendary hunts at night so I can use the Dusk Ball.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:15:35 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1195 on: April 04, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »
lol, ahh., I haven't played much pokemon lately. I mostly only played back on the first generation games. I really don't like most of the new pokemon.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1196 on: April 05, 2010, 04:30:24 AM »
mortified still having problems with the ports?

Quote from: ggposite
Step 3:
Open UDP ports 6000-6009 (inbound/outbound) and TCP port 7000 (outbound) in your home network. GGPO uses these ports to communicate with the matchmaking server and with other players on the internet.

i didn't really get the inbound/outbound stuff, but i forwarded the proper ports and when i tried playing online, i had no problems.  didn't help that i spent 15 minutes looking for the spot to forward ports since it isn't the most obvious thing to find on my router. 

and is it me or does 3s feel kind of...slow?  even comparing it to sf4.  it's not going to be a game i invest tons of time into, but if i can get games in with people, id be glad to play.  alpha 3 too, the computer rapes my ass, and there's no training mode(ARCADE VERSION), so...another shitty player would be welcome :)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:56 AM »
I've yet to try yet, but the last time I tried port forwarding I couldn't get it going.

Oh yeah, and 3S is fairly slow at first, but once you get the BnB combos and what not down it's generally faster and MUCH MUCH less projectile based then 4. I've been wanting to get into A3, so we could do that.

Also my thumb hurts from playing Vampire Saviour 2, shit's nuts.

Also also Super Metroid is shockingly hard. Like, JUST finding where to go is about as hard as finding any secrets, it's really weird.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:47:53 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1198 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:19 AM »
projectiles do not bother me.  i mean i play zangief in street fighter 2, a game all about fireball spam.  

as for port forwarding

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

should help somewhat.  it's not really hard to do, the hardest part is navigating whatever kind of router you have.  

*edit*

i will re iterate, the a3 ai FUCKING RAPES GODDAMN HOW IS A NEW PLAYER SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION IF THE FIRST FIGHT GRINDS YOUR BALLS IN?

*edittt*

the default difficulty is named "hard 3" uhh...pushed that mahfucker to normal.  basically had to find the diagnostic button and get to it from there.

*AND AGAIN I SHALL EDIT*

out of the 3 games played (a3, 3s, vs2), i like one more than the rest because it's more similar to sf2 in terms of initial feel.

vampire savior 2.  i know i mentioned it in a previous post, but i think ill work on this game a little more than the other two.  ill start annoying the forum more about playing on GGPO when i find myself mains in a3 and vs2 (since Q is my 3s bitch).   i mean vs2 is not sf2, but, it just has a certain feeling to it.  that and the sprites are really well done. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:07:32 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:55 PM »
Welcome to arcade emulation, and one of the reasons I can't get into King of Fighters.

Not sure I know what you're saying about VS2, but I do love the game. and yeah, ALL the characters are generally well designed and well animated in game.